Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer DPS Solution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorcerer DPS Solution

Mercediz
08.16.2012 , 12:17 PM | #101
Lack of burst is what kills a sorc, when the nerfed AE, they could of at least buffed LS to be on par with CL DMG wise.

Bolanos
08.16.2012 , 12:38 PM | #102
I just thought I'd share this with all of you, Classic case of a sage backpedaling because he knows that the Marauder is gonna rip him a new tail....literally

http://img.techpowerup.org/120705/070512jedi%20cats.jpg

Do you think he stand a chance?

Bolanos
08.16.2012 , 12:47 PM | #103
If BW doesn't want to fix sages burst DPS problem, why can't they at least give us a use for our sabers? Currently it's just a stat stick for us. Why not increase our defenses by giving us some sort of deflection/ripost ability in PvP with our sabers? Not much, just enough to help us last longer then the normal 5 to 10 seconds and gives us a reason to have a saber?

bobmcbo
08.16.2012 , 03:23 PM | #104
you can still cc people to death.
.never forget

warultima
08.16.2012 , 06:37 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by bobmcbo View Post
you can still cc people to death.
I know last time I saw a marauder he is liek liek very angry you no liek face all red angry. You know liek I liek insta like whirlwind teh angry marau while hes liek all face liek very red liek angry and hes like bork my like whirlwind like cc is like gone so I was liek oh mah godish so i was liek then i liek use overlyload and like knoked that face like red maraud then he was liek dead like cant be angry like face all red coz teh mara was liek dead dead.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Belpheghor
08.16.2012 , 08:20 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by wolfmith View Post
I agree and already made thread about this. Sorcs atm aer amoung the worst PvP classes ingame. They can hardly achieve the same amount of damage that other DPS classes can, and have way less survivability. Thanks on nerfing our DPS. Bacause PTs are perfectly balanced, right ? I just see them jumping into the middle to team fights, and getting the highest DPS every WZ. While I'm aside casting, die at first focus and can't even match their DPS. You guys are a failure when it comes to class balance.
Having played both classes, I agree 100% that PT, esp Pyro PT is EZ mode compared to my Madness Sorc.

I have to work twice as hard to kill a peep with my Sorc and am always weary of being jumped.

I basically do what you describe with my PT, jump right into the middle of the fight and get awesome dmg and kill numbers with VERY little effort or work.

But tbh, all classes being equally geared I think a good Pyro PT would come out on top in most 1 on 1 fights, so it's maybe not a good class to stack up against a Sorc, which has clearly been relegated to a support role.

Basically for Sorc they need to a) boost our survivability a bit (like perhaps increasing the dmg our bubble can take) or b) incresing our dps a bit by say, giving us more instant cast spells and/or shortening our dot times a bit.
"Let the hate flow through you"......

TheRealLuxford
08.16.2012 , 09:12 PM | #107
You can do this two ways IMO. Either gives sorcs more dps or more defensive toys to play with. I think a lower cool down on force speed as well as making us immune to stun for the duration of force speed would solve a lot of issues. I don't think the dps is a big issue if they make a minor tweak to force speed.

If they give me more dps on my sorc I'm afraid all these kids will be crying. I already melt everyone's face being this squishy.

Bioware thinks since there are so many sorcs the class is ok. I get so excited when I see the opposing team with a sorc or sage because they are so easy to kill and I'm a sorc..... That's a problem and I'm positive bioware understands that and will fix it .

Nagul
08.17.2012 , 09:53 AM | #108
Any chance the Bioware Development Team could comment on any of these valid suggestions on improving Sorcerer DPS...Burst and Survivability ??
Hell's Elite Legion
A mature and experienced PvP and PvE focused guild.
Guild SiteGuild Page

MidichIorian
08.17.2012 , 11:41 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagul View Post
Any chance the Bioware Development Team could comment on any of these valid suggestions on improving Sorcerer DPS...Burst and Survivability ??
Never a word. This despite that the entire "official" feedback thread was filled with "this class sucks in pvp".

I'm actually starting to consider that the squishiness if an outcome of a bug. On so many cases now Ive been grappled and burned down to 50% in the same move. I'm checking my logs and no one els is near, nor is the PT hitting me for 9,5K. So where does my health go? Happened in a game just now too and the highest hit on me was 4500'ish, not 10K. It just doesnt add up.
Same thing happens when I'm checking peoples streams. The damage has clear pop ups but the bars seem to go down faster than the total of those pop-ups. Am I missing something here? Is there damage that doesnt show up? I was under the impression that it was either white or yellow damage.

Monterone
08.17.2012 , 03:25 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagul View Post
You won't get a reply, might as well come to terms with it. Even when they had a fully staffed team they had a no communication policy -- now that the team is a fraction of what it was, I don't expect very much.

At least back in the day they had a test server and we could give feedback on proposed changes, now you just have to be happy with what you're handed.
Saminette
<DMG Ctrl> <Purple Cog>
Harbinger