Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A few minor in-game quirks/issues.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
A few minor in-game quirks/issues.

Viper_SUN
12.16.2011 , 04:45 AM | #1
Just a few things I've noticed playing yesterday that are a bit frustrating.

1. The Ctrl key seems to be handled differently than all other games. When this key is pressed down I can't use any keys to move and such. This is a huge problem for me as this is my push-to-talk button (and is so in every other game I've played, where it's never been an issue). Obviously I would like to see that fixed as it's extremely annoying (especially for future PvP shenanigans).

2. For some reason the key (on a Danish keyboard it's the key to the left of 1) is hard bound to some bug report/CS ticket thing. Very annoying as this is a key I also use for abilities.

3. The fullscreen windowed mode places itself on top of all programs behind it, making it impossible to call forward other programs using the same screen, thus rendering the entire thing somewhat useless. Every other game with this mode I've played have not done this (and I do love the borderless windowed mode). I would love for this to be fixed. Normal windowed mode doesn't suffer from this, but you're then running in a weird resolution (especially thinking if one is to make videos).

4. Mouse camera movement can be funky at times. Sometimes it just sort of jumps up or similar. It also feels as though the sensitivity isn't completely stable and sometimes it turns faster than others. I do not have enhanced mouse pointer precision enabled in Windows/mouse driver.
Sometimes the camera also seem to sort of detach itself from the character and you're able to turn the camera around at another axis than your character.

5. Activating a cast directly after moving isn't possible as the character uses a little while to actually "stop." Kind of annoying for PvP especially as you have this small delay in hectic situations where timing and fast reactions are key. Just makes it a bit awkward that as soon as _I_ stop my character it needs to actually figure out to stop and I have to wait for it to happen before I can activate an ability that requires that I'm not moving.
Seems to be a case of "need to play this little stop animation" which is fine for the most part, but if you start casting it should instantly let you do so and not wait for this thing to play out.

I think that's what I have for now. Other than those things it seems really smooth so far, so good job!

Blaqcix
12.17.2011 , 11:08 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Viper_SUN View Post
Just a few things I've noticed playing yesterday that are a bit frustrating.

1. The Ctrl key seems to be handled differently than all other games. When this key is pressed down I can't use any keys to move and such. This is a huge problem for me as this is my push-to-talk button (and is so in every other game I've played, where it's never been an issue). Obviously I would like to see that fixed as it's extremely annoying (especially for future PvP shenanigans).

2. For some reason the key (on a Danish keyboard it's the key to the left of 1) is hard bound to some bug report/CS ticket thing. Very annoying as this is a key I also use for abilities.

3. The fullscreen windowed mode places itself on top of all programs behind it, making it impossible to call forward other programs using the same screen, thus rendering the entire thing somewhat useless. Every other game with this mode I've played have not done this (and I do love the borderless windowed mode). I would love for this to be fixed. Normal windowed mode doesn't suffer from this, but you're then running in a weird resolution (especially thinking if one is to make videos).

4. Mouse camera movement can be funky at times. Sometimes it just sort of jumps up or similar. It also feels as though the sensitivity isn't completely stable and sometimes it turns faster than others. I do not have enhanced mouse pointer precision enabled in Windows/mouse driver.
Sometimes the camera also seem to sort of detach itself from the character and you're able to turn the camera around at another axis than your character.

5. Activating a cast directly after moving isn't possible as the character uses a little while to actually "stop." Kind of annoying for PvP especially as you have this small delay in hectic situations where timing and fast reactions are key. Just makes it a bit awkward that as soon as _I_ stop my character it needs to actually figure out to stop and I have to wait for it to happen before I can activate an ability that requires that I'm not moving.
Seems to be a case of "need to play this little stop animation" which is fine for the most part, but if you start casting it should instantly let you do so and not wait for this thing to play out.

I think that's what I have for now. Other than those things it seems really smooth so far, so good job!
TOTALLY agree on borderless window!

edit: wait no it works. Just hit alt-tab after you choose full screen windowed. I'm doing it right now in fact.

argondo
12.19.2011 , 02:13 PM | #3
agree on most especially the key as it is VERY important for me ......

OmenQ
12.19.2011 , 02:26 PM | #4
I've found that when setting the full-screen windowed option, it helps to fully exit the game after applying the option, then restarting the client. For some reason, it doesn't like changing that setting on the fly and only applies it at game startup.
I just wish the sound would work when alt-tabbed out. I don't know why it suddenly started doing that for the last beta weekend, but I miss having the background noises when I'm just checking an IM or e-mail that came in.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>