Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

corebit's Avatar


corebit
08.17.2012 , 09:04 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
Color crystals where mainly for Jedi/lightsaber users. If you dont understand that concept, there is no hope.

Stop crying.
Color crystals were usable by everyone, no matter how much difference it makes visually, the stats are useful, unlike bowcasters where melee/pistol classes cannot equip it at all. If you don't understand that concept, you have no hope.

Stop posting.
Account Cancelled 7/31/2012

Wayshuba's Avatar


Wayshuba
08.17.2012 , 09:07 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPasta View Post
Very much so, yes. I find a disconnect about disinterest being a motivational factor for whining about nothing to do, though. Lack of interest and lack of content are two separate issues, and a lot of people want to make them out to be the same thing...that was my point.
There is also lack of content. I have been here since early release and am on my 5th toon running through. I have done all the flashpoints, planetary quests, ops in normal and hard mode, rakghoul event and PvP warzones up the ying-yang. Please enlighten me as to what else there is too do once you have done all this stuff multiple times over? There are no sandbox elements (such as pazaak, ship customization, housing, sabaac, pod and swoop racing, holochess or gambling on Nar Shadda) so everything else, for those that have been here since launch, is done multiple times over.

Now we have what would have been patch 1.4 broken apart and going to be served in elements of one thing every six weeks. Yeah, BioWare is doing a GREAT job. It's us players who are the problem.
"Do or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

Ring of Destiny
Wayshuba (JG) Wayshumora (TC) Waysensei (JS) Weykoshi (SG)

Galbatorrix's Avatar


Galbatorrix
08.17.2012 , 09:09 AM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by juanni View Post
You are wrong. If you don't understand that concept, there is no hope for you. See what I did there?

I got the green-black crystal for my Powertech and still use it. One of the Mercenaries in our guild cares a lot about what colour crystals he is using.

So to say that the crystals were aimed at only lightsaber-wielders is short-sighted at best.

And saying that Bowcasters, that are BOUND TO LEGACY are not for everyone is accurate? Is there some stipulation on your account that won't allow you to create an advance class that can use these items?

Saying a bind to legacy item is not for every one is short-sighted at best. See what I did there?

corebit's Avatar


corebit
08.17.2012 , 09:16 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
And saying that Bowcasters, that are BOUND TO LEGACY are not for everyone is accurate? Is there some stipulation on your account that won't allow you to create an advance class that can use these items?

Saying a bind to legacy item is not for every one is short-sighted at best. See what I did there?
What is shortsighted is expecting every single player to have a bunch of alts, or expect them to level one even if they are not interested. A lot of people like to stick with their mains and are not interested in playing other classes, they like to focus and devote time on the class they like.

So what really is the downside to have rewards appealing to every class? Nothing, apart from developer lazyness.
Account Cancelled 7/31/2012

Indieboi's Avatar


Indieboi
08.17.2012 , 09:26 AM | #175
It's pointless for people to be saying "oh but they're useful for alts" and all the other excuses presented, the simple fact is there is no good reason for why there are not rewards usable by every class. It should not have been difficult for Bioware to see common sense and realise that if they ever give away unique items they should be available to all classes because as others have said not everyone has or is interested in rolling every different class.

Personally I have purchased 4 of the bowcasters, 2 for my sniper and 2 for my vanguard, however my main is a scoundrel which I have spent a lot of time on and these weapons are no use to the character I care the most about. There is no excuse for why the event does not benefit every class equally.
- CORAL/Friendly Fire -
My Stream | CORAL Videos | CORAL Site
I miss the old signatures :/

Galbatorrix's Avatar


Galbatorrix
08.17.2012 , 09:26 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by corebit View Post
What is shortsighted is expecting every single player to have a bunch of alts, or expect them to level one even if they are not interested. A lot of people like to stick with their mains and are not interested in playing other classes, they like to focus and devote time on the class they like.

So what really is the downside to have rewards appealing to every class? Nothing, apart from developer lazyness.

This game is an alt driven game.... and ALWAYS has been.

Alexi_son's Avatar


Alexi_son
08.17.2012 , 09:28 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
And saying that Bowcasters, that are BOUND TO LEGACY are not for everyone is accurate? Is there some stipulation on your account that won't allow you to create an advance class that can use these items?

Saying a bind to legacy item is not for every one is short-sighted at best. See what I did there?
But I already have the character I want to play. I've been rolling new characters and leveling them up for 15 years now across a myriad of games ... after about year 11 or 12 or so, I started getting more and more annoyed at leveling and re-leveling that grind in every new game, that for the last several years, when my guild has moved games, I will level up one character that I enjoy, focus on that guy, and I really, truly, and UTTERLY DESPISE at this point leveling up an alt - especially when it's doing the exact same quests, in the exact same content. .... and then here comes EA with a great idea to STRONGLY ENCOURAGE folks to roll and play alts - because they sure as hell don't have enough compelling new content for mains.

Frankly, I don't even really want to level up a main - but at least with a new game it's all new stuff the first time through, and that's a little better, so I can do one. Once I get max level, I've got no interest in tons of alts.

It sucked that this event doesn't give me anything worthwhile for any of my characters - and frankly that's more than a little disheartening, but oh well. Several folks in my guild haven't quit yet, and I've only cancelled one of my accounts so far, so I'm still on the fence for more I guess. I think these days the biggest thing keeping my guild on SWToR is we can't all agree on anywhere else to go.

The mods say "we know all their events are unique, right?" ... Uh sure, I guess, both of them have been. I think it's kind of cheesy to have events so infrequently and only provide an item useable by 1 advanced class, maybe 2 if you're Empire.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, it's what I've come to expect from Bioware / EA on this game. I guess it's what a million or so other folks have come to expect over the last year too

Illiyana's Avatar


Illiyana
08.17.2012 , 09:33 AM | #178
The fact that my Shadow Tank will, some time in the future, be able to have a sweet purple lightsaber makes the bowcasters pure win.

Galbatorrix's Avatar


Galbatorrix
08.17.2012 , 09:38 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Illiyana View Post
The fact that my Shadow Tank will, some time in the future, be able to have a sweet purple lightsaber makes the bowcasters pure win.
Wait.. the Bowcaster has a purple colored crystal (I told you guys I never pay attention)? And people are STILL complaining that they didn't get anything for them with this event??

Illiyana's Avatar


Illiyana
08.17.2012 , 09:40 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
Wait.. the Bowcaster has a purple colored crystal (I told you guys I never pay attention)? And people are STILL complaining that they didn't get anything for them with this event??
No, it doesn't. That being said, it's the first legacy item that you can place crystals into. Let the Imp to Pub crystal smuggling begin!