Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stacking

Blockk
08.15.2012 , 12:10 AM | #1
Really trying to get my lips around this term and what it means and how to do it

I get the general idea but cant say I understand it totally

Im guessing this is a normal part of MMO play - the idea of "stacking"

so you can stack as a group and you can stack individually ?

I see my JUYO Form with Sentinel stacking a lot but am not sure why its important and what I should do when it is stacking so I have just ignored it really

when i see it stacking is there something I should be doing ? or is the art of stacking and the fact that an ability is stacking is fine on its own ?

can anyone explain in layman terms ? I am really after

1. To stack - run the ability time and time again so it "stacks up" ?
2. when it stacks, what next ? or, its already doing what its designed to do ?

I started looking at this today as I saw a Sentinel healing in pvp ...... and apparently I need to use Overload saber with
cauterize and zen and somethere in there I need to crit - but unsure of the order of things and how this activated a heal

Quite often after a fight I see a green flytext number and it ommits the number "0" is this the heal ? with 0 heals ?
I say that as I have numbers flying up all over the place in fights so cant always distinguish all the numbers apart
the "0" flytext I plainly see as fights over and Im on speeder kind of thing

Sentinel/Watchman/Juyo

thank you
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Jedi

darthtrunkmonkey
08.15.2012 , 02:28 AM | #2
not really, all juyo form stacks do is:

1. add 2% melee dmg per stack

2. if talented gives your bleeds a 3%crit chance per stack so 3*5=15%

otherwise you really dont need to pay attention to it.

pay more attention to your bleeds/burns as those are your main focus till 40 then keeping an eye on merciless(the buff granted when using merciless slash)

Bida
08.16.2012 , 07:46 AM | #3
Stacking is a way to manage certain effects that your attacks can have, so that other attacks become more powerful, or even become available.

Take for instance my Bounty Hunter. where I use Tracer Missile to stack Heat Signature on a target. I can do this 5 times. The initial stack reduces the armor of my target 4% and each additional stack reduces it further. It also leaves the target vulnerable to Rail Shot which does big damage.

Some stacking abilities are bleeds, in that they do damage over time. For long fights you would want to stack that bleed and keep it stacked while you are fighting, for additional damage. Other stacks can reduce melee ability or ranged ability, or reduce a targets ability to run.

Typically the stack you place on a target is yours. Other players that can place the same stack get their own to manage. So, if I am grouped with another Bounty Hunter, I should see 2 stacks of Heat Signature.

For the flytext, I would recommend going into your preferences and turning off what you don't need. It should be more manageable then.

Blockk
08.17.2012 , 04:31 AM | #4
mint

nice explanation

cheers man
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Jedi