Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DakSomtaaw
08.17.2012 , 01:30 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Last_Hearth View Post
I don't know what people are complaining about. What you thought they were going to hand out legacy weapons for all 8 classes in one event? Then what is there to look forward to on the next event?

Of course they are going to spread it out, my trooper will benefit from this event, hopefully the next event will be better for my force users.
I was expecting worth while rewards that can be used by anyone. Like the Rakghoul event? Hey look color crystals! Everyone can use that!

This event?

Hey look... Bind to Legacy weapons! YES...

Wait... why is just blaster rifles and sniper rifles?

uh... Okay so I guess only Agents and Vanguards are going to get something useful out of this event.

Oh what? You thought a recolor of a pet, a lvl 1 speeder, and a recolor of already existing Sand People armor is worth while too?

Well What ever floats your boat.

I even just throwing in a unique color crystal for people would have gone a long way towards "Well I might not have a weapon but I got a nice crystal out of it."

Not to mention the quest design this time around but thats another issue entirely.

Chaac
08.17.2012 , 02:18 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
I do think that this event favors rifle users more than the previous event favored lightsaber users
I would say it significantly favours rifle users over other classes more than the previous event since at least with the previous event the crystals contained stats that could be used by anyone. Want a nice expertise crystal, there's one at the vendor, or an increase to your endurance or power or crit, get yourself to the vendor. With these weapons unless you're an aim or a cunning user, which is only the ranged classes, than you're not able gain any boosts. Equally if you are a force user you cannot move decent hilts from one character to another, whilst ranged may now move decent barrels.

Like others I'd have no issue with the rewards for this event, if the events were more regular but being months apart makes it frustrating and shows the devs seem to increasingly have little knowledge of how to manage an MMO.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

Folky
08.17.2012 , 02:28 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
It's the strangest design decision I've ever seen in an MMO. You hype up an event. People wait for it for months. It arrives. The rewards are ONLY for a small % of the playerbase? My mind is well and truly boggled!
So it's like them adding high level raid content, heh.

Devlonir
08.17.2012 , 02:32 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by DakSomtaaw View Post
a lvl 1 speeder
Which happens to be the coolest speeder in game..
Who cares it flies only 90%, for hanging around on fleet it is so awesome I'd say it's smoking! literally..

I first also thought: huh? 90% speeder? What use is that?
Then I saw someone on it and noticed it's basicly a smoking wreck of a speeder, that flies only 90%. That's pretty damn cool.
So what it's not the fastest possible speeder? It's awesome in it's own, unique, way.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Wayshuba
08.17.2012 , 03:50 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Nippon View Post
So are we getting another World Event like in 2 weeks or something so all the Melee classes can have some good stuff....

I can not understand this answer at all....Why alienate 50% of the classes in this game ??

Just another step i suppose to pissing people off and losing yet more subs. You devs do understand that its this kind of thing that really gets up peoples noses
First, it isn't 50% alienated, it is almost 82%. of 16 classes, there are weapons that only three classes use. Secondly, it is obvious this event was rushed out the door. This game is done, stick a fork in it. It already is the worst AAA MMO failure in history, it will be able to add biggest F2P failure to that list at this rate.

BioWare, sorry to say it but you guys really are clueless. No wonder this game is tanking faster than a rock thrown into a pond. August 25th I am done. You got one more month from me to tide me over until GW2 than I am gone for good. You guys really don't have a clue at all how to handle an MMO.

Before I go, however, here is my feedback for future events - start by getting an Executive Producer who has just a smiggin of a clue about MMOs. At least then you will stand some remote chance of possibly salvaging a small audience for this fiasco.
"Do or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

Ring of Destiny
Wayshuba (JG) Wayshumora (TC) Waysensei (JS) Weykoshi (SG)

Wayshuba
08.17.2012 , 04:00 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Last_Hearth View Post
I don't know what people are complaining about. What you thought they were going to hand out legacy weapons for all 8 classes in one event? Then what is there to look forward to on the next event?

Of course they are going to spread it out, my trooper will benefit from this event, hopefully the next event will be better for my force users.
Unless the next event comes out before August 25th, I won't worry about it. Sad to say, but BioWare has, without a doubt, proven themselves completely clueless about developing and managing an MMO. Of course, the sub numbers already prove that.
"Do or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

Ring of Destiny
Wayshuba (JG) Wayshumora (TC) Waysensei (JS) Weykoshi (SG)

Nippon
08.17.2012 , 04:03 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Folky View Post
So it's like them adding high level raid content, heh.
Raid content in this game can be done by a monkey, the only people that can not, are the ones who refuse to join guilds and make friends..

MMOs are about playing with other people, if you cant do that, you cant do the content...Its the same in ANY MMO on the market.!!

Purre
08.17.2012 , 04:36 AM | #98
yeah i really wanna know the reason why the mount is 90%?
why not release a repair kit or something to make it 110% or make it scale with skill...just having 1 mount at 90% makes no sense what so ever.....

juanni
08.17.2012 , 05:07 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Wayshuba View Post
First, it isn't 50% alienated, it is almost 82%. of 16 classes, there are weapons that only three classes use. Secondly, it is obvious this event was rushed out the door. This game is done, stick a fork in it. It already is the worst AAA MMO failure in history, it will be able to add biggest F2P failure to that list at this rate.

BioWare, sorry to say it but you guys really are clueless. No wonder this game is tanking faster than a rock thrown into a pond. August 25th I am done. You got one more month from me to tide me over until GW2 than I am gone for good. You guys really don't have a clue at all how to handle an MMO.

Before I go, however, here is my feedback for future events - start by getting an Executive Producer who has just a smiggin of a clue about MMOs. At least then you will stand some remote chance of possibly salvaging a small audience for this fiasco.
Operative, Sniper, Vanguard and Commando; that makes four.
"Keeping the DPS alive is not worth the effort if they break CC or start the pull. Dps are scum of the earth and should be treated as so. If they QQ then boot them since they are a dime a dozen. They should be forced to pay 50k credits each time they queue." vojinsa

Gokkus
08.17.2012 , 05:09 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Operative, Sniper, Vanguard and Commando; that makes four.
As far as I know, the vendor offers no weapons for Commando's, they dont use blaster rifles after all.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!