melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

MerkSauce

Thank you Joveth for the response.

I have maxed Guardian, Sage and Assassin and I don't feel that I have wasted any time doing this event. It was the only way the get a BoL weapon. Given that I leveled my Sin purely to get a purple colour Crystal for my Pub toons I am very happy that this event had BoL weaopns.

Every class can use the adaptive armour which looks awesome!

The pet and speeder can be used by everyone.

Anyway, I see VERY few Black/Green crystals from the last event around anymore. No one seems to use them anymore. Sabers are largely the same aside from colour so offering different hilts is kinda meh anyway. Plus Bowcasters are AWESOME! I'm even leveling a Sniper now to use the one I got, can't wait! Getting a 61 weapon for him straight away is just a bonus and nothing else.

The event is fun and that's what matters most.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!

So are we getting another World Event like in 2 weeks or something so all the Melee classes can have some good stuff....

I can not understand this answer at all....Why alienate 50% of the classes in this game ??

Just another step i suppose to pissing people off and losing yet more subs. You devs do understand that its this kind of thing that really gets up peoples noses :rolleyes:

Everyone getting mad cause a few classes got ****** items, and everyone else can't have ****** items to go along with them.

They're ******.

Get over it.

I enjoyed the event.

You obviously have no clue what the items enable you to do...Huh..

thought not !!

I have to think these bowcasters were made way before release but they couldn't find a good way to fit them into the game, so they're recycling them here. If would make sense given they don't really fit into the theme of the event. Maybe the devs just didn't have a "blaster" or melee equivalent to recycle.

Honestly though if I were a dev short on manpower, I'd reskin some of the weapons NPC's have. I think you could make the melee happy with a "unique" vibrosword or two.

I've enjoyed the event a lot :)

So far I've gotten my hands on 2 weapons, will try to get a few more that I find nice. Really enjoyed it and from guild chatt it looks like my guild has liked it as well. Look forward to the next event very much :D

Couldn't participate in the Rakghouls-event at all so I completely missed out on the colorcrystals. Do remember reading a lot of complaints during that event that it was favoring the force-users and unfair to those with blasters. Due to the cool color not being that visible with that type of weapon. Will be fun to see what kind of items we are getting next time. If one doesn't want the rewards then don't participate in this one. And hopefully the next one will have something that you like. If one wants all the pretty things, one will have to participate in all the events. There will be stuff for all of us eventually.

Thank you Joveth for the response.

I have maxed Guardian, Sage and Assassin and I don't feel that I have wasted any time doing this event. It was the only way the get a BoL weapon. Given that I leveled my Sin purely to get a purple colour Crystal for my Pub toons I am very happy that this event had BoL weaopns.

Every class can use the adaptive armour which looks awesome!

The pet and speeder can be used by everyone.

Anyway, I see VERY few Black/Green crystals from the last event around anymore. No one seems to use them anymore. Sabers are largely the same aside from colour so offering different hilts is kinda meh anyway. Plus Bowcasters are AWESOME! I'm even leveling a Sniper now to use the one I got, can't wait! Getting a 61 weapon for him straight away is just a bonus and nothing else.

The event is fun and that's what matters most.

If bowcasters are awesome why didn't Han use one?

Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

ROFL,

You don't get paid enough to face the hordes of angry mobs.

This event has annoyed the *&^% out of me. We waited a very long time for this, and it turns out to be rubbish. Some people enjoyed it. I did not. None of my guild mates did. No one else I spoke to on my server did either. You seem to be saying that the current rewards will be it. I see. I had been hoping otherwise.

Some things that would have fixed the united show of sheer annoyance would be:

*Put some unique usable rewards in for gods sake. A 90% speeder, a pet that looks like other pets and some weapons most people can't use or aren't really up to date simply isn't good enough. The stuff had to be desirable.

*Stop making quests that need to be completed by everyone, and have a single way of completing it for everyone. I sat there for a good length of time trying to get into a group for the laser quest in Grathan's compound, in fact that was so crap I am not even going to bother explaining it any more. Awful. Stupid.

*kindly stop angering your player base. A simple way of doing this would be to up the rewards. (A unique 110% speeder, a unique colour crystal(Hell, even a hard to get colour with +41 stats) perhaps a pet that was unique. Some other stuff most people could use.

In fact I have said all this stuff before Ad-Nauseum, as have many other people if you didn't listen or care then you sure aren't going to now.

Look I'm sorry we waited for this for a loooong time. If you are going to start having events every 2 weeks / month sure. But 4-5 months between each one and then saying HOHOHO you have to wait for the next one because we tricked you into believing this would be great, maybe the next one will be!!?

Perhaps you should hire some more personel if you are pumped for time? Oh sorry you fired tons of workers already. My mistake.

No, Thank you very much. *Does best Yoda impersonation* No money more of mine get will you! MMmhhMMM!

Hi folks,

Here's a suggestion: offer equal rewards for all classes. There is literally no upside to restricting them, aside from not having to pay Randy the Developer as much money.

I don't think they pay their developers. They're there as part of a welfare-work-plan.

Probably claim it's charity, and get tax write-offs.

"Hi Randy, what's happening?"

"I, uh... didn't receive my paycheck this week."

"um, you're gonna have to talk to Payroll about that."

"I did and they said..."

"Randy, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into Storage B."

Hi folks,

Ok, then I'm expecting blaster pistols only for the next event.

Hi folks,

Lets see, by the time you follow through on this, average 3-4 months between world events, the expansion will be out or the game will be dead. At the very least F2P will be live by then <sigh>.

When I saw that BW was making world events specific to given classes, I almost said f**k it and cancelled my account. One set of ugly-assed sandpeople gear. Not worth spending the time. Only thing it did for me is allow me to gather Commendations to sell in chat for cash for the Sith Warrior I'm leveling.

Another thing, now that you have rewarded the class you have this event, those individuals know that they can expect nothing in the next.

:mad:

Edited by Mergon

I don't know what people are complaining about. What you thought they were going to hand out legacy weapons for all 8 classes in one event? Then what is there to look forward to on the next event?

Of course they are going to spread it out, my trooper will benefit from this event, hopefully the next event will be better for my force users.

I don't know what people are complaining about. What you thought they were going to hand out legacy weapons for all 8 classes in one event? Then what is there to look forward to on the next event?

Of course they are going to spread it out, my trooper will benefit from this event, hopefully the next event will be better for my force users.

I was expecting worth while rewards that can be used by anyone. Like the Rakghoul event? Hey look color crystals! Everyone can use that!

This event?

Hey look... Bind to Legacy weapons! YES...

Wait... why is just blaster rifles and sniper rifles?

uh... Okay so I guess only Agents and Vanguards are going to get something useful out of this event.

Oh what? You thought a recolor of a pet, a lvl 1 speeder, and a recolor of already existing Sand People armor is worth while too?

Well What ever floats your boat.

I even just throwing in a unique color crystal for people would have gone a long way towards "Well I might not have a weapon but I got a nice crystal out of it."

Not to mention the quest design this time around but thats another issue entirely.

Edited by DakSomtaaw

I do think that this event favors rifle users more than the previous event favored lightsaber users

I would say it significantly favours rifle users over other classes more than the previous event since at least with the previous event the crystals contained stats that could be used by anyone. Want a nice expertise crystal, there's one at the vendor, or an increase to your endurance or power or crit, get yourself to the vendor. With these weapons unless you're an aim or a cunning user, which is only the ranged classes, than you're not able gain any boosts. Equally if you are a force user you cannot move decent hilts from one character to another, whilst ranged may now move decent barrels.

Like others I'd have no issue with the rewards for this event, if the events were more regular but being months apart makes it frustrating and shows the devs seem to increasingly have little knowledge of how to manage an MMO.

It's the strangest design decision I've ever seen in an MMO. You hype up an event. People wait for it for months. It arrives. The rewards are ONLY for a small % of the playerbase? My mind is well and truly boggled!

So it's like them adding high level raid content, heh.

a lvl 1 speeder

Which happens to be the coolest speeder in game..

Who cares it flies only 90%, for hanging around on fleet it is so awesome I'd say it's smoking! literally..

I first also thought: huh? 90% speeder? What use is that?

Then I saw someone on it and noticed it's basicly a smoking wreck of a speeder, that flies only 90%. That's pretty damn cool.

So what it's not the fastest possible speeder? It's awesome in it's own, unique, way.

So are we getting another World Event like in 2 weeks or something so all the Melee classes can have some good stuff....

I can not understand this answer at all....Why alienate 50% of the classes in this game ??

Just another step i suppose to pissing people off and losing yet more subs. You devs do understand that its this kind of thing that really gets up peoples noses :rolleyes:

First, it isn't 50% alienated, it is almost 82%. of 16 classes, there are weapons that only three classes use. Secondly, it is obvious this event was rushed out the door. This game is done, stick a fork in it. It already is the worst AAA MMO failure in history, it will be able to add biggest F2P failure to that list at this rate.

BioWare, sorry to say it but you guys really are clueless. No wonder this game is tanking faster than a rock thrown into a pond. August 25th I am done. You got one more month from me to tide me over until GW2 than I am gone for good. You guys really don't have a clue at all how to handle an MMO.

Before I go, however, here is my feedback for future events - start by getting an Executive Producer who has just a smiggin of a clue about MMOs. At least then you will stand some remote chance of possibly salvaging a small audience for this fiasco.

Edited by Wayshuba

Unless the next event comes out before August 25th, I won't worry about it. Sad to say, but BioWare has, without a doubt, proven themselves completely clueless about developing and managing an MMO. Of course, the sub numbers already prove that.

So it's like them adding high level raid content, heh.

Raid content in this game can be done by a monkey, the only people that can not, are the ones who refuse to join guilds and make friends..

MMOs are about playing with other people, if you cant do that, you cant do the content...Its the same in ANY MMO on the market.!!

First, it isn't 50% alienated, it is almost 82%. of 16 classes, there are weapons that only three classes use. Secondly, it is obvious this event was rushed out the door. This game is done, stick a fork in it. It already is the worst AAA MMO failure in history, it will be able to add biggest F2P failure to that list at this rate.

BioWare, sorry to say it but you guys really are clueless. No wonder this game is tanking faster than a rock thrown into a pond. August 25th I am done. You got one more month from me to tide me over until GW2 than I am gone for good. You guys really don't have a clue at all how to handle an MMO.

Before I go, however, here is my feedback for future events - start by getting an Executive Producer who has just a smiggin of a clue about MMOs. At least then you will stand some remote chance of possibly salvaging a small audience for this fiasco.

Operative, Sniper, Vanguard and Commando; that makes four.