Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BreadHelmet
08.16.2012 , 09:46 PM | #81
bravo bioware. you've successfully told 5/8 of the community to bend over and take it as you plow them into hamburger. my hats off to ya

CorellianWannabe
08.16.2012 , 10:18 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Thank you Joveth for the response.

I have maxed Guardian, Sage and Assassin and I don't feel that I have wasted any time doing this event. It was the only way the get a BoL weapon. Given that I leveled my Sin purely to get a purple colour Crystal for my Pub toons I am very happy that this event had BoL weaopns.

Every class can use the adaptive armour which looks awesome!

The pet and speeder can be used by everyone.

Anyway, I see VERY few Black/Green crystals from the last event around anymore. No one seems to use them anymore. Sabers are largely the same aside from colour so offering different hilts is kinda meh anyway. Plus Bowcasters are AWESOME! I'm even leveling a Sniper now to use the one I got, can't wait! Getting a 61 weapon for him straight away is just a bonus and nothing else.

The event is fun and that's what matters most.
If bowcasters are awesome why didn't Han use one?

timmyw
08.16.2012 , 10:52 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!
ROFL,

You don't get paid enough to face the hordes of angry mobs.

This event has annoyed the *&^% out of me. We waited a very long time for this, and it turns out to be rubbish. Some people enjoyed it. I did not. None of my guild mates did. No one else I spoke to on my server did either. You seem to be saying that the current rewards will be it. I see. I had been hoping otherwise.

Some things that would have fixed the united show of sheer annoyance would be:

*Put some unique usable rewards in for gods sake. A 90% speeder, a pet that looks like other pets and some weapons most people can't use or aren't really up to date simply isn't good enough. The stuff had to be desirable.

*Stop making quests that need to be completed by everyone, and have a single way of completing it for everyone. I sat there for a good length of time trying to get into a group for the laser quest in Grathan's compound, in fact that was so crap I am not even going to bother explaining it any more. Awful. Stupid.

*kindly stop angering your player base. A simple way of doing this would be to up the rewards. (A unique 110% speeder, a unique colour crystal(Hell, even a hard to get colour with +41 stats) perhaps a pet that was unique. Some other stuff most people could use.

In fact I have said all this stuff before Ad-Nauseum, as have many other people if you didn't listen or care then you sure aren't going to now.

Look I'm sorry we waited for this for a loooong time. If you are going to start having events every 2 weeks / month sure. But 4-5 months between each one and then saying HOHOHO you have to wait for the next one because we tricked you into believing this would be great, maybe the next one will be!!?

Perhaps you should hire some more personel if you are pumped for time? Oh sorry you fired tons of workers already. My mistake.

No, Thank you very much. *Does best Yoda impersonation* No money more of mine get will you! MMmhhMMM!

discosoc
08.16.2012 , 11:51 PM | #84
Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Here's a suggestion: offer equal rewards for all classes. There is literally no upside to restricting them, aside from not having to pay Randy the Developer as much money.

CaptRavenous
08.16.2012 , 11:57 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by discosoc View Post
Here's a suggestion: offer equal rewards for all classes. There is literally no upside to restricting them, aside from not having to pay Randy the Developer as much money.
I don't think they pay their developers. They're there as part of a welfare-work-plan.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

discosoc
08.17.2012 , 12:05 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptRavenous View Post
I don't think they pay their developers. They're there as part of a welfare-work-plan.
Probably claim it's charity, and get tax write-offs.

"Hi Randy, what's happening?"

"I, uh... didn't receive my paycheck this week."

"um, you're gonna have to talk to Payroll about that."

"I did and they said..."

"Randy, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into Storage B."

Darth-Rammstein
08.17.2012 , 12:13 AM | #87
Hi folks,

Ok, then I'm expecting blaster pistols only for the next event.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Newyankalt
08.17.2012 , 01:01 AM | #88
I'm using a bowcaster on my commando and I love just took the cannon mods and put them in.

Mergon
08.17.2012 , 01:17 AM | #89
Hi folks,

Lets see, by the time you follow through on this, average 3-4 months between world events, the expansion will be out or the game will be dead. At the very least F2P will be live by then <sigh>.

When I saw that BW was making world events specific to given classes, I almost said f**k it and cancelled my account. One set of ugly-assed sandpeople gear. Not worth spending the time. Only thing it did for me is allow me to gather Commendations to sell in chat for cash for the Sith Warrior I'm leveling.

Another thing, now that you have rewarded the class you have this event, those individuals know that they can expect nothing in the next.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!

Last_Hearth
08.17.2012 , 01:20 AM | #90
I don't know what people are complaining about. What you thought they were going to hand out legacy weapons for all 8 classes in one event? Then what is there to look forward to on the next event?

Of course they are going to spread it out, my trooper will benefit from this event, hopefully the next event will be better for my force users.