Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have you ever..?

Gwena
08.16.2012 , 09:47 PM | #11
Nope, females don't do it for me. Never happened with any of my male characters either, though. I like to play male characters, but all the ones I make are the sort that would be placed squarely in the Friend Zone if they were real people. xD

I don't think it is that strange is someone gets a bit of a crush on one of their characters, though. With the stories and voiceovers on this game, our characters really become "characters", so it's sorta like having a crush on Lara Croft or something.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Spawn_of_Santa
08.16.2012 , 10:30 PM | #12
I cyber with my female characters. I simply talk to them out loud & then type out their response to myself.

It's the closest I'll ever get to true love....
I like my women like I like my coffee: Strong, bitter & hand-picked by some guy in Colombia.

NorrinRaddd
08.16.2012 , 10:33 PM | #13
OP i hope is not serious....

Ferdia
08.17.2012 , 03:23 AM | #14

Dext
08.17.2012 , 03:39 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
This is all just weird.
I am with you on this.
CE VIP
Current Book: Vector Prime
Next Book: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
New Republic Navy

Shingara
08.17.2012 , 03:42 AM | #16
Listen to this whilst you read this thread http://youtu.be/lPnM5mMaWz8 if your old enough you will get what it means
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Hartharia
08.17.2012 , 03:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Stenrik View Post
You've never RP'd have you?
Yes and I think it is weird too. There is a difference between RP and actually saying you would mary a character over a real person anyday.

SpoeMeister
08.17.2012 , 04:04 AM | #18
How could I ever choose a toon over my current girlfriend. I mean, look at her, she's beautiful!!

My girlfriend
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

Thaed
08.17.2012 , 04:10 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Hartharia View Post
Yes and I think it is weird too. There is a difference between RP and actually saying you would mary a character over a real person anyday.
What bounds are we placing on this marriage, though?

That is to say, if the character became real? If you became a character in whatever particular world it is? Or if you, as a real life person, married pixels?

Because if the first two... Yeah.

Edit:

Quote: Originally Posted by SpoeMeister View Post
How could I ever choose a toon over my current girlfriend. I mean, look at her, she's beautiful!!

My girlfriend
Whoa, that wench is cheating on me!
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

Hartharia
08.17.2012 , 04:26 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaed View Post
What bounds are we placing on this marriage, though?

That is to say, if the character became real? If you became a character in whatever particular world it is? Or if you, as a real life person, married pixels?

Because if the first two... Yeah.
Read his post again:
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanikk View Post
Rolled a female toon and ended up falling in love with them?

I would marry my twilek sith sorcerer over any real life person. lol
There is no mention of if she was real, or if he turned into a character in the game, but that he would marry them over a real person any day. He has already set the limit and that is in the area of marrying pixels. It may not have been his intent however that is how it reads and all we have to go on.

If it was "If my character was a real person then I would marry her/him" then we would be in a completely different situation and conversation. However given the current OP then it does reach the realm of creepy to me.

Mind you it's not as weird as some I have heard of, apparently a woman "married" a building she has been a cleaner in for years. Ah found it:
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines...ries-building/