Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Magdalane
08.16.2012 , 02:01 PM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
I got a couple requests for an Ipha story so here she is in all her glory. No spoilers, Elara, Jorgan and Tanno Vik co star.

What's in a Name?
I always love Ipha stories! Thanks, Morgani!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

iamthehoyden
08.16.2012 , 03:43 PM | #1022
I got a couple requests for an Ipha story so here she is in all her glory. No spoilers, Elara, Jorgan and Tanno Vik co star.

What's in a Name?

Spoiler
When I saw an Ipha story I literally clapped and then I muffled all subsequent laughter and wheezing so I wouldn't get weird looks. I cannot tell you how much I love this character, and this story is so. much. fun. So much!!! <3 <3 <3 Ipha (and Jorgan, cause well, always <3 Jorgan)
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

almostinsane
08.16.2012 , 04:33 PM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
Another one of last weeks prompts, Guilty pleasures. I hand wrote these, and they seemed so much longer in my note book. lol.

Anyways, another short moment, this time featuring Akaavi Spar.

Spoiler
Nice. My Smuggler would never let her live that down. :P

Love these fics everyone. They're awesome. I'll try to post something as soon as I'm not busy with college and moving.

Selentar
08.16.2012 , 05:18 PM | #1024
Really nice stories, guys. I will have to stop slacking and sneak one in

iamthehoyden
08.16.2012 , 08:46 PM | #1025
Companion Quest

Politics During Wartime
JK - Scourge (with a teensy bit of Esma) no spoilers

Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
08.16.2012 , 09:00 PM | #1026
Once again I have fallen behind the reading curve...here I go!

Quote: Originally Posted by Selentar View Post
And another...

Mission Accomplished featuring Andronikos, Talos and my Sith assassin. No spoilers (I think ). Written late at night so apologies for any mistake.
I love your Talos. I always love Talos. Marvelous story.

Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post

I finally came up with rudiments of a backstory for my agent...so here's what's in a name with Vriska Alyssum the Operative! With an appearance from Meenah Ferula the Sith Assassin.
Oh, the prose flowed wonderfully for this one. I like.

More names. This time it's Ayang.

Spoiler
This, I feel like this fills in a really critical part of Ayang's background.

Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Prompt: What’s in a Name?

Title: Judas

Character: Rixik (mercenary)
I could feel the grime on this one. Well done. As ever, I love your attention to detail.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Companion Quest

Politics During Wartime

Author's Note:
Spoiler
My new favorite parliamentary style.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

elliotcat
08.16.2012 , 10:01 PM | #1027
Thanks, bright! Glad you liked it. I often feel like I have to skirt around Ayang's background to avoid getting too dark and/or adult. I don't want to upset people.

I hope to write more of Vriska later. Especially
Spoiler

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

elliotcat
08.16.2012 , 10:24 PM | #1028
Time for new prompts! Hooray!

8/17/12
What If? - Most characters have some major event in their past that changed the entire course of their life. What if that event never happened? Would they even take part in their class stories, meet all their companions, or be the person you played? Suggested by Morgani.

My First - Firsts are usually special - first items, like Jedi and Sith's first lightsabers or an agent or smuggler's first gun. First times, like your first time connecting with the Force or your first time stepping onto your ship. Firsts can change a person and solidify who they are. Write about a special "first" in your character's life and how it shaped them.

What's in a Name - Extended for the week because it was so popular. If it still inspires you, keep writing it! All the stories were just that good.

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Striges
08.17.2012 , 01:13 AM | #1029
Also catching up with the thread. Darn server maintenance this morning (yesterday morning...whatever).

I really enjoyed this one. Will we soon see a new franchise "Hair Club for Males"?

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Companion Quest

Politics During Wartime
Also a lot of fun to read. Especially knowing that Scourge was not being funny, he was dead serious.

More names. This time it's Ayang.
Again, nice insight into Ayang's background. Dark, yeah, adult, yeah, but that's who that character is. I think you showed that part of Ayang's history in a good way: not telling the past events as they happened, but how Ayang dealt with it later.

I also appreciated the unplanned juxtaposition of Ayang's story with mine on Rixik's.

Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Striges, very well written! And perfect for a smuggler!
Funny you should mention smuggler as his class. Rixik started out as my smuggler but had a career change when I re-rolled a female smuggler. He's now my bounty hunter. Suits him better. I didn't change his backstory (he's young here, well before class stories start) beyond giving him a reason to take up bounty hunting, so I guess it shows.

Tatile
08.17.2012 , 04:32 AM | #1030
What If?

Spoiler