Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

yoomazir
08.16.2012 , 06:55 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.
Just try to have an item for every class for the next event, it's more fair like that.

Kirihuna
08.16.2012 , 07:00 PM | #72
Everyone getting mad cause a few classes got ****** items, and everyone else can't have ****** items to go along with them.
They're ******.
Get over it.
I enjoyed the event.
50 Guardian / 26 Commando / 16 Sage / 10 Vanguard / 10 Sentinel / 14 Gunslinger

tolaf
08.16.2012 , 07:02 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirihuna View Post
Everyone getting mad cause a few classes got ****** items, and everyone else can't have ****** items to go along with them.
They're ******.
Get over it.
I enjoyed the event.
Yeah, screw equality!!!!
Dark Nova leader of the Sin-gie clan

Nikei
08.16.2012 , 07:20 PM | #74
Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one.
So, lets see...

(gear for 3 classes out of 16) mutiplied by (at best quarterly obvious attention grabs because of billing cycles ending) = something for every class by early 2014...

Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.
If present performance is any indicator, you have no future.

Styxx
08.16.2012 , 07:43 PM | #75
So, in April, we got no weapons

In August, we get blaster rifles and sniper rifles.

Yes... it is clearly viable to add one type of weapon each 4 months.

I am really not one to complain, but effective as soon as one can get one gun, you can send barrels to alts. Where are the HILTS, which players you are discriminating and will keep doing so until you add one... 4 months in the future?
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

grallmate
08.16.2012 , 07:45 PM | #76
Thank you Joveth for the response.

I have maxed Guardian, Sage and Assassin and I don't feel that I have wasted any time doing this event. It was the only way the get a BoL weapon. Given that I leveled my Sin purely to get a purple colour Crystal for my Pub toons I am very happy that this event had BoL weaopns.

Every class can use the adaptive armour which looks awesome!

The pet and speeder can be used by everyone.

Anyway, I see VERY few Black/Green crystals from the last event around anymore. No one seems to use them anymore. Sabers are largely the same aside from colour so offering different hilts is kinda meh anyway. Plus Bowcasters are AWESOME! I'm even leveling a Sniper now to use the one I got, can't wait! Getting a 61 weapon for him straight away is just a bonus and nothing else.

The event is fun and that's what matters most.

Nippon
08.16.2012 , 07:48 PM | #77
Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!
So are we getting another World Event like in 2 weeks or something so all the Melee classes can have some good stuff....

I can not understand this answer at all....Why alienate 50% of the classes in this game ??

Just another step i suppose to pissing people off and losing yet more subs. You devs do understand that its this kind of thing that really gets up peoples noses

Nippon
08.16.2012 , 08:04 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirihuna View Post
They're ******.
Get over it.
I enjoyed the event.
You obviously have no clue what the items enable you to do...Huh..

thought not !!

Stenrik
08.16.2012 , 09:03 PM | #79
I have to think these bowcasters were made way before release but they couldn't find a good way to fit them into the game, so they're recycling them here. If would make sense given they don't really fit into the theme of the event. Maybe the devs just didn't have a "blaster" or melee equivalent to recycle.

Honestly though if I were a dev short on manpower, I'd reskin some of the weapons NPC's have. I think you could make the melee happy with a "unique" vibrosword or two.

SilentKitty
08.16.2012 , 09:33 PM | #80
I've enjoyed the event a lot

So far I've gotten my hands on 2 weapons, will try to get a few more that I find nice. Really enjoyed it and from guild chatt it looks like my guild has liked it as well. Look forward to the next event very much

Couldn't participate in the Rakghouls-event at all so I completely missed out on the colorcrystals. Do remember reading a lot of complaints during that event that it was favoring the force-users and unfair to those with blasters. Due to the cool color not being that visible with that type of weapon. Will be fun to see what kind of items we are getting next time. If one doesn't want the rewards then don't participate in this one. And hopefully the next one will have something that you like. If one wants all the pretty things, one will have to participate in all the events. There will be stuff for all of us eventually.