Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gokkus
08.16.2012 , 04:34 PM | #51
So does this mean it is certain that there will be no other uses for the tokens? Because I will spend them on companion weapons and pets if thats the case.

It is a bit strange for rewards to be geared for such specific advanced classes.
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!

juanni
08.16.2012 , 04:45 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!
What about the reasoning behind the mount not being 110% speed? I can understand the weapon thing (even though I think its a poor choice) but the speeder not being top speed? Weird.

rgndrock
08.16.2012 , 04:57 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by juanni View Post
What about the reasoning behind the mount not being 110% speed? I can understand the weapon thing (even though I think its a poor choice) but the speeder not being top speed? Weird.
I read someone else post this and it changed my thinking: "It makes sense that it is only 90% when you factor in that it is down a motor and pouring smoke and sparks."

So people at 50 may wish to have the 110% on their travel speeder, but when you look at it as a novelty item and not a means of travel it all makes sense. It is not logical for the person who needs a Tier 3 speeder to get around. It does make sense to people that like odd speeders.

To me it wouldn't make sense for a broken down old jalopy moving at the same pace as a Porsche.

Deewe
08.16.2012 , 05:00 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by juanni View Post
IMHO you're going to be able to upgrade the speeder through RMT.

InnerPieces
08.16.2012 , 05:14 PM | #55
Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

I still find it unfortunate, but what I really wanted to say was:

Thank you for the explanation. At least it makes sense. Blaster Pistols and Lightsabers will have to wait. I just hope it's not another 3-6 months for both. Honestly, I'm kinda of glad. The grind for this one is far more tedious and pits players against one another far too much.

Oddly, there are people who still don't think it's a good idea to group up or make an ops group and would rather stand in line, be angry when people cut, and then cut themselves. All solved by joining a group.

Speaking of which, I would like to thank someone for allowing us to complete these objectives in an Ops group. That was a great idea. It would have been best to not have to depend on people being civil to reach your objective, but the few times I have had people willing to join a group, it's worked very well.
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

Reek
08.16.2012 , 05:30 PM | #56
Come on BioWare. With nearly every decision you make it seems you just don't know what the heck you're doing.

You've done 2 events over the life of the game. To tell people to wait for the next event is nothing more than an admission of failure on your guys' part.
Reyk / Reekx / Daemen / Iyapo
Vulkar Highway: 3rd Battlemaster, 1st Full War Hero Gear

Glzmo
08.16.2012 , 05:40 PM | #57
Hi folks,

You should just make sure that the reward item types are fairly distributed for all advanced classes for every single event.

By the way, with Bound on Legacy Wookiee Bowcasters in the game, does that mean we may see Wookiees as playable species in the future?

Hambunctious
08.16.2012 , 05:40 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Come on BioWare. With nearly every decision you make it seems you just don't know what the heck you're doing.

You've done 2 events over the life of the game. To tell people to wait for the next event is nothing more than an admission of failure on your guys' part.
There's one word to describe BW's decisions....

INCONCEIVABLE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D58LpHBnvsI

TheCynic
08.16.2012 , 05:48 PM | #59
Hi folks,

Ok 1st. This is poor reasoning and its thought process like this that anger the players and have resulted in what TOR has become.

2nd, MONTHS ago the quest rewards were data mined and posted on these very forums players gave feedback that said "I hope there are rewards for other classes"
It would have been nice if you guys had read that thread and added rewards for ALL CLASSES!
The Crew Skills button must also be a UI bug like the HIGH setting for textures.

Drudenfusz
08.16.2012 , 05:49 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
By the way, with Bound on Legacy Wookiee Bowcasters in the game, does that mean we may see Wookiees as playable species in the future?
Wookiees still can't speak basic... so the answer is still no.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version