Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

aurellian
08.16.2012 , 03:38 PM | #31
I actually think that's pretty darn cool. It builds interest in future events. I went back and was looking at some of the rackghoul event rewards, (I missed out on that event unfortunately) and the majority of them looked to be geared towards force users. I can see why people would feel left out, but I like the concept because it's different. I also think that the rewards aren't the only reason to participate in the event, the event itself sometimes is reason enough for playing. But that's just me.

Twickers
08.16.2012 , 03:42 PM | #32
The nice thing about these weapons is that they aren't something ridiculously OP, they're a nice upgrade for a toon around the level range the weapons are at, so a fresh 50 would have a very nice weapon to start them off, and since they're bound to legacy you can easily send it around to other toons who would get a use out of them.

Basically they're nice to have but not something absolutely required for endgame.

anakedcowboy
08.16.2012 , 03:49 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!
*facepalm* It's not a matter of opinion.

Everyone uses crystals. Everyone. PVE, PVP, every class. They were useful. Great reward. It created an after market and everything.

At 50, only 25% of people can use the bowcasters, and doing so outside of showing it off requires spending over A HUNDRED THOUSAND CREDITS just to remove the barrel to upgrade it to even rakata level, at which point it will be individually BoP even if you make the overarching weapon BoL because you used a standard barrel.

In 9 months, you've done 2 events. If this is the frequency, the rewards should have at least the potetial of being used by the level 50s that make up a majority of your still active playerbase.

Think, mcfly.

DarkISI
08.16.2012 , 03:51 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
The nice thing about these weapons is that they aren't something ridiculously OP, they're a nice upgrade for a toon around the level range the weapons are at, so a fresh 50 would have a very nice weapon to start them off, and since they're bound to legacy you can easily send it around to other toons who would get a use out of them.

Basically they're nice to have but not something absolutely required for endgame.

Also, they contain the first epic weapon mod. That opens the door for future epics (hopefully).
Wenn man mit Todessternen auf Womprattenjagd geht, dann ist alles, was zerstört wird und keine Wompratte ist, Kollateralschaden.

FadedSpark
08.16.2012 , 03:53 PM | #35
Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Participating? You've COMPLETELY wasted the time of the players who use lightsabers/vibroblades with this event...

The last event was useful for everyone, this one just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and honestly p***** me off...
FadedSpark - 31/1/9
Galactic Energy Corps - Officer | Sith Meditation Sphere

Ansalem
08.16.2012 , 03:58 PM | #36
Hi folks,

So in regular speak you are basically saying tough noogies better luck next time? Wow that inspires me to renew my sub. I would suggest you make available items that every class can benefit from because by making only 1 weapon exclusive per event you are turning off a lot of your customers to not only not participate in the event, but to stop playing your game. After reading your response to the frustration of your customers over what this event has to offer after we waited so long for content I feel like you just gave me a big bottle of hogwash to drink...and it don't taste very good at all.

Drudenfusz
08.16.2012 , 04:00 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by FadedSpark View Post
Participating? You've COMPLETELY wasted the time of the players who use lightsabers/vibroblades with this event...

The last event was useful for everyone, this one just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and honestly p***** me off...
Strange, I play a Jedi Shadow and don't feel like I wasted my time, I liked the event so far.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Daeada
08.16.2012 , 04:02 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by anakedcowboy View Post
At 50, only 25% of people can use the bowcasters, and doing so outside of showing it off requires spending over A HUNDRED THOUSAND CREDITS just to remove the barrel to upgrade it to even rakata level, at which point it will be individually BoP even if you make the overarching weapon BoL because you used a standard barrel.
...You don't have to remove the barrel to put in a new one. If you are going to upgrade, then just overwrite he expensive barrel with a Rakata level one. Also, BoL gear does NOT individually bind once you put anything in it, it stays BoL. This is how you transfer (already bound) Mods across your account.

VulcanLogic
08.16.2012 , 04:03 PM | #39
Why doesn't Illidan drop any legendaries but swords? It's not fair to shamans! No, I don't want to wait my turn!

That's what I'm hearing. All over again. Only this time, it's over a sub-Columi quality "legendary". Pathetic.
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.

JWillets
08.16.2012 , 04:08 PM | #40
Hi folks,

So you're saying the trash we see is what we get.....cool. A week before the Guild Wars 2 release was/is not the best time to screw over the melee and blaster pistol people.