Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New to the game.

Riverie
08.13.2012 , 06:30 PM | #1
So I'm currently downloading , i have decided to try out this game due to the fact everyone hates on it. Yet the videos look very impressive.
I was just wondering which server is best for a new English speaking player (UK).

And is the playerbase active or not?

If u want to add me just leave your IGN on here and ill PM you as i like to make friends on new games=)

Jediaidertwo
08.13.2012 , 06:37 PM | #2
Ok so for a server choice, you need to log on at a time when you will mostly be playing (i.e after work/school) and see which server has the largest population, there are 3 tabs, America, Europe, Asia Pasific. It tells you which langauge is spoken somewhere on there.

I have no idea what a playerbase is so someone else can answer that.

For those who hate the game, why do you play it? A strong lack of brains and logic shines through with each of your negative comments.

Shyran: lvl 50 ShadowShyrin :lvl 50 Sentinel
Thras: lvl 30 Commando Buff'me: lvl 18 Scoundrel
Shy'rin: lvl 50 Powertech Jub-Jub: lvl 23 Assasin
Shy'ran: lvl 15 JuggernaughtThrrawn: lvl 46 Sniper

SilentKitty
08.14.2012 , 12:52 AM | #3
Well, if you play PvE then Nightmare Lands is a nice server

It's where I play, people are nice and quite often we can have nice little banters in general chat.

Here's a link to the European servers status, so you can see what you have to choose from if you play in the evenings in UK.

http://www.torstatus.net/nightmare-lands/history/7d

Ognathon
08.14.2012 , 07:42 AM | #4
If you want to RP go to Primogenitor server. It's where I am and is really fun. Everyone there is friendly--I've never seen anyone be mean--and lots of people are always looking for groups and barely anyone says no to an invite. There are even people looking for an Ops group to take down a World Boss. Going around in groups is very fun and you always seem to get the right people in your group (a healer and a tank + anyone else). I would strongly reccomend Primogenitor.

P.S. if you do go on Primogenitor, add me: Ketevor, level 18 Vanguard.

vwsupra
08.14.2012 , 07:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Riverie View Post
So I'm currently downloading , i have decided to try out this game due to the fact everyone hates on it. Yet the videos look very impressive.
I was just wondering which server is best for a new English speaking player (UK).

And is the playerbase active or not?

If u want to add me just leave your IGN on here and ill PM you as i like to make friends on new games=)
All I can tell you is cancel the download and run...........run as fast as you can and never look back.
(something funny)

Ashaari
08.14.2012 , 08:29 AM | #6
The server lists were recently cut to a few which are fairly well populated and of a decent standard.

Personally I play on both the Progenator (RP) and Red Eclipse servers, both of which are very good.

Ultimately it only takes a few hours to level a character to lvl 10 and off of the starter planet and to the fleet - this should also provide you with enough time to get a feel for the server and decide whether you want to stay or tey levelling on an alternative server.

The primary sign of a good server is population, so if you look at the Server list during prime time (approx 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm and look at the population indicators (Low, Standard, High etc), together with the server type to suit your needs (RP, PvE, PvP etc) the choice should ne greatly narrowed down to 1 or 2 options.

AloneJedeye
08.14.2012 , 04:41 PM | #7
I've just started playing myself, about a few days ago. I went with the Jedi Convenant, it's a PvE server with a population between STANDARD and HEAVY.

I haven't tried the Sith on that server yet, but I know that the Jedi/Republic is very friendly.

Riivu
08.14.2012 , 04:52 PM | #8
Im on Tomb Of Freedon Nadd, nice PVP server with lots of PVE going on too
Zenzey
< Harbinger >
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

davroslyrad
08.16.2012 , 09:07 AM | #9
Being a RPG'r of old, I am on the Ebon Hawk, which is an RP server. It's population is heavy, which has been great. Groups form quickly, item trade is vibrant, and guilds are very active.

As to why people hate on this, I have yet to figure out. Granted this is my first MMO experience (I started with beta testing and early access) so maybe I am missing something. There were a few bumps along the way (server population decline, lack of group finder were the top of my list), however these have been addressed and are working well.

So welcome to the game, I certainly hope you like it. If not (and people may not, which is okay) simply move on.

BTW: If you have questions, or need help, please ask. Most people are more than willing to help.