Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Content Next Month

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheGreatFrosty
08.15.2012 , 07:11 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
agree,
grinding is not the symbol of swtor,
it is its story line,
where is the new story????

all u can do is just a new WZ, OP, FP, space and gears?
how can that improve ur swtor???

we only care about the new STORY contents!
I really don't think that's what the guy you're quoting was suggesting. I know most of (if not all) the people I play with, PVPers and PVEers, want content over story at this point.

Twickers
08.15.2012 , 07:19 PM | #122
More story would be nice, but more content to keep people occupied at higher levels is more needed.

Deluged
08.15.2012 , 07:49 PM | #123
The solo player(dont start the boring arguement about liking solo play in a MMO) Its a fact a ton of folk like playing that way.........................................Anyway , why isn't there any news on content for those who, dont like to group, play at really offf times and can't group, or play in virtually dead servers.
Again the squeeky wheel gets the oil.
You're going to lose a huge part of your community if you dont start feeding the solo players out there.

Fact.
Uneasy lays the head that wears the crown

Spuck
08.15.2012 , 08:36 PM | #124
Unfortunately, it looks as if I'll have to get my PvP fix in other games. And just move to F2P here for the occasional PvE fix. I realize content in MMO's comes at a snails pace. It seems to have always been that way. But Bioware is beginning to remind me of SOE in the way they too became quiet and seemingly disregarding the playerbase. Then suddenly they sprung the NGE. And after that died down and the ashes settled... new content was another year or more away. So, to me, it looks like now that Bioware has sprung the F2P on us, 2-4mths when that dies down... new content will be here in 2014. I think 2014 will be the year of Swtor!

HarghTalach
08.15.2012 , 08:37 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Deluged View Post
The solo player(dont start the boring arguement about liking solo play in a MMO) Its a fact a ton of folk like playing that way.........................................Anyway , why isn't there any news on content for those who, dont like to group, play at really offf times and can't group, or play in virtually dead servers.
Again the squeeky wheel gets the oil.
You're going to lose a huge part of your community if you dont start feeding the solo players out there.

Fact.
Do they care if they do lose those subscribers though at this stage of the game?

Just how big a group are we?

With f2p ops are not available, limited acces to warzones, flashpoints and space. The story they have admitted is expensive to make. So they concentrate on operations, flashpoints and pvp, to make it attractive for the f2p people to sub and to try to keep those that like that content still subbing and possibly bring back previous subscribers.

It's more bang for their buck time and cost wise for developement and I don't blame them.

Wether they will ever be able to satisfy the raid / pvp crowd is another topic alltogether, but best of luck to them if that is their focus.

People that are not here for the multiplayer focus content push they look like doing are probably acceptable sub losses and have allready possibly been factored into the equation.

Just my take on it.

Ashania
08.15.2012 , 11:00 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.
Thanks for the response. Will these new PvP items require Ranked Warzone comms and the corresponding War Hero piece? (ie. War Hero Force-Mystic Chestpiece for New Gear Force-Mystic Chestpiece) Are there any plans to open up the gear trading sytem to allow a Force-Master > Force-Mystic conversion rather than needing a specific piece?

Also...

Quote:
Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear.
What...
50 Sawbones Scoundrel | 50 Medicine Operative
50 Seer Sage | 50 Deception Assassin
50 Bodyguard Mercenary

alifaraaz
08.16.2012 , 03:51 AM | #127
They already said in the past we won't be getting new story content until atleast next year, most likely after Makeb. by story content I mean 'Chapter 4'. Maybe those plans have or will change, but from all the info we've been given and the interview at GamesCom, they seem to be continuing with that idea.

So over the next 2 months we can expect a new Ops and then a WZ. then f2p will launch. And then most likely after that well get Makeb and some more Ops and WZ in like Dec/Jan . I can't see us getting actual story content for ages, most likely not until they do an expansion or something (if they.choose to make one, or just keep doing incremental patches)
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Redat
08.16.2012 , 05:18 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
Strictly speaking a world event counts as a "content release."

Another thing to keep in mind: BioWare has been quite adamant in "we're working on NiM Denova" and "NiM Denova is coming." I seriously doubt we'll see a coincide release of TFB and NiM Denova. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not saying the NIM Denova patch will be out in August, but it would not surprise me if it did.
Calling a world event " content" is a bit of a cheek dont you think, YES it leeps you busy for 10 minutes BUT what players are talking about is actual "content" meat and gravy stuff. Saying they (BW)are releasing content when this is all they get is a big joke. No force user weapons, sketchy quests, just a time sink, and I will not be driving around NS any more wasting my time.

JesseSky
08.16.2012 , 07:22 AM | #129 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
The new tier of gear in HM Terror From Beyond is higher-level than Campaign. It shares the appearance, but it uses a new color palette.

Jesse Sky
Lead Designer

Crawelc
08.16.2012 , 08:29 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.
Really need some clarification on how we will get the next tier of PvP gear. I have been sitting on my War Hero shells in fear of having to trade them in for the next tier. I would like to RE them as the mats are selling very well right now. Is there any chance that we could get a definite answer on wether we have to trade the WH in for the next tier.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.