Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

32 or 64 bit: The Greatest Conundrum Ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
32 or 64 bit: The Greatest Conundrum Ever
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ulpitt
08.15.2012 , 09:58 PM | #1
Okay... so maybe I exaggerated the greatness of the conundrum...

Here's the deal. I have a computer with a 64bit system, and it just occurred to me that my SWTOR has been running in 32 bit since I installed it in April. Can I fix this? I would rather like to get the full use of my computer. I mean, geeze, I paid enough for it after all.
If you can help me, I'll give you an internet!

Valethar
08.15.2012 , 10:51 PM | #2
Unless I missed something in recent weeks, there is no 64-bit client available for SWTOR.

There is a threadnaught that's been running since around Feb discussing it, but I've not checked on that in a couple of months. With the transition to Pay2Win coming, it's probably far back on the priority list, if it's on there at all.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Cerimon
08.16.2012 , 12:51 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings ulpitt,

While a 64-bit game client is unlikely, you can enjoy the fact that with a 64-bit Operating System you will be able to use more than 4GB of RAM.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Stoofa
08.16.2012 , 03:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ulpitt View Post
Okay... so maybe I exaggerated the greatness of the conundrum...

Here's the deal. I have a computer with a 64bit system, and it just occurred to me that my SWTOR has been running in 32 bit since I installed it in April. Can I fix this? I would rather like to get the full use of my computer. I mean, geeze, I paid enough for it after all.
If you can help me, I'll give you an internet!
I think you're getting a little confused.
It's your OS that will either be 32 bit or 64 bit, not the SWTOR client.
No conundrum - nobody should really be running 32bit these days unless they are on 5+ year old hardware.