Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terror From Beyond =/= Tier 3

Sasturm
08.15.2012 , 01:52 PM | #1
According to this post from Allyson Berryman on the Dev Tracker, the new gear from Terror From Beyond, will NOT be tier 3. Instead, it will be a sub-tier of Tier 2 gear.

Quote: Originally Posted by AllysonBerryman
I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.
As part of a progression raiding guild, this worries me and makes me wonder when we might be seeing a new tier, new set bonuses, and new visuals (Tier 2 is quite unpleasant). Some time in December or in 2013? Joveth or Allyson, could we get a Dev response as to when we might possibly see a real Tier 3 set of gear?

I will venture a guess that this is the new sub-tier (rating 150) we will be seeing in TFB:
http://www.torhead.com/item/3Z246hX/...ers-body-armor

Please dont flame, im just a worried guild+raid leader that wants to keep his group of raiders together. Something that some of you will understand, continues to be increasingly hard when content comes at a slow pace.

Hunny_Bun
08.15.2012 , 01:58 PM | #2
I'm not sure I understood her use of "sub tier"

To me "sub" means "below". But I think taking the message as a whole she meant "equal"
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

TheBBP
08.15.2012 , 02:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sasturm View Post
I will venture a guess that this is the new sub-tier (rating 150) we will be seeing in TFB:
http://www.torhead.com/item/3Z246hX/...ers-body-armor

Please dont flame, im just a worried guild+raid leader that wants to keep his group of raiders together. Something that some of you will understand, continues to be increasingly hard when content comes at a slow pace.
That looks like a gear upgrade to me. What is the problem?

Sasturm
08.15.2012 , 02:01 PM | #4
Tionese/Columi/Rakata, were all sub-tiers of Tier 1 PvE gear. Tier 2 began with Campaign (which is a sub-tier of tier 2 gear), and will continue with the gear drops from Terror From Beyond.

Sasturm
08.15.2012 , 02:01 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
That looks like a gear upgrade to me. What is the problem?
DId someone say there was a problem? I asked when we might see Tier 3. Stop trolling.

Russkiier
08.15.2012 , 02:08 PM | #6
Tionese/Columi/Rakata, were all sub-tiers of Tier 1 PvE gear. Tier 2 began with Campaign (which is a sub-tier of tier 2 gear), and will continue with the gear drops from Terror From Beyond.
Mind Blown

WillHolmes
08.15.2012 , 02:12 PM | #7
its basically a partial tier again with a miniscule increase.

tio (51)
colu (56)
raka (58)
BH/camp (61)
Denova (63) - this is the new sub tier at least seems like that increase will feel relative to the increase u got between columi and rakata.
Hazmat (65) with that info ill assume this is our t3 then way down the road
Jedi Covenant

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
8/8 Imperial AC lvl 55

emidas
08.15.2012 , 02:20 PM | #8
Tionese/Columi/Rakata = Tier 1
Black Hole/Campaign/TFB = Tier 2

TheBBP
08.15.2012 , 02:22 PM | #9
DId someone say there was a problem? I asked when we might see Tier 3. Stop trolling.
Pipe down there slugger. When you said...

As part of a progression raiding guild, this worries me
I figured that you had a problem. I have never been worried about something unless there was a problem.

That's just me though I guess.

Chaqen
08.15.2012 , 03:02 PM | #10
Okay, so story mode TFB will drop campaign and NiM EC when we get it will drop the same as HM TFB?

Majority of people are all 61 already, since BH comms raining from the sky makes gearing up extremley easy. Hopefully SM will be scaled for a group in more then rakata, or you probably will be able to ignore most mechanics and push through it like SM EC was with a grp fully rakata.