Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Content Next Month

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheGreatFrosty
08.15.2012 , 12:59 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I'm afraid I don't have much more information about upcoming content right now, but we'll continue to work to bring you more information!
Can I ask, is there any word on when the patch notes will be available, or when the patch will make an appearance on PTS?

I know many who are very anxious to hear this news.

coerCez
08.15.2012 , 12:59 PM | #82
I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.
Hi Allison,

Thank you so much for clarifying this topic around new gear.

Could you also, if at all possible, tell us if his Recruit Mk-2 tier will be equivalent of Battlemaster gear? If so, then I assume WH will be available by Warzone commendations and the New Tier that will be offered when Ancient Gates goes live will be available via Rated Coms. Could you confirm or deny?

Thanks.
Sapphir - 50 Marauder
Coerce - 50 Operative
Colgerro - 50 Powertech

AllisonBerryman
08.15.2012 , 01:03 PM | #83 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatFrosty View Post
Can I ask, is there any word on when the patch notes will be available, or when the patch will make an appearance on PTS?

I know many who are very anxious to hear this news.
No news yet on when the patch notes will be available or when the new content will be available to test on PTS, but I'll let you know as soon as we can!

Lord_Karsk
08.15.2012 , 01:09 PM | #84
No news yet on when the patch notes will be available or when the new content will be available to test on PTS, but I'll let you know as soon as we can!
Do you know if there are any mayor tweaks when it comes to class balance in that patch ?

ChazDoit
08.15.2012 , 01:12 PM | #85
I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.
Hmmm, more Gear Over Skill dominance on PVP, this is not looking good.

Celebrus
08.15.2012 , 01:30 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatFrosty View Post
In the presentation what was actually said was : New raid next month. New WZ and Space mission "SOON THERE AFTER", i.e. not next month, or at least, certainly not at the same time.

Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You are trying real hard to turn this into a negative. Why?

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!
Man, screw all those trolls, haters, and negative nancies. Always trying to turn everything into a negative, never happy with anything...it seems they've even infiltrated the CMs! As you can tell, Allison here is obviously compromised by these twisted individuals. Burn her, I say! Burn her!!!!

Seriously though. You're wrong Andryah, as usual.
"The free-to-play people can't invest to the level we can invest, and can't create something of the size and scale of something we can create." - Greg Zeshuk

Source.

dakisback
08.15.2012 , 01:37 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by ChazDoit View Post
Hmmm, more Gear Over Skill dominance on PVP, this is not looking good.

Hmmm, more QQ'ing over having to earn gear.
DakisbackMarkmanship Sniper Dakisbehindyou[AMR]Lethality Operative DakiscatImmortal Juggernaut Dakisaheadofyou Darkness Assassin
<The Revenant>
The Shadowlands

RobNightfall
08.15.2012 , 01:47 PM | #88
Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!
Good luck with that
Edited because the devs appear to have fixed at least 80% of the crap that was pissing me off.

Wugan
08.15.2012 , 01:51 PM | #89
I can't be the only one who is confused about what exactly a "new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear" actually means. Could we get some clarification with specific item levels? For example, most of my gear from Explosive Conflict has level 61 mods, enhancements, etc., which is Campaign level. Will the new Operation continue to drop level 61 gear that is just differently itemized? That's how I am reading this post but I could definitely be reading it wrong.

If so, I am very surprised that a new Operation would release with what seems to be sidegrades in terms of gear, given how long most guilds have been farming Explosive Conflict and in some cases even getting their alts into best in slot gear.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Wugan --- Sage

alifaraaz
08.15.2012 , 02:17 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Wugan View Post
I can't be the only one who is confused about what exactly a "new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear" actually means. Could we get some clarification with specific item levels? For example, most of my gear from Explosive Conflict has level 61 mods, enhancements, etc., which is Campaign level. Will the new Operation continue to drop level 61 gear that is just differently itemized? That's how I am reading this post but I could definitely be reading it wrong.

If so, I am very surprised that a new Operation would release with what seems to be sidegrades in terms of gear, given how long most guilds have been farming Explosive Conflict and in some cases even getting their alts into best in slot gear.
I could be wrong as I'm completely guessing here.

But I think what it means by the larg tier is that they'll look the ame visually but different colours. As in maybe Tionese Columi.and Rakata are all considered sub tiers of one big tier.

And now there will be Campaign followed by Whatever EC Nightmare and Terror Drop, Hazmat or whatever it was called. My only confusion is regarding the armourings.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]