Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is the event outfit Bind on Pickup?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is the event outfit Bind on Pickup?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheRealCandyMan
08.14.2012 , 09:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JPSimonetti View Post
I think the better question is *** does the event have to do with Sand People?

... and, no, it's not the same as the Social gear version. Very close, but different color set.
It's got different graphical designs as well. The head piece is clearly different.

OP, why don't you just get on your Jugg and send him all the tokens needed to buy the set?

TheSeer
08.14.2012 , 10:05 PM | #12
I don't get it either. We have the legacy bound feature, a very nice feature if they would simple use it. In the event case all the items should be trade among our characters that way we can easily give them to our alts who may not be create or high enough level. Why just the guns?

Blondesolid
08.14.2012 , 10:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JPSimonetti View Post
I think the better question is *** does the event have to do with Sand People?

... and, no, it's not the same as the Social gear version. Very close, but different color set.
I was trying to piece this together as well. I'm seeing no correlation between this faction and the sand people lol.

laslaya
08.14.2012 , 10:29 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
I hate the idea of Bind of Pickup for everything and anything. I just don't think that it should exist.
This. In a game that focuses so much on alts, BoP is BS.

Hestis
08.15.2012 , 08:56 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealCandyMan View Post
It's got different graphical designs as well. The head piece is clearly different.

OP, why don't you just get on your Jugg and send him all the tokens needed to buy the set?
He's talking about a character he hasn't made yet. It's the same issue I have. I've wanted to make a Tusken Jedi, but I've been focusing on my Imperial Agent right now. I hadn't worried about the Jedi because I didn't like the head piece for the sandpeople social armor. So now if I want to get this armor for a new character. I'd have to hope that I could start the Jedi and level him up high enough to get to NS before the event ends. I realize it's not the biggest deal in the world, but I do like to focus on one character at a time (especially because of the story). It would be so much nicer if these were bind on legacy as well. At least the tokens can be sent to alts.

AllisonBerryman
08.15.2012 , 12:41 PM | #16 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I asked Systems Designer David Hunt why the Sand People Bloodguard outfit is currently bind on pickup instead of bind on Legacy, and he let me know that it will be changed to bind on Legacy in the future - this will also affect the Imperial and Republic Containment Officer outfits from the Rakghoul event.

Exilim
08.15.2012 , 12:44 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I asked Systems Designer David Hunt why the Sand People Bloodguard outfit is currently bind on pickup instead of bind on Legacy, and he let me know that it will be changed to bind on Legacy in the future - this will also affect the Imperial and Republic Containment Officer outfits from the Rakghoul event.
Ooooooo nifty. Ty
I believe in people bombing
I believe in people warring
I believe diseases coming
I believe that's why I'm running

Lionflash
08.15.2012 , 12:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by flyersfan View Post
I hate the idea of Bind of Pickup for everything and anything. I just don't think that it should exist.
I agree. I had to deal with the same thing with my last girlfriend.

Zing!

women... amiright fellas'?

KurganNazzir
08.15.2012 , 12:49 PM | #19
Thank you, ma'am (and sir). Now if only the Lobelot was the same way, I liked that I could send the Pale Rakling from the Rakghoul event to my baby Knight (though it wasn't bound at all, if I recall correctly).
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Gwena
08.15.2012 , 12:52 PM | #20
That is great to know, thanks! Now I might actually pick up a couple of the sand people pieces from the event.

And if Containment Officer sets are becoming bind on legacy too . . . does this mean I'll be able to use my Republic Containment Officer set on my Empire characters? That would be awesome, 'cause my Imperial characters were all too low level to participate in the Rakghoul event, and I have since switched my focus to the Imperial side.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.