Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MerkSauce
08.15.2012 , 08:37 AM | #11
A bunch of people were saying it was like ilum 2.0 back in the day haha. Im not to worried about color crystal transfer I was hoping to see variety of weapons. Or maybe even better color crystals. I wasnt sure about the rakghoul event i was boycotting TOR then ha but i heard it had way better items...

WaywardOne
08.15.2012 , 08:48 AM | #12
If they do one of these events every month or two and if each event basically only has something cute that some classes may have to give to an alt or companion that would be cool. I hope that's the plan so long as it isn't the same classes getting love every time.

Sylin
08.15.2012 , 09:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MerkSauce View Post
They added stuff for rakghoul event didnt they?
Yes, they did. Each day opened up new missions and new adaptive gear (the Containment suit) as rewards, along with the quest to get the crimson rakling, etc. I'm pretty sure we've only seen the tip of the proverbial iceberg for the Chevin event. Heck, it's not even 2 days old yet!

Quote: Originally Posted by ReverendAnderson View Post
They didn't hype this thing for months. The put out a video like two days ago.
BW has been hinting at the next "world event" since the Rakghoul event ended months ago. There's been a lot of hints and hype made at the various Cons and through fan sites and social media by the Community Team. And all the quests for this event were data-mined back when 1.3 came out. I can see how this may escape the notice of some casual players, which is why they released the video to signal the event was about to begin. But the fact that a new world event was coming is hardly news.
[ [ [ S Y L I N ] ] ]
‎"I'm programmed to understand over 100 languages and dialects,
and in not one is the phrase "on fire" positive when referring to a person!"

Urael
08.15.2012 , 09:21 AM | #14
Pull out the mods. A run at Belsavis dailies will cover you. Smugglers and Bounty Hunters are not entirely out in this event.

BenjaminminU
08.15.2012 , 09:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
Does no one else realize that this is a Bind on Legacy weapon? You can smuggle color crystals across sides now. Purple lightsaber on pubs, blue-black on imp, etc.
Shhhhhh, no one can know

But that makes me happy as i can get a purple colour crystal for my Jedi Guardian for once he hits 50
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

TheBBP
08.15.2012 , 09:35 AM | #16
Legendary Barrels.

Nuff said.

MerkSauce
08.15.2012 , 09:37 AM | #17
barrels come in handy for my lightsaber....

TheBBP
08.15.2012 , 09:38 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MerkSauce View Post
barrels come in handy for my lightsaber....
I find it hard to believe that you have not considered that someday they will have a Jedi-centric event and you and your glowbat can cash in then while we rifle-carrying mortals sob in the corner like you are now.

MerkSauce
08.15.2012 , 10:40 AM | #19
well today wasnt that day, they should have some variation for all users of the game. Unless one of the guns shoots mini lightsabers its all trash...

mavsynchroid
08.15.2012 , 01:11 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
3/8 classes benefit from this event.

GG.

(2 of which are empire. Sorry pubs.)
I'm having a brain fart. Which two out of eight are empire? I can only think of the agent. Neither the BH, the inq, or the warrior can use it.