Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Newly 50, what's next?

SweetOldBob
07.13.2012 , 11:21 AM | #11
If you like PvP, do the WZs. If you like PvE, OPs and flashpoints are fun. I recommend doing both.

Gear up. You need better gear. And if you do both PvP and PvE, you may decide that you need separate PvP and PvE kits. Don't try to PvP in PvE gear.

In your PvP gear, try to get your expertise up to 1100, at least.

Doing the dailies will help you gear up and get you the credits to buy augments. The heroic dailies are more fun and have higher rewards.

Cgeers!
Sometimes you have to roll a hard six.

Obed, lvl 50 VR 83 Commando,
Dothan, lvl 50 VR 74 Sentinel

scottberg
07.13.2012 , 12:13 PM | #12
Another thing you can do is roll a new character, and use your lvl 50 to fund new character so that he/she always has good gear. I'm leveling my 2nd character now and it is much easier this time around because I have access to my level 50s money.

humphreyhufnagel
07.13.2012 , 04:18 PM | #13
Just wanted to give you a heads-up about Belsavis. The dailies are at the Wilderness outpost speeder in the south and also way to the north (i forget the waypoint). The one to the north you may need to hike to in order to unlock the rakata warp thing so you won't need to warp there in your future dailies.

Teldrax
08.14.2012 , 05:59 AM | #14
Hey all, I am back with another question. I figured I would just use this thread instead of starting a new one.

I have been working on my dailies, dang that is a full time job. LOL

I cannot find something though. I am looking for Equipment/Armor modifications + enhancement modifications that I can purchase with daily commendations, but I cannot find them. Not at the fleet, Ilum, Belsavius, or the Black Hole. Yea, I can find Armor / Barrel and Hilt mods, but that is it.

I am looking for the purple, level 50 ones you can buy with daily commendations. Not the ones you can buy with whatever planetary commendations can be earned.

Any direction would be awesome.

haliy
08.14.2012 , 06:16 AM | #15
Enhancment: Ilum Heroic 2 reward
Mod & Armoring : Belsavis Heroic 2's rewards
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Teldrax
08.14.2012 , 01:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
Enhancment: Ilum Heroic 2 reward
Mod & Armoring : Belsavis Heroic 2's rewards
Drat, they are only available as rewards? Thanks for the feedback.

darthtrunkmonkey
08.15.2012 , 02:34 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Eminok View Post
Step 1. Get a good guild or you're dead.

Come back to us when done
stop being rude and unsub

im in a small less then 15man guild, and i pug hm's everyday without any issue, i stay out of KUS/LI until i feel ready to pass the guild torch to my friend and join a raiding guild

do not listen to trolls like the person i quoted

ahnog
08.15.2012 , 03:54 AM | #18
1. Join a guild. Help others. Build relationships. Run instances and Operations with the guild.

2. Space Combat.

3. Roleplaying

4. Crafting

5. Play the GTN

6. PvP

7. Find all the datacroms

8. Run dailies for cash

9. Gear out yourself and all your companions.

10. Level up another toon to follow its story.
Ahnog
Hokey religions can't replace a good blaster at your side

JacksonMo
08.15.2012 , 09:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by scottberg View Post
Another thing you can do is roll a new character, and use your lvl 50 to fund new character so that he/she always has good gear. I'm leveling my 2nd character now and it is much easier this time around because I have access to my level 50s money.
Disagree. Not strongly, just this will prove to be a money pit. Use any planet commendations you have left over to by mods, enhancements. Otherwise, let your flashpoints be your gear providers. You gain xp every trip, even if you don't get the armor you want. Plus you out level your gear so fast, you'll be spending more time on your 50 trying to keep the gear current than you do leveling.
I'm speaking from experience here...
When I stopped farming for alt gear, and focused on leveling my alt in flash points and class quests, my alt took off like a rocket!
Keep the alt parked in a rest area any time you aren't leveling them. Let your main work on gear progression and dailies.
Get yourself a set of legacy gear, and you can mod rip a set columni or better for your alt and be OP ready the moment you hit 50. It's even better if your alt is the same base class (scoundrel/gunslinger) so you can pass down gear your main has outgrown directly. My gunslinger alt has a Rakata chest piece and gloves at lvl 44.