Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Grand Acquisitions Race

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ancaglon
08.15.2012 , 03:45 AM | #101
Mostly, I like the event. The big thing that I spotted quite late is that the social gear set includes Moddable Bracer and Belts, which will be awesome for all but 2 of my characters. I have a Vanguard and a Sniper, so I'm going for the Bowcasters on those too. (The level 50 version is a little better than Tionese, but not as good as Columi -- but since the Columi weapon only drops in content that you'd be lucky to get as a fresh 50 (KP Story mode from Karagga, or from Dr Lorick in LI HM), I think it's a good early purchase).

Nar Shadda's "people per instance" seems to have been tweaked so that there's no more than 100 people per instance, so the "event" stuff seems manageable, but the boxes are still too rare given how many people are looking for them.

This is largely because of the poor design of the "Vandrayk Tuning Apparatus" mission. It should just require collecting 6 pieces, not 6 UNIQUE pieces. Fix THAT, and the frustration of opening dozens of boxes for your last piece will go away. Those pieces aren't even set with a unique item limit, which means that, if you are doing it in a group and have auto-loot turned on, you'll have taken a piece that someone else in the group needs without being able to do anything. FIX THIS MISSION and you'll have fixed at least half the problems with the whole event.

I also agree that the rewards should be Bind-on-Legacy.

SilentKitty
08.15.2012 , 04:18 AM | #102
I enjoy the event

Got most of the items fixed. Have bought 2 legacy-weapons that look really really nice. A sniper rifle and a blaster rifle. Think I'm going to get a few more of those.

I'm not to worried about this event rewarding rifles, I'm just getting my hands on everything I find goodlooking. One day they will have an even that rewards lightsabers, or thechstaves. We don't get every single thing at one time. My friend got everything that could be collected from the Rakghoul-event, I was busy with work so I missed it completely. Now it's the other way around, he's swamped, might not be able to participate. I'm collecting all the pretty things I can get my hands on. Who knows what we will get in the next event.

AshlaBoga
08.15.2012 , 04:21 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipacnaa View Post
So have I understood this right: first day is / was a one day thing only and took place yesterday?

I was online yesterday but got no BW hint that there was such an event taking place. I'm overall generally happy with BW and TOR but this is absolute bull cr*p.

How am I meant to know about these events if not through the game
A) Ongoing event

B) Announced in the game-launcher AND in fleet
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Drudenfusz
08.15.2012 , 04:33 AM | #104
So, I just did the Lead quest on Coruscant, but checking my questlog then, it seems like I somehow lost the Another Lead quest (the A New Lead quest is still there). Is that a bug that happened to just me, or has anyone else the same issue?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Xenirath
08.15.2012 , 04:36 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipacnaa View Post
So have I understood this right: first day is / was a one day thing only and took place yesterday?

I was online yesterday but got no BW hint that there was such an event taking place. I'm overall generally happy with BW and TOR but this is absolute bull cr*p.

How am I meant to know about these events if not through the game
Lol, there is a new terminal on the fleet. The patcher has a giant picture, and the website has a video!

No hint? Its everywhere man! Not biowares fault you're blind.
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

Xenirath
08.15.2012 , 04:39 AM | #106
I'm loving the event, I finally got a speeder with some style. 3 bowcasters for future or current alts, a frogdog pet hopefully soon, and I plan on getting the entire sandpeople armor set for multiple characters and the 3 level 50 bowcasters.

Hey, the event breaks up the daily grind of WZs/Ops/Fps/Dailes. Good enough for me.
The Three Topics Better Not Discussed Online:
1)Religion
2)Politics
3)Which Videogames are Better

Neptunius
08.15.2012 , 04:52 AM | #107
It would be nice if they could post a list of the rewards.

Also, why make a event that not everyone can participate in?

Would be better to make events like this on each start zone planet, then everyone could be a part of it and it would make everyone more happy, both high levels and low levels.

Lindsey Stirling makes amazing music. Go to her youtube channel and listen/watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

Zargs
08.15.2012 , 04:53 AM | #108
"great riches". Where? All I seen so far is weapons for 2 AC's. a crap speeder, a ugly pet and some Sand people armor.
Where are the "great riches" you talking about? Do you mean the pet and the title in the end?

hate-wizard
08.15.2012 , 04:56 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Neptunius View Post
It would be nice if they could post a list of the rewards.
Dulfy has a list of the currently available rewards. If you meant ones that may be available in the future, this is no help.

thechimera
08.15.2012 , 05:00 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenirath View Post
Lol, there is a new terminal on the fleet. The patcher has a giant picture, and the website has a video!

No hint? Its everywhere man! Not biowares fault you're blind.
Three places isn't everywhere. If you were already logged in and don't hang out in the fleet 24/7 it's easy to miss. And to be honest, the rewards are so bad I'm not surprised they're not making a big deal of it.