Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Blurry textures on preview screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Blurry textures on preview screen
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Metacross's Avatar


Metacross
08.14.2012 , 10:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
I'm glad to hear that this has resolved at least some of your issue.

Please let us know if the driver resolves the issue fully.

Thanks.
Hi .Well the drivers are update btw they're the new beta ones, but I still have the blurred gear on character selection. Only in the muscle man.
Also i tried to preview some items and there are blurred ones and good ones, it's normal? thanks Bronholz

Cerimon's Avatar


Cerimon
08.15.2012 , 01:35 AM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Metacross,

Please experiment with your graphics card settings such as Anisotropic filtering, Texture filtering quality and Trilinear optimization as these will change how textures are displayed.

When you ran the Repair utility from the Launcher were any files repaired? If so, please run the repair utility repeatedly until no more files are repaired. If you find the same files are repaired again and again then running Chkdsk is advised.

Let us know how you get on.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Metacross's Avatar


Metacross
08.15.2012 , 03:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Metacross,

Please experiment with your graphics card settings such as Anisotropic filtering, Texture filtering quality and Trilinear optimization as these will change how textures are displayed.

When you ran the Repair utility from the Launcher were any files repaired? If so, please run the repair utility repeatedly until no more files are repaired. If you find the same files are repaired again and again then running Chkdsk is advised.

Let us know how you get on.
Hi there cerimon i did just what you say here but there's no fix and btw im having the same blurry effects this afternoon, on preview screen, why? i already renamed the clients settings file like 30 times but there's no fix, it keeps making client_settings up of client_settings(+letter) and i delate this file and i keep renaming the new client settings to see the fix that was at the start but there's no fix anymore

Bronholz's Avatar


Bronholz
08.15.2012 , 06:11 PM | #14 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi again Metacross,

Thanks for trying those steps for us.

Something further I would like you to try is to make sure that you have the latest available monitor display drivers, you can find these from your monitor manufacturers site.

We'd also like to know who manufacturer of your computer is.

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Metacross's Avatar


Metacross
08.15.2012 , 06:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi again Metacross,

Thanks for trying those steps for us.

Something further I would like you to try is to make sure that you have the latest available monitor display drivers, you can find these from your monitor manufacturers site.

We'd also like to know who manufacturer of your computer is.

Thanks.
Well the manufacturer of the pc is dell and the manu of the monitor is samsung. tried to update the driver but it was updated already. Thanks

LydMekk's Avatar


LydMekk
08.15.2012 , 07:00 PM | #16
This isnt the customers PC BW, i have the same problem as ohters in this thread on two different computers ^^.
Preview in full graphics resolution works fine when you click over on preview on a companion, but not in the main window. The previes there is shown in low-res. This has been like this for around 6 months...

Nothing new and CERTAINLY NOT THE CUSTOMERS PC!!!!!

Fix it.

And yeah all the drivers are new etc.

Metacross's Avatar


Metacross
08.15.2012 , 08:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LydMekk View Post
This isnt the customers PC BW, i have the same problem as ohters in this thread on two different computers ^^.
Preview in full graphics resolution works fine when you click over on preview on a companion, but not in the main window. The previes there is shown in low-res. This has been like this for around 6 months...

Nothing new and CERTAINLY NOT THE CUSTOMERS PC!!!!!

Fix it.

And yeah all the drivers are new etc.
Yeah i assume that this problem isn't my pc fault cause it's a high end machine and my monitor is as well. It would be really nice if devs fix this crappy texture bug. And btw i reinstalled the game twice but still no fix oo and i manipulated like 200 combinations on my nvidia control panel as well but you know . still crappy. jeje

Metacross's Avatar


Metacross
08.17.2012 , 06:05 PM | #18
So.. there's no fix devs? please dont forget my issue.

ElevenBfour's Avatar


ElevenBfour
09.05.2012 , 08:45 PM | #19
I'll go ahead and add myself to this. I need a fix also. We just moved and my Desktop has been in storage for almost two months. I finally got it set up this evening. I load up SWTOR and I got that blurry mess. This happened to me years ago while playing EQ2, and I did the fix where they wanted me to rename a folder, then repatch if you will. It fixed it. I tried it here and it didn't fix it.

bisonsan's Avatar


bisonsan
02.05.2013 , 06:33 PM | #20
Nice to know they still havent respnded with a fix