Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring Back White Crystals

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RazorTrooper
08.14.2012 , 04:07 PM | #121
I disagree there were no white lightsabers in any SW games / Movies so this actually is not a part of the sw ideals... also remove Color-Black Crystals beacause these do not exist either!
There can be no Light without the Shadow of its bearer.

prestonnjohnson
08.14.2012 , 05:04 PM | #122
Look my main point I'm trying to get at is, there are not enough rare awesome items in this game! So it becomes a problem for everyone else that they cannot be unique like some people. Why should some people be more unique than others? Everyone deserves to be unique , they are devoting tons and tons of hours/money just like everyone else. Like I said, THIS IS WHY WE PLAY THE GAME! Doesn't have to be about bringing back the white color crystal, just throw some super rare gear/items every month or extend the crew skills levels maybe so that if you work long/hard enough you'll get that rare sweet gear. That should weed out the average player from the die hard players. Something along those lines.

CorellianWannabe
08.14.2012 , 05:47 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
I am against bringing back white crystals. I don't have one, but would sure as hell want one, but thats purely because its so rare. It cost a ****load of credits, more than I have ever managed to gather even though I have been playing since launch. I think the people who got theirs when it was possible should be allowed to stay special for doing it back then.
So abusing pre-nerf slicing entitles them to an ugly crystal?

So you only want one because it's rare-not because you like color or anything. So if the game had poo-brown crystals that were even harder to get you would want those too?

CorellianWannabe
08.14.2012 , 05:49 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Tugimus View Post
You are just jealous - There are some things that need to be limited time only, otherwise there will never be anything to brag about, because any number of people can just do the same thing.

Pure White Crystal = Founder Title as far as this arguement is concerned.
People actually use the Founder title?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize people played to have fun, not to have something to brag about. Not enough to be proud of on the other side of the screen I guess.

ScrabblePants
08.15.2012 , 06:43 AM | #125
Real life =/= Game life

To say that 'grinding' real money should grant you benefits in a game is just as ridiculous as saying completing Denova HM entitles me to a pay rise in my job.
They are completely different and un-related worlds.

I can complete sonic the hedgehog without losing a single life, so i should have the option to buy full campaign gear in SW:TOR with all those gold rings i collected

Jarlgon
08.15.2012 , 08:35 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by ScrabblePants View Post
Real life =/= Game life

To say that 'grinding' real money should grant you benefits in a game is just as ridiculous as saying completing Denova HM entitles me to a pay rise in my job.

I can complete sonic the hedgehog without losing a single life, so i should have the option to buy full campaign gear in SW:TOR with all those gold rings i collected
you obviously didn't read what this was about. Bring back the White Crystals!!

CorellianWannabe
08.15.2012 , 10:51 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by ScrabblePants View Post
Real life =/= Game life

Does it invalidate people's existence if someone spends an hour's worth of cash on an item they spent days grinding fake cash to get? Or just make them think about how much time they actually spent on that grinding and if it was an efficient use of their time? Why is someone threatened by others having their shiny objects?

Journeyer
08.15.2012 , 12:06 PM | #128
Nuuuuu~
I spent my 2.5 mil and have one. Make them never return!!! XD
Alas, they'll probably come back someday.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

ScrabblePants
08.16.2012 , 11:03 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by CorellianWannabe View Post
Does it invalidate people's existence if someone spends an hour's worth of cash on an item they spent days grinding fake cash to get? Or just make them think about how much time they actually spent on that grinding and if it was an efficient use of their time? Why is someone threatened by others having their shiny objects?
Does it invalidate your existence if someone has an item in a game that you can't get? No it does not. Silly point you made really since nobody is questioning their existence based on someone wanting what they currently can't have.

Tordos
08.29.2012 , 05:27 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Nilthien View Post
Personally I'd like to see them brought back. Not through a vendor or the cash shop, but maybe through legacy. Have it require a high legacy level, maybe 30 or so. Have it cost the same as the crystals did before, maybe a bit more, and stick it under the tab for individual characters rather than server-wide character unlocks.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alexi_son View Post
I could go along with that. Same price as before and a very high legacy level.

But not just as a hand out for a few cartel coins.
I think this is an excellent solution. Using the legacy system to bring them back would be an interesting way to allow current players a chance at acquiring them. The point is to have the crystal back but not in a manner that would seem too unfair to those who got them already. I think items that are 'no longer available' should be limited to the world events only, there is no real need to remove these (and even those korrealis speeders and yes I have one). I would like to see them brought back, maybe as a rare drop and/or for a fair, though reasonably large, cost of credits/comms/coins. There are many ways this could work. I would like to see this happen.