Jedi Knight Robes = Large Butt?!

rabidpiano

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hilarious that perhaps the longest thread on these forums isn't about class balance, spec help, guides, or crafting, but how Robes make Jedi Knights booty-licious. GG Community, GG.

Never cared much for anything else than the story. I wanted KotOR 3, I got this spin-off. I'm making the best of it. Playing through the story with silicone in my butt isn't exactly doing it for me.

Never cared much for anything else than the story. I wanted KotOR 3, I got this spin-off. I'm making the best of it. Playing through the story with silicone in my butt isn't exactly doing it for me.

My main Knight is Fem, and currently in the Slave Girl Outfit (only need the 2 piece set bonus for raids) I don't mind at all. My Guardian, being a Male, will more than likely end up in trooper gear.

Too bad I can't get Zeison Sha or Jal Shey armor, or even Matukai robes...

I find it hilarious that perhaps the longest thread on these forums isn't about class balance, spec help, guides, or crafting, but how Robes make Jedi Knights booty-licious. GG Community, GG.

Why is that hilarious? Appearance is a big deal in an MMO, especially for role-players. If you don't like the way your character looks, you won't play him.

I rolled a female JK and a male JC. So far I've found orange gear for both of them that looks good and avoids big booty syndrome.

Oh my word. The second picture looks like you chopped off Charcoal-robe's arse and stuck it under Ivory-robe's robes.

I an also confirm this arse-related nonsense also occurs with the Formal Attire, I can post pics if anyone wants.

Maybe Bioware should give Jedi some heels and the wire support cage of yore? Add a train to your bustle.

Of course it does appear in Formal Attire - it has a default belt!

Your reason for having a belt around a robe is silly. Right now I can't tell from afar who's who because of people constantly wearing armor of a different class or social ones. Devs might have said that they want classes to be distinguishable from afar but it didn't work even early in the game when people started to use custom chestpieces because they'd keep chest bonus anyway. You can't tell from afar anymore if the fella in the robes in 30-20 meters (with weapon down) infront of you is a vanguard or a Jedi or a commando. It didn't work so it would be nice to see Bioware fixing it and adjusting some things, like more features for character customisation. I'd love to see Shadows/Assassins being able to use single saber (Consulars have wonderful Saber Strike animations) and many double-bladed ligthsaber share animations with single-blade attacks anyway.

And having a betl around the robe is not practical - how can you take off the robe quickly to get set for heavy combat? :D (look at Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan or Obi-Wan vs. Darth Vader on Mustafar - did they have belts around their robes?) No one is paying attention to the belt, it's not a distinguishable feature. It only causes huge butt.

1. Didn't say it works, I just said it was their reason. If everyone wore robes the silluette of the Knight would be distinctly different from the consular.

2. Ever seen anyone take off their robe in SWTOR? No. Didn't think so. Instead of having to make every robe removeable they just made them flop around less. So it's "semi-practical". The consulars are supposed to be a more static class so they don't need belts on the outside. I still agree with having belts removed from Knights, just telling you my theories as to why they are there in the first place.

Pretty much any and every "robe" chestpiece on body types 1 and 2. I can personally point out Jedi Battlelord's Chestplate and the one from the legacy vendor (can't remember the name offhand and I'm at work). I'm sure others will also have specific chestplates to post. :)

Hey everyone, if you are noticing this issue with a particular item, can you post the name of that item for us to investigate? Thanks in advance for your responses!

It's a class of items, such as every single Trooper armor that has a waist-cape. For example, the Rakata Eliminator's Chestpiece (and every other variant on that particular chest model).

Hey everyone, if you are noticing this issue with a particular item, can you post the name of that item for us to investigate? Thanks in advance for your responses!

Do you guys really not know about this? It's been here since the beginning. It looks terrible. Pretty much any robe or anything with a "flap" will give you a massive caboose in out of combat stance for male 1 and 2.

Edited by Mordeguy

:facepalm: :confused::confused::confused::rak_02::rak_02::mad:

Use google - About 6,120 results (!) on swtor.com: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=+site:swtor.com+swtor+bigbutt

Its not only robes!

Do you guys really not know about this? It's been here since the beginning. It looks terrible. Pretty much any robe or anything with a "flap" will give you a massive caboose in out of combat stance for male 1 and 2.

and reps and imps female ALSO!

:double-facepalm:

Edited by Glower

I can only speak for Jedi Guardian robes. My character is body type 2 and it's every robe/ chest armor that I've put on so far.

Guys, it's so great that you finally noticed but if we were two give you specific names of items, it would be every single robe for Jedi Knight and others that share modelse with them. Other items, like the formal social sets, suffer from the problem (and the tier 1 PvP set for Sith Warrior... Every, single piece with a waist cape). :]

If this gets fixed for 1.4 then I will only need to see hood toggle to be happy!

So... what's the story with the hood toggle? Could we get a comment on that in the 5-star thread, too? :>

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Geez guys you complain they aren't doing enough for 6 months and when they ask for help your tell them to go google it, nice work.

Here's with the ones I had

(if it helps my character is a normal sized male Chiss Jedi Guardian)

Has a Giant Butt

Robe of the Insight *also jumps up in the front, it looks like he's got wood, also the only light armor one that did this in my experience

Saber Initiate's Body Armor

Valorous Peacekeepers Chestguard

Ancient Vindicator's Chestguard

Outcast Chestguard

Battle Expulsors Chestguard

Reinforced Mullinine Chestguard

(shouldn't these have apostrophes btw? :p)

Not affected

Battlemind's Vestment *is a light armor robe so it seems like it should be affected but it's not, no belt on this one tho

Reinforced Phrik Chestguard

Blademaster's Clan Varad Body Armor

Gladiator Chestguard

Rampage Assault Chestguard

Deathwarden's Body Armor

Fortified Transparisteel Chestguard

Foeseeker's Body Armor

Reinforced Transparisteel Chestguard

If effects every single medium robe. So Aspiring Knight is one of the only medium armors that is not effected. If it flows, moves and has physics it will give you a big butt. It effects all body types male and female. Body type 3 it is almost not noticable.

Some people claim it has to do with the belt being on the outside of the robe instead of inside.

All I can wear at this point is Aspiring Knight chest piece everything else outside of social gear will give u a big butt.

THANK YOU FOR FINALLY POSTING IN THIS THREAD!!!!!

Edited by Toweleeeie

It's actually hard to test/prove which Robes exactly are affected as the big butts only appear when the Robes are actually worn on body types 1 and 2 for males and a bit less prominently for females (player characters, companions, NPCs, etc.). In the preview window, they look fine, so one has to actually own the pieces to report.

Mostly Robes that cover the butt and have a belt on the outside are affected.

Also, when running, the huge butt disappears and looks normal.

Here we is a list of some of the affected items I had in my bank (I would have more if there was more bank space!) but all items useing the same models have the issue. They have been tested on male body type 2:

Republic Side Models:

Heavy Armor:

• Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard
  • Guardian's Exaltet Body Armor
  • Battle Expulsor's Chest Guard
  • Valorous Peacekeeper's Chestguard
  • Vindicator's Chestguard
  • [Prototype] Inspiration Vest
  • Force Battler Chestguard
  • Ancient Paragon's Body Armor
  • Ancient Vindicator's Chestguard
  • Peacekeeper Elite Chestguard
  • Mindful Guardian Body Armor
  • Jedi Myrmidon's Chestguard
  • Saber Initiate's Body Armor
  • Indignation Chestguard
  • Tionese War Leader's Body Armor
  • Tionese Vindicator's Chestguard
  • Columi War Leader's Body Armor
  • Columi Vindicator's Chestguard
  • Rakata Vindicator's Chestguard
  • Rakate War Leader's Body Armor

Medium Armor:

• [Prototype] Fervent Battle Vest
  • Valorous Sentinel's Vest
  • [Prototype] Inspiration Vest
  • Battleborn Chestguard
  • Agile Judgement Vest
  • Esseles Sentinel's Tunic
  • Tionese Weaponmaster's Vest
  • Columi Weaponmaster's Vest
  • Rakata Weaponmaster's Vest
  • Bladefury's Vest

I'll update this list once I find more.

I hope this list will help you finally fix it...it's been going on long enough with reports of this bug as early as beta testing.

PS.: By the way, can't your Quality Assurance Testing team just hop on their internal server, spawn themselves all possible chest pieces and try them on one-by-one on each body type for each gender? Aren't they paid to test (or maybe you just don't have a proper, full time Quality Assurance testing team or they lack the proper tools, which I would hope you do as it would be highly unprofessional otherwise).

Edited by Glzmo

Thanks for addressing this issue.

Only name I can think of off the top of my head is the Fortified Electrum Chestpiece. It's a robe with a belt, but pretty much every single chestpiece that has this basic model grants the big butt.

"Cape"-style chest pieces don't have an issue.

Chest pieces without flowing physics don't have a problem either. Best example I can think of is the Battlemaster chespieces for Guardians.