Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Content Next Month

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishtim
08.14.2012 , 12:48 PM | #1
Looks like it was announced at gamescom that the new operation and warzone will be dropping next month

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=30275

spacerobot
08.14.2012 , 12:51 PM | #2
Good deal. I'm excited for the warzone.

Mavery
08.14.2012 , 01:01 PM | #3
It's good to see confirmation of this.
Former GM and RL of a once great guild. Now just wandering the galaxy looking for a good home.

Ashania
08.14.2012 , 01:12 PM | #4
It said somewhere that with the new Operation will come a new tier of gear, so the next leg-up after Campaign.

What are the chances that a new tier of PvP gear will be released along with the new Warzone and new PvE tier? With all the uproar over gear discrepancy going on at the moment it wouldn't be wise, but if this is the case i'm going to have to start working on my Sage fast.

If only my Sage used Cunning, i'd transfer it all from my Scoundrel immediately!
50 Sawbones Scoundrel | 50 Medicine Operative
50 Seer Sage | 50 Deception Assassin
50 Bodyguard Mercenary

MasterKayote
08.14.2012 , 01:13 PM | #5
Yeah ... thats what they said about August

Mossesman
08.14.2012 , 01:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKayote View Post
They meant the event i think
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

Mavery
08.14.2012 , 01:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKayote View Post
Strictly speaking a world event counts as a "content release."

Another thing to keep in mind: BioWare has been quite adamant in "we're working on NiM Denova" and "NiM Denova is coming." I seriously doubt we'll see a coincide release of TFB and NiM Denova. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not saying the NIM Denova patch will be out in August, but it would not surprise me if it did.
Former GM and RL of a once great guild. Now just wandering the galaxy looking for a good home.

TheGreatFrosty
08.14.2012 , 01:47 PM | #8
Seriously - how can people skimp on the details, and report such miserably inaccurate information?

Can we get a Dev response to confirm if this is true or not?

In the presentation what was actually said was : New raid next month. New WZ and Space mission "SOON THERE AFTER", i.e. not next month, or at least, certainly not at the same time.

Andryah
08.14.2012 , 01:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatFrosty View Post
New WZ and Space mission "SOON THERE AFTER", i.e. not next month, or at least, certainly not at the same time.
You are trying real hard to turn this into a negative. Why?

In actuality, this shows they plan a stream of content releases. Which is consistent with their most recent commnications to the community about more regular content releases moving forward.

Some people will never be happy with a new launch of an MMO unless it includes +7 years of content releases at launch.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

AllisonBerryman
08.14.2012 , 02:02 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!