Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 3 GTN annoyances

Raora
08.13.2012 , 09:05 PM | #1
1. As a resource seller, someone pricing stacks 1 credit per unit lower than mine. If you are going to undercut me, undercut me!

2. People who place stacks on the GTN in stacks of 1, even worse people who put stacks of 1 that are undercutting me by 1 credit per unit. Just takes up space on the GTN and it's far more profitable in stacks of 20 or so. Putting 50 stacks of 1 with an average sale of 750 is 37,500 credits over 1-2 days. Just go out and run dallies for an hour and make more that.

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest

Raora

Malles
08.13.2012 , 09:19 PM | #2
1. People who post prices below the given buyout price. If two Terenthium cost 95 creds to gather, you need to sell both of them for 50-75 each to make any profit. Can't believe people are too stupid to understand that...

2. If I want to sell multiple stacks of the same item, I have to post that stack, then manually adjust the price. For each. Effing. Stack.

3. Buy my damn Silica already.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Raora
08.13.2012 , 09:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
1. People who post prices below the given buyout price. If two Terenthium cost 95 creds to gather, you need to sell both of them for 50-75 each to make any profit. Can't believe people are too stupid to understand that...

2. If I want to sell multiple stacks of the same item, I have to post that stack, then manually adjust the price. For each. Effing. Stack.

3. Buy my damn Silica already.
I hear ya, I stay far away from that stuff. I learned my lesson

3b. People trying to sell material,wears, etc in general chat. Do they not know of the GTN or something?

Methoss
08.13.2012 , 11:14 PM | #4
people who list items on the market for lower than mats, or lower than selling to vendor.
"Facts, exact numbers, reassurance . . . a Jedi seeks not these things."

- Jedi Master Kyp Durron

Zipacnaa
08.14.2012 , 05:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Methoss View Post
people who list items on the market for lower than mats, or lower than selling to vendor.
Well I'd not think of running ot a vendor to check cost of each item, besides the auto price on the GTN on most items are stupidly low for some items and too high for others.

KallahKrafted
08.14.2012 , 07:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
1. As a resource seller, someone pricing stacks 1 credit per unit lower than mine. If you are going to undercut me, undercut me!
Oddly, I've run into the opposite problem on my server (BC). I'll list a stack of something for 3,000 credits, come back the next morning and see that three other people have listed the same size stack of the same item ... for 3,000 credits. At this point I feel uncomfortable lowering my price, since they were polite enough to not undercut me overnight. In every other MMO the market was like you mentioned: ruthless undercutting by some token amount (one copper piece, etc) until the price slowly lowers a substantial amount, at which point everyone selling loses considerable amounts of money on bulk sales. Is my server just unusually cooperative on the GTN, or is not bottoming out the price of goods a common thing here in SWTOR? Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised!

2. People who place stacks on the GTN in stacks of 1, even worse people who put stacks of 1 that are undercutting me by 1 credit per unit. Just takes up space on the GTN and it's far more profitable in stacks of 20 or so. Putting 50 stacks of 1 with an average sale of 750 is 37,500 credits over 1-2 days. Just go out and run dallies for an hour and make more that.
Oh dear, I'm guess I'm one of those people. Selling smaller stacks of Crew materials make sense in the lower level markets (I'm a shiny new character, so I can't exactly gather top-notch goods). When I first looked at the GTN for some Biotech supplies, I found that I could easily afford a few units of the stuff (about 25c/each), but all the stacks were near 99 units - way out of what a starting player could afford at once. Once I made it past tier 1 supplies I started selling off the extras, in stacks of 1, 5, 10, and 25. My stacks of 10 and 25 have rarely sold, and usually just get re-listed one at a time. I can see how 50 stacks of 1 unit each could be annoying to search through, but there's always going to be a market for people who are "just one short" of whatever they need. Why not scoop up those sales, rather than leaving them high and dry - and missing out on the money?

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!
Probably the same upstanding, flawless citizens who park their stupid stinkin' speeders on top the of mailbox. Grrrr. I couldn't agree with you more on this point!

asbalana
08.14.2012 , 08:24 AM | #7

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest

Raora
1. I don't see that to often actually and if it is a few stacks I don't worry about it since they will clear out quickly. I did have one person undercut me by one credit for about eight stacks. Although I only list about four stacks at a time to give other sellers a chance, I have a ton of mats to sell. So I just came back and undercut the lister by 1 credit and listed fifteen stacks. As they sold, I added new stacks to keep my listings between 10 and 15 stacks at any time. Two days later the undercutter had not sold one stack. Funny thing is, he then came back and again undrcut me by 1 credit on his eight stacks. I repeated and undercut him again. After a week of that he had not made one sale and I finally backed off. He sold his stuff and I have never seen him list again.

2. Considering the time it takes to use the spliter and do a listing, I don't get people who list a bunch of stacks cosisting of one item. I see this all over the place. Since typically no one needs one mat at a time when they buy and stacks of 8 to 10 go at a much lower unit price, it is not clear if they actually sell anything. If they are actually listing at a low unit price, it is also not clear why they do not list the items in stacks of eight or ten and get it over with in one action. I saw a lot of the "stacks of one" thing in WOW but since the auction interface allows for the creation of multiple listings in one pass, it was not surprising like it is here.

3. I haven't seen to many people running around the kiosks in circles.

----------------

My only real annoyance is the poor quality of the GTN interface and having to splitt a stack of 99 items down to 10s or 8s for each listing - no ability to chose listing stack size, stack price, and number of stacks to be listed in one pass as in WOW

Vespassian
08.14.2012 , 08:46 AM | #8
I sell my stuff to vendors. I guess that makes me a Trollool?
We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Jack Nicholson, the Bucket List

asbalana
08.14.2012 , 09:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Vespassian View Post
I sell my stuff to vendors. I guess that makes me a Trollool?
No it makes you poor and in need of credits most of the time.

Raora
08.14.2012 , 10:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KallahKrafted View Post
Oddly, I've run into the opposite problem on my server (BC). I'll list a stack of something for 3,000 credits, come back the next morning and see that three other people have listed the same size stack of the same item ... for 3,000 credits. At this point I feel uncomfortable lowering my price, since they were polite enough to not undercut me overnight. In every other MMO the market was like you mentioned: ruthless undercutting by some token amount (one copper piece, etc) until the price slowly lowers a substantial amount, at which point everyone selling loses considerable amounts of money on bulk sales. Is my server just unusually cooperative on the GTN, or is not bottoming out the price of goods a common thing here in SWTOR? Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised!

Oh dear, I'm guess I'm one of those people. Selling smaller stacks of Crew materials make sense in the lower level markets (I'm a shiny new character, so I can't exactly gather top-notch goods). When I first looked at the GTN for some Biotech supplies, I found that I could easily afford a few units of the stuff (about 25c/each), but all the stacks were near 99 units - way out of what a starting player could afford at once. Once I made it past tier 1 supplies I started selling off the extras, in stacks of 1, 5, 10, and 25. My stacks of 10 and 25 have rarely sold, and usually just get re-listed one at a time. I can see how 50 stacks of 1 unit each could be annoying to search through, but there's always going to be a market for people who are "just one short" of whatever they need. Why not scoop up those sales, rather than leaving them high and dry - and missing out on the money?

Probably the same upstanding, flawless citizens who park their stupid stinkin' speeders on top the of mailbox. Grrrr. I couldn't agree with you more on this point!
I just think stacks of 1 are just a waste of time. In the time it takes to sell 50 stacks of 1 I can sell 2 stacks of 20 and make more.

I've gotten to the point where I do not have to gather my own material but just buy up all the underpriced mats people put up because they do not know how to research the going rate. Doing this allows me to place stacks of material of 20-32 for an average of 23k times 50 for 12 hours. On average during that 12 hours I sell 30 of those 50 stacks and make around 700k per 12 hour period. Alot more efficient than making 16k putting up stacks of 1.

Unless you like being generous helping others out with small stacks, but it takes the same amount of time putting 50 stacks of 20 or 50 stacks of 1 which is not worth my time.