Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arenas

DarthSabreth
08.13.2012 , 08:59 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Scarymike View Post
So, this has probably been brought up before, but I would really like to see an arena type system within the game. I truly believe it is a chance for people to prove they are the best of the best. I hope to see it in future content. Especially a 1v1 gladiator arena. That would be the best.
I can already see it now... the ones that will do it / survive in there is PT/VG mara/sent ops healer / any of the formentioned. every other class will be sidelined due to utility issues persay.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Scarymike
08.13.2012 , 09:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
I can already see it now... the ones that will do it / survive in there is PT/VG mara/sent ops healer / any of the formentioned. every other class will be sidelined due to utility issues persay.
I dare not say the value of my DPS assault merc. I think everyone underrates their toons and bases everything off of wz's, how many people actually duel anymore. And its not class or spec, but gear and rotation. Enough said.
Scarymike

Kailaurius
08.13.2012 , 10:04 PM | #23
I'm pretty convinced at this point that Biowware has no intentions of ever adding any other type of PvP into this game other than warzones.

Orcron
08.13.2012 , 10:19 PM | #24
First I'd like to say the arena should of done this before rated war zones. As someone's said above the game can't handle large scale battles in its current state.
Second I want to point out that 1v1 is an will always be a dumb idea. NO GAME is balanced around a 1v1. In fact most mmo are balanced around a group. In this case I think TOR is balanced around 4v4 an up.

IMO 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 with 3-4 arena types with the ability to LoS on arena maps would of helped the game far more then the rates by far. Now I don't think you should get better gear. But really cool fluff or armor shells that provide a different look or color.

While I know some of you do not like arenas at all, an could enjoy world pvp more. But when I hear people complain about word pvp, I laugh for a few min. World pvp takes players to want to join in a area to fight. An I always chuckle when those same players say they need forts an objectives to conquer. Correct me if I am wrong. It isn't that a war zone? I mean world pvp is about large scale battles not the an giving low end toons a hard time. Not give me something to fight over. IMO you need something to fight over because people will NOT just go out in a zone to pvp. But give them something to bring them out. World pvp doesn't seem to be as popular as those who claim it is. If it was it would be going on right now with or without an objective. Now I do agree BW did screw illum up but at least you can still go to it an perform open world pvp (or planet).

At least I can say this much IF arenas was put in. More if not a lot more players would have played it, an que times (when severs combined) would have been a lot better then the rated war zones. A proper rating system an bam players would be sucked in. Still cring about op classes, but at least then BW could get really good data on which AC lack to perform well in a 4v4 and which classes shine to much (dmg-cc-survivablity).
My 2c

Edit: using my iPhone which doesn't like some of my term use an puts in different words from time to time
There is no peace, there is anger There is no fear, there is power There is no death, there is immortality There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side

Vaull
08.13.2012 , 10:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
not something i would participate in.

nor would I like to read all the QQ about balancing classes for a 1v1 setup when this is a team based game.
LOL people like this get ran over day by day by the small scale guys. Lawl.

On a side note I think this would be a great idea. I most certainly would participate in.

Brool
08.13.2012 , 10:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaull View Post
LOL people like this get ran over day by day by the small scale guys. Lawl.

On a side note I think this would be a great idea. I most certainly would participate in.
I dont get ran over period. I just dont prefer 1v1 in a team based pvp game... If you take that as me being bad, that's you're fault for making an assumption.

You know what they say about people that make assumptions right?
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

EvilSoft
08.14.2012 , 05:25 AM | #27
I agree, I also would love to see arena matches in Swtor. But I doubt they'll creating such content in the near future.
Ăvilsoft & Evilsoft
PvP-Shadow PvP-Assassin
<< EvilSoftGaming >>
[ Youtube PvP Channel ]

Leiralei
08.14.2012 , 06:01 AM | #28
I'd like to see 4v4 and 8v8 so people can do training matches and gear up without cheating the ranked system.
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.

prodigyqnz
08.14.2012 , 06:09 AM | #29
This is why this game is Fail right now.. People keep trying to make pvp smaller.. and "Elite" . Why on earth would you want to play a 4 vs 4 match.. or a 2 v 2 .. Those are duels.. This is "STAR WARS" wars are not fought between 2 people.. or 4 people. Hell 8 people isnt even enough.. Thats why warzones are fail too... There should be NO LESS than a SQUAD which by military standards is minimum 12 people, On each side. This small scale battling with the same repetative warzones.. is why this game is what is it now.. Everyone begged for Rated warzones.. now no one plays them.. and you people want to make it smaller? You want an arena grab your group of 4 and go hunting in the open world.. instead of carebearing on the fleet.. enough is enough.
If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are.. a different game you should play... --Yoda
Prophecy | Pr÷phet | Profit | Professýonal etc... 20x55's and bored...
(used to be)The Fatman

DCVAN
08.14.2012 , 07:09 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by prodigyqnz View Post
This is why this game is Fail right now.. People keep trying to make pvp smaller.. and "Elite" . Why on earth would you want to play a 4 vs 4 match.. or a 2 v 2 .. Those are duels.. This is "STAR WARS" wars are not fought between 2 people.. or 4 people. Hell 8 people isnt even enough.. Thats why warzones are fail too... There should be NO LESS than a SQUAD which by military standards is minimum 12 people, On each side. This small scale battling with the same repetative warzones.. is why this game is what is it now.. Everyone begged for Rated warzones.. now no one plays them.. and you people want to make it smaller? You want an arena grab your group of 4 and go hunting in the open world.. instead of carebearing on the fleet.. enough is enough.
This game can't handle large scale pvp. So why not try to improve their small scale pvp? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that nobody likes it. I'm actually not a fan of mindlessly aoe'ing large groups of people, but if bioware were to implement a large scale warzone, I wouldn't complain. We need options.

Rated warzones are failing not because they are small scale, but because guilds dont like to wait in hour long queues just to stomp pugs and vice versa. Cross server queues would help and allow the matchmaking system to function better.