Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

Sathid
08.12.2012 , 08:51 AM | #91
Myself and my guildmates reported a guild that was doing very questionable damage and heals,three of my guildmates and i have PvP'd with for months we have seen it all,i have over 15K kills and over a 1000 MVP votes to give yah an idea,plus i have numerous alts that i play so i can base my judgement pretty good when i see skills that are alittle out of whack.

In anycase i was informed by the Customer Service well thanked for reporting these people that were using 3rd party software and this all happened just last week,so if you suspect something and it really feel's out of whack go ahead and report them i say because it is happening,not as much but it is.

CrazyOldMystic
08.12.2012 , 09:10 AM | #92
I posted on this topic already but at the time, I had not been directly effected or seen this ingame. I have seen too many odd events n the warzones of late, that appear to be cheating. Ill try to put some down here. The one time I killed a imp player in the civil war warzone, the second I killed said player. I was removed from the ops group and the warzone. It said that I had removed myself. The fact is I did not. The other I ran into a noob grav round spammer commando. The only problem is he was using abilities from two spec trees, but his grav rounds would have required mostly a gunnery spec. He would not have had enough to get the Incendiary round. Also the fact when we were fighting at the exact moment when he should have been dead. The line of sight in the game went all screwy and I froze and could not move. If that was a random event, I would have wrote it off but it was to precisely timed. No it was not a ingame ability that a commando has. The other incident again against a republic trooper on my commando, he was using a blaster, so he was vanguard. He leaped at me and moved like a Jedi Guardian. No there was no way for him to normally jump that high to get to me. Being that he was a vanguard. Lastly ive noticed on the republic side players being in the warzone but not showing up as pvp active, meaning the green tag around their name. That could be a simple glitch.

As a long time pvper you learn, what you think you see, may not be true. Then again it could be true.

Sock_Bramson
08.12.2012 , 10:16 AM | #93
Crazy:

Your first example sounds like bad luck with lag. (Everyone knows only Operatives can stunlock you out of the game )

As far as the commando goes, it is entirely possible to have both grav round and incendiary round. (it only takes 22 talent points to snag them both) As far as the second lag-spike goes, it sounds like just that: an unlucky lag spike. Maybe you got rooted/cc'd and then lagged. That would be a super-annoying combination, obviously, but probably not a hack.

Finally, PTs who spec deep into the tanking tree get their own leap. It seems like most people don't expect it from them, since most are pyro. (this let's one of my PT tank buddies surprise the hell out of people)

-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

CrazyOldMystic
08.12.2012 , 06:49 PM | #94
Fair enough, your right I dont ever see vanguards leaping, I didnt even know they had that ability. This is also why at the end of my post I said I could be wrong. Seeing and sorting things out in pvp, is not as easy as some would like to think hehehe.

VigDiath
08.12.2012 , 07:11 PM | #95
Saw it playing against Republic side 2 days ago. Knockbacks and stuns were not working, one guy kept planting with NO RESOLVE while I was force choking him. Not just for me either. Other players were complaining about the knockbacks and stuns as well. On Novare coast we were trying to take back East bunker and the level 46 Jedi Sentinel my self and 3 other players focused killed who wound up killing me along the way made his way back to the bunker before I did just to kill me again lol.

I don't know what hacks would enable playing like this but it was annoying! We lost 3-4 games in a row before I threw my hands up and gave up. Novare Coast, Alderaan Civil War and Voidstar,
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Hogild
08.13.2012 , 07:46 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Sathid View Post
In anycase i was informed by the Customer Service well thanked for reporting these people that were using 3rd party software and this all happened just last week,so if you suspect something and it really feel's out of whack go ahead and report them i say because it is happening,not as much but it is.
Oh. Finally something with a bit more flesh then "I cant stun" and when explained im called either an ******e or a cheater.

So can you describe it a little further? DPS and HPS? Classes, and what warzone? Would love some more info about this.

DCVAN
08.13.2012 , 08:03 AM | #97
I was following my tank around in ACW and we kept getting killed surprisingly fast by a couple of players on the enemy team. I didn't think anything of it because I had just hit 50 on my sage and only had about 14k hp. My tank started calling these guys out in spatial chat for being cheaters. He said that they were using energy hacks and that their whole guild cheats. Normally I dont pay any attention to stuff like that, but they weren't denying it. They only replied with things like "U mad." I'm going to pay closer attention next time and take some SS's.

NoaFlux
08.13.2012 , 04:12 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Sathid View Post
Myself and my guildmates reported a guild that was doing very questionable damage and heals,three of my guildmates and i have PvP'd with for months we have seen it all,i have over 15K kills and over a 1000 MVP votes to give yah an idea,plus i have numerous alts that i play so i can base my judgement pretty good when i see skills that are alittle out of whack.

Wow thanks for sharing!!!

Victory!!!

NoaFlux
08.13.2012 , 04:14 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by DCVAN View Post
I was following my tank around in ACW and we kept getting killed surprisingly fast by a couple of players on the enemy team. I didn't think anything of it because I had just hit 50 on my sage and only had about 14k hp. My tank started calling these guys out in spatial chat for being cheaters. He said that they were using energy hacks and that their whole guild cheats. Normally I dont pay any attention to stuff like that, but they weren't denying it. They only replied with things like "U mad." I'm going to pay closer attention next time and take some SS's.
I play with a tank a lot and I had this happen a couple times last week. There is a difference though between them being smart players.....knowing to take the tank and the healer out first....and just plain cheating.

I saw both situations occur on my server, Droogas Pleasure Barge. Last week too.

Daiyukie
08.13.2012 , 06:46 PM | #100
I get accused of cheating fairly often. My guild mates too, on Imp or Pub. It's called L2P; I even had one guy saying I cheat because I had a permanent 15% speed increase and sprinted in combat sometimes and he was convinced this was impossible because "he has an Operative and the only speed increase is on Dodge in healer spec and the 15% only works in stealth". When I told him that was false and named the talents that gave me speed boosts (Sneaky for 15% at all times and Dirty Escape in tier 2 Dirty Fighting for stun cooldown reduction and 30% speed bonus for 4 seconds) he said he didn't believe me and was reporting me anyway.

Most recently it was a Sorc and Merc, separately, saying that I cheat after I killed them a bunch of times, because we all know Sorcs and Mercs are great 1v1 classes right? Like I said, L2P and stop crying hacks, especially if you have no idea what the other class' skills are.
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.