Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

From American servers to European servers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
From American servers to European servers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

08.13.2012 , 03:52 PM | #1
I know the server transfers have been a big thing since they were announced and this was probably answered many times but I'm not sure about the current situation, so: will we be able to transfer characters and legacies from American servers to European (or vice versa) at some point?

I'm from Finland but have always been playing on American (East Coast) servers in all my MMO's simply because the time zone fits my routines better. Now however I've had to change things, and being stuck on an American server is becoming a huge problem. I've been trying to find a raiding guild but none are accepting me since I can't fit their schedules anymore.

For a new player this wouldn't be a big deal, but I've been playing since the beta and have 4 characters and almost a level 25 legacy, so I really wouldn't want to start things from scratch.

Qin'an Ro'ya
The Progenitor

08.13.2012 , 04:06 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello conscioushours,

At this time we do not have much more information regarding the upcoming character transfer program.

Here is AllisonBerryman's latest statement about that:
We have not yet announced any further details about the Character Transfers. We know everyone is interested in more details, though, and are working to bring more information!
You can follow the whole thread here.

Don't forget to check the Devtracker on a regular basis. This is where all the juicy information will come from regarding character transfers.

Thank you for your interest in Star Wars: The Old Republic. We hope to bring you some good news very soon!
Laevena | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support