Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing a Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xxCJ
08.12.2012 , 09:04 AM | #1091
Quote: Originally Posted by _Urian_ View Post
False, The correct way for bring the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ experience to as many potential players as possible is translating the game to more languajes like the languajes you put inte collector edition box ¬¬, not only english, french and german because not all the people speak and read english, french or german.

If you really want more playes, translate the game or at least put it with subtitles in other languajes.

Thanks.

Bye.
I completely agree!
"Every time you use a napkin while wearing a shirt, you waist a napkin you could have, and would have, used while not wearing a shirt."
- Me

Yaesive
08.12.2012 , 09:45 AM | #1092
Not sure if this has already been posted, but it is an interesting article about F2P and the MMO community...

Is the MMO Dying - Yahoo
Yaesive | Jo'lin | Fojea
Jedi Sage | Jedi Guardian | Smuggler
Jedi Covenant - Outer-Rim Recon Battalion Formerly Canderous Ordo
"Do or Do Not. There is no Try" - Yoda

DrumDeity
08.12.2012 , 01:45 PM | #1093
Now we can't do Ops without subscribing? Oh well... Hopefully the fact that all my friends will play now will counteract this...
Hillkiller Legacy- The Bastion (US)
Elran- Level 55 Jedi Guardian--- Snippersniper- Level 55 Sniper--- Look'alike- Level 55 Commando--- Huntardinspace- Level 22 Mercenary--- Iknowthatheal- Level 15 Sith Sorcerer

mariioow
08.12.2012 , 10:42 PM | #1094
Please somebody tell me this is a joke... I was away for just 2 months and now the game is going F2P WHY?

RobNightfall
08.12.2012 , 10:51 PM | #1095
Quote: Originally Posted by mariioow View Post
Please somebody tell me this is a joke... I was away for just 2 months and now the game is going F2P WHY?
For the same reason any other subscription MMO goes F2P: it failed.
Edited because the devs appear to have fixed at least 80% of the crap that was pissing me off.

ctfred
08.12.2012 , 11:08 PM | #1096
Subscribing swtor players should be able to queue gathering and mission missions if that makes sense to you. Should be able to queue up to 5 missions like for the crafting skills and per characher. Now for f2p'ers they should only queue up to two per companion or just one. Makes it a bit worth it IMO, now what do YOU guys think?

LordEvloch
08.12.2012 , 11:29 PM | #1097
Unreal. I for one will continue to pay just for the fact im not no walfare, want everything handed to me, piece of garbage. thats the problem with people. want everything just handed to them "ill only play if it goes f2p" we dont want those people back they will contribute nothing to the fianancial structure of the game. they wont p2p then they wont craft. its work and not just handed to them. i think this is dumb. all i know is the pay players better get top priority when q'ing or anything and there should be area restrictions. LOTRO used to do that last i played. could only go to certain areas and get certain unless u bought the expansion. do it right bioware
Live free. Die well

Lord Evloch

melissara
08.13.2012 , 04:15 AM | #1098
THIS is what Bioware should have done, just like square enix is doin to FF14

It’s been a rocky road for Final Fantasy XIV. The game arrived as Square Enix’s brave new attempt to crack the MMO market. But it failed.

One critic wrote “the kindest thing that can be said about the FF MMO is that it has a good intro movie”.

Square Enix president and CEO Yoichi Wada even apologised to fans. The publisher extended the free trial period, reshuffled the development team, and issued several game updates. But finally, two years later, Square Enix made the tough decision to simply start all over again.

“It wasn’t simply a case of identifying shortcomings in the original game since launch, but acquiring a better understanding of the elements needed to produce the best possible game for FF and MMO fans alike,” FFXIV’s new producer and director Naoki Yoshida?told MCV.

“My initial instinct was that FFXIV should be rebuilt from the ground up."

The problem isnt the subscription, and going F2P is EA/Bioware's way of cowering after laying off half their team, unfortunately the problem is the fact that CONTENT never came, and still continues not to come, literally almost nothing has changed content or otherwise, in almost a year. Had they done monthly updates as promised and fixed bugs that STILL persist to this day from release,(example: GCD initiating after pressing an ability, but no ability ever went off, or the animation begins to play but no dmg done((ravage)). The fact is EA has alrdy stated they consider this "a miss", meaning it failed and they dont care/have the balls to do what needs to be done to fix this game, and admit their arrogance towards the community and customers' feedback, when this game was released thats what brought them to this point to begin with......

Dribblez
08.13.2012 , 09:20 AM | #1099
If bioware had of listened to 90% of the of the player base instead of ignoring us they would not have lost so many subs ive come back to look around but too little too late in my books. Some good improvements but instead of trying to repair the damage done to the customer base maybe just get some better customer service in place at launch..... would of saved a lot of dramas. Maybe something to look at for next expansion launch nothing worse then feeling like your being ignored for a service your paying for.
"Weed will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no weed"

Mallikyte
08.13.2012 , 03:14 PM | #1100
Quote: Originally Posted by clonesoldier View Post
Thank you.. Thanks a lot.

F2P will only ruin the game and i for one do not intend to stay on board a ship that's destined to sink.
Swtor was a very fun game to play and you guys just ruined that.

Farewell Bioware this is the last time i'll ever buy a game from your company again.
How will this ruin the game? its not going to affect players who pay, they get priorty over f2p. True you can play to lvl 50 (i think thats too much free) but you still can't access all of the content. If anything this may entice the f2p to sub to get the full content. it does stink that it had to come to this so soon but it seems EA is doing what they can to keep it going.