Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

General Question - Main Assets

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthEnrique
08.13.2012 , 01:08 PM | #1
God it's been awhile since I been on here. Been a member since 2008 and finally have the game and am back on here to ask dumb questions. LOL!

Okay so here is my question. What is the Main Assets and how long does it take to download, install, etc.?
Quote:
Fear is the path to the dark side, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
Who doesn't like free stuff? Enter NYCantina16 and CelebrationCantina16 here to get two free mounts.

Beesodd
08.13.2012 , 01:23 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello DarthEnrique,

Main Assets files are well, the main assets files for the game. They contain things like world geometry, game systems, textures and so on. The time it takes to download depends on your download speed and how much you need to download.

If you have the game already installed, it's likely that you just need to download the latest asset files that you are missing. However, if you do not have any of the asset files already, you will need to download pretty much the whole game.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Roalmo
08.13.2012 , 02:36 PM | #3
For some peeps it takes overnight to download all the updates/reinstall, if you are starting from scratch.

As long as there is some progress, no matter how minimal, you are in good shape.

Unfortunately, if there is no progress you may have the long standing bug of launcheritis, no fix has really resolved this.