Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arenas

Brool
08.13.2012 , 12:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by vwsupra View Post
well............if Brool wont participate in it, then there is no point in making it.
I didnt say that, I just posted my opinion... Which last time I checked, was my right.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

vwsupra
08.13.2012 , 12:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
I didnt say that, I just posted my opinion... Which last time I checked, was my right.
Let me just quote the late great Sgt. Hill..............You have the right to remain silent. a
(something funny)

Brool
08.13.2012 , 12:56 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by vwsupra View Post
Let me just quote the late great Sgt. Hill..............You have the right to remain silent. a
As do you. Seeing how Im not in the service, the quote doesnt apply to me.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

AdamLKvist
08.13.2012 , 01:00 PM | #14
Dear god, please give me arenas.
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

DCVAN
08.13.2012 , 01:46 PM | #15
I don't think we are going to see 40v40 with this engine. AV was cool back in the day, but in the last couple of expacs, a lot of people hated AV. One side turtles and it becomes a big aoe fest at a choke point. Dont even get me started with IoC. There are a lot of people that enjoy competitive small scale pvp. I understand that it becomes a balancing nightmare for bioware, but it might be a necessary evil. I don't know how long people will stick around just to queue warzones.

Scarymike
08.13.2012 , 07:22 PM | #16
Maybe an arena that involved your companions. All I know is I despise hut ball and most people play just to farm comms. I want a challenge, not a disorganized mess. I don't want to have to rely on the guy next to me, who depending on his/her mood, and diet, will either be a team player or not.
Scarymike

Drunkshade
08.13.2012 , 07:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Scarymike View Post
So, this has probably been brought up before, but I would really like to see an arena type system within the game. I truly believe it is a chance for people to prove they are the best of the best. I hope to see it in future content. Especially a 1v1 gladiator arena. That would be the best.
Roll a new character on The Fatman server and join our 1v1 Duel Tournament September 9th. There is a prize for a newly rolled character that advances the furthest. Read the rules and sign-up at www.chosen-elite.com/duel

Gomla
08.13.2012 , 07:59 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DCVAN View Post
I don't think we are going to see 40v40 with this engine.
Of course we can see a 40 V 40 warzone.

The only problem is seeing it is all we could do as we would all freeze and not be able to do anything.

Could you imagine 80 abilities going off at once .... you'll be able to hear the servers cry for a quick death.

It's a shame really. Some people like small scale arena but i'm more of a fan of large scale fights. More going on, the stress, the hectic battles, the getting pounced on by 12 stealthers when the rest of your team zergers and you were tying your shoe lace.

I started with PvP in DAoC and loved the big battles in the lakes. I thought Illum would scartch that itch for me but sadly it wasn't to be.

The truly sad part is the game and the PvP crowd have the makings of some great big fights but we'd kill a server or two trying it.

MidichIorian
08.13.2012 , 08:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
not something i would participate in.

nor would I like to read all the QQ about balancing classes for a 1v1 setup when this is a team based game.
So you are saying that they shouldnt strive for balance? How about when class X comes across class Y in OW? Should it be a given that class X always wins? Or wait, we're going to pretend that OW PvP doesnt exist at all just because BW seemingly did everything they could to keep the two factions apart? Weird because I've, even on a PvE server, managed to get my fair share of ow-pvp in foremost the daily areas on Belsavis.

On another note, I thought the pits in Huttball subbed as some form of Arena. People sure spend a lot of time down there atleast....for no apparent reason.

DarthSabreth
08.13.2012 , 08:56 PM | #20
that game isnot ballanced for this, and heck look at all the pve that blizz nerfed based on their Esport.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .