Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MasterJacer
08.13.2012 , 07:50 AM | #1
I have had launcher issues very frequently. I can solv this by deleting the patch folder, the launcher.exe, and the the patcher.version file. And then go to swtor.com/download and re-install the launcher. This gets annoying to do every dAy. Can you please Fix this problem?
Yttrunchach: Sniper - The Ebon Hawk - <Nemesis>

Cerimon
08.13.2012 , 08:05 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings MasterJacer,

Pleas run the Windows hard drive scanning utility called Chkdsk to find and correct any issues with your hard drive. It can be found by right clicking on the drive in Windows Explorer and then the tools menu.

After that, please ensure your anti-virus or firewall software is not interfering with your game installation. This could explain why your are having to install the game before each play session.

Let us know how you fare.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

MasterJacer
08.13.2012 , 08:39 AM | #3
It's only the launcher I'm having to re-install, and it has happened every day for the Last 5 or so days, but I can't say it's consistent. Once I get home I'll run the Chdsk and other things you said.

MasterJacer
08.13.2012 , 08:43 AM | #4
Also I've seen many issues including:

The launcher configuration does not exist

The pacher service is unavailable

Or just not launching.

As i mentioned above, it's fixed by what BW plates online, but this is a long process involving deleting folders and installing the launcher again. This info may help. Thanks.

soapyuk
08.13.2012 , 09:01 AM | #5
I am having something the same the launcher comes up and say's its up dating,then tells me "Only a single instance of this application can run" x2 when it is the only program on-screen and taskmanger say's it's not even running ??????p.s. did fix/launch/delte patch file re-boot/everything and it's been over 2 weeks since i last was online,help ????

Cerimon
08.13.2012 , 09:10 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

@ MasterJacer: Let me know how you get on.

@ soapyuk: Please download the installer from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing installation.

Feel free to post again if your issue persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

MasterJacer
08.13.2012 , 09:28 AM | #7
@cerimon i should get on fine today because I left the game on the log-in screen,, but if you want I can try to restart it to see how it comes up.

Cerimon
08.13.2012 , 09:35 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings MasterJacer,

Go ahead and perform the previously posted troubleshooting steps. As before, it is possible your AV or firewall software is quarantining the affected files. You may just need to remove and re-add the swtor.exe and Launcher.exe to their exceptions so those files will be left alone in future. Do also run the Chkdsk utility.

MasterJacer
08.13.2012 , 01:32 PM | #9
I launched chkdsk and it close a half-second after it opened. IDk if it's supposed to do that. I checked my firewall, and it's not blocking SWTOR except on Public internet which i'm not on. As i said, i can play the game if i do BW provided fix tips, but it gets annyoing to reapeat. Thanks.