Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arenas

Scarymike
08.13.2012 , 10:20 AM | #1
So, this has probably been brought up before, but I would really like to see an arena type system within the game. I truly believe it is a chance for people to prove they are the best of the best. I hope to see it in future content. Especially a 1v1 gladiator arena. That would be the best.
Scarymike

DCVAN
08.13.2012 , 11:42 AM | #2
Honestly, Bioware needs to think about this. Their engine obviously can't handle large scale pvp, and they are going to lose those subscriptions to GW2. So why not focus on improving their small scale pvp. There are still plenty of people who like arena style pvp. Just make it so you don't have to do arenas to get the best gear. If you only want to do rated warzones, that's cool. Some people like to do both. I like having options.

Brool
08.13.2012 , 11:53 AM | #3
not something i would participate in.

nor would I like to read all the QQ about balancing classes for a 1v1 setup when this is a team based game.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

DCVAN
08.13.2012 , 12:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
nor would I like to read all the QQ about balancing classes for a 1v1 setup when this is a team based game.
I agree with this. I know the OP mentioned 1v1 arenas but that not what i was referring to. Bioware just needs to do something. I really enjoy this game, but it can't handle massive pvp and warzones are starting to get old.

vwsupra
08.13.2012 , 12:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
not something i would participate in.

well............if Brool wont participate in it, then there is no point in making it.
(something funny)

UGLYMRJ
08.13.2012 , 12:18 PM | #6
I would enjoy it but I would not enjoy all the QQ that would follow... people already want to face tank with ranged DPS class and scream imbalance. People forget the role of support classes, we would have healers mad that they can't do well in 1v1 arenas.

I think if they implemented a 2v2 through 4v4 arena that would be cool. It would eliminate some of the QQ from support classes who try and face tank since they could be teamed up with a class that they could potentially excel with.

All around... I like the arena idea but not for a 1v1. It would be nice to have a dueling area but in no way should it be rewarded in any way. Just somewhere for people to duel on fleet. Honestly I don't even think any arena modes should be awarded if they're ever brought in. Just for entertainment value and practice only.

vwsupra
08.13.2012 , 12:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I would enjoy it but I would not enjoy all the QQ that would follow... people already want to face tank with ranged DPS class and scream imbalance. People forget the role of support classes, we would have healers mad that they can't do well in 1v1 arenas.

I think if they implemented a 2v2 through 4v4 arena that would be cool. It would eliminate some of the QQ from support classes who try and face tank since they could be teamed up with a class that they could potentially excel with.

All around... I like the arena idea but not for a 1v1. It would be nice to have a dueling area but in no way should it be rewarded in any way. Just somewhere for people to duel on fleet. Honestly I don't even think any arena modes should be awarded if they're ever brought in. Just for entertainment value and practice only.
I would be for 1v1 2v2 or 4v4 arena.................as long as Marauder's are not allowed to que.
(something funny)

UGLYMRJ
08.13.2012 , 12:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by vwsupra View Post
I would be for 1v1 2v2 or 4v4 arena.................as long as Marauder's are not allowed to que.
No problem...

*Logs onto Powertech*

Hi!

vwsupra
08.13.2012 , 12:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
No problem...

*Logs onto Powertech*

Hi!
Powertech's arnt allowed eather, only Vanguard.............You know what, no good player's are allowed to que bc this would hender my win to lose ratio.
(something funny)

Sungas
08.13.2012 , 12:39 PM | #10
Reason I left WOW.

Arena centric PVP. Nothing screams FOTM louder.

Playing in a small box gets very old. They are nothing more than glorified duels. The coding must be incredibly simple so i'm sure developers would look at them as a quick add on. The question is....what do you want them to spend their limited time and budget on? If they give me cheap PVP and make it their centerpiece, I'm moving on.

If they made about 5 larger variants of Alterac Valley instead, I would have stayed.

I will never participate in arenas or stick with a game that makes them their centerpiece.

I'm not the only one that feels this way. You can thank WOW for that.