Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

haliy's Avatar


haliy
08.09.2012 , 04:52 AM | #11
Its a HM FP, not an operation. No in no way shape or form should it have better loot. It already gives you the Rakata Chest which really only should be available threw operations imho.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
08.09.2012 , 05:48 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JMCH View Post
I'll pass on the "super easy FP, really" from guys obviously doing it with largely overgeared characters. I've done it with my heal merc (almost full WH with highest primary stat BM implants + half augmented pieces + reflex stim), and with more than decent stats I had a really hard time keeping a 24k hp PT tank, a 24k hp sniper and a 18k hp sorc alive, so all of us had better than required gear if a Columi/Rakata combo isn't.
A 24k sniper you say?

Tell him to put down the whacky baccy and step away from the high endurance mods.

A dps maxed out on high dps stat/low end modifications should barely have more than 20k in bh/camp gear.

Nolenthar's Avatar


Nolenthar
08.09.2012 , 05:50 AM | #13
It's nowadays possible to 2-man that one.

Yeah, I'm gonna go say it : L2P
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening

JMCH's Avatar


JMCH
08.09.2012 , 06:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
A 24k sniper you say?

Tell him to put down the whacky baccy and step away from the high endurance mods.

A dps maxed out on high dps stat/low end modifications should barely have more than 20k in bh/camp gear.
Trust me, he's not full of high endurance stuff and he regularly does HM ops. It was a surprise for me too, but after seeing a lvl 49 sniper with 18500hp while wearing maxed primary stat stuff (and the wrong augments) I think it's not gimped at all. (edit : and btw, I now have a little more than 20k hp mostly in augmented WH with 4 secondary augmented BH pieces, Campaign will increase this at a rate of 150hp a moddable piece at least, discounting mods/enhancements only available in a certain high endurance balance - A has higher endurance than blank -, if not simply more efficient)

What is, though, is the merc's "passive heal" ability, compared to the other healers, which means we have to rely on single target cast heal (16-25% of our resource, the latter being reduced after the former has been used, but the former is on a 6s cd) alot.

Lutese's Avatar


Lutese
08.09.2012 , 06:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JMCH View Post
Trust me, he's not full of high endurance stuff and he regularly does HM ops. It was a surprise for me too, but after seeing a lvl 49 sniper with 18500hp while wearing maxed primary stat stuff (and the wrong augments) I think it's not gimped at all. (edit : and btw, I now have a little more than 20k hp mostly in augmented WH with 4 secondary augmented BH pieces, Campaign will increase this at a rate of 150hp a moddable piece at least, discounting mods/enhancements only available in a certain high endurance balance - A has higher endurance than blank -, if not simply more efficient)

What is, though, is the merc's "passive heal" ability, compared to the other healers, which means we have to rely on single target cast heal (16-25% of our resource, the latter being reduced after the former has been used, but the former is on a 6s cd) alot.
A 24k Sniper has done a terrible job of min/maxing and is geared incorrectly for their role. (DPS) They are losing out on a TON of DPS by stacking so much endurance.

I parsed an operation healing with a Sorc. healer with 24K health, my Sorc having closer to 20k and min/maxed to the moon, and I out healed them by a solid 20% over the course of the run.

With very few exceptions, Campaign gear is NOT an upgrade to BH gear. If you pick-choose the mods/enhan from each BH piece and use only what is BiS, you will have much better stats vs. vanilla Campaign gear.
(i.e. the sorc DPS in my guild all bought 6-7 of the BH Striker Boots and used those mods/enhancements in their gear to achieve "proper" BiS min/maxed stats)

Campaign gear is itemized poorly, just like Rakata was before it. It has the same basic number of stats as BH gear, but focuses on Endurance over tertiary stats which for most (all) classes are the more important of the two.
(even for tanks. stacking raw health vs. defensive stats is a poor choice)




RE: Merc healers and LI... My guild has a Merc healer that got so bored with healing in LI that he has started taking almost all his gear off to heal it. He has @ 9.5k Health during the run and does not have a problem what so ever healing the run. I am fairly sure he has healed Lost Island using mostly the auto attack heal that Merc healers have.

Our best time currently is 22min.

Once you have a tank that can interrupt every Incinerate and not get a single tick, and DPS that are PROPERLY min/maxed in gear and push out some seriously solid numbers, Lost Island is trivial.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
08.09.2012 , 10:08 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JMCH View Post
...

I'll pass on the "super easy FP, really" from guys obviously doing it with largely overgeared characters.

...
Lost Island is in no way super easy. But it can be completed. And (unlike ops) it has no lockout. So if you are capable of completing it, and it dropped lots of Rakata you could run it over and over and over again and twink out your character.

If Lost Island were changed to drop lots of Rakata, it would need to be on a one-week lockout.

Quote: Originally Posted by JMCH View Post
Trust me, he's not full of high endurance stuff and he regularly does HM ops.

...
I'm sure this is incorrect.

For comparison, I have a Commando dps in 90% black hole / campaign and close to best in slot with well-optimized armoring, mods and enhancements. I've got a 35% crit, 75% surge and 989-1265 mainhand damage on my stat sheet. My last parse on an ops dummy was 1707.

That said, I have about 20k health. I could easily re-mod to 24k health, but then my dps would drop off dramatically.

My guess is the sniper is using Patron armoring instead of Skill armoring and has a lot of lettered mods. Re-optimizing their gear could probably net around 200 dps more than they're currently getting.

Ogien's Avatar


Ogien
08.09.2012 , 10:53 AM | #17
I agree, Lost Island HM is hard enough that you need Columi/Rakata gear to complete it, just to receive some crappy gear you already have as a reward. There are much easier (and more fun) ways to earn BH commendations so thats not enough either. I would suggest dropping in some Rakata pieces in the harder bosses or a random Rakata piece at the end.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
08.09.2012 , 11:42 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ogien View Post
I agree, Lost Island HM is hard enough that you need Columi/Rakata gear to complete it, just to receive some crappy gear you already have as a reward. There are much easier (and more fun) ways to earn BH commendations so thats not enough either. I would suggest dropping in some Rakata pieces in the harder bosses or a random Rakata piece at the end.
I'm sure this won't convince you, but having finished LI on my main several times, I've since leveled a new toon to 50, and brought it in to Lost Island with my guildmates. We averaged about 1/2 Columi for each player and one person had Rakata Ear / Implants.

We finished the flashpoint just fine, because we knew the fights. And about half of the gear that was dropped was a direct upgrade for party members and we were happy to get it.

Now, early on I have failed this flashpoint several times in a row with a group of super-geared players because we were clumsy and didn't know what to do. In RPGs (not just MMOs) if you're having troubles with content you can always over-level or over-gear yourself. I've done that many times myself.

BUT, this flashpoint is an example whereby you can, by skill and tactics, beat the content without being over-geared.

TheNegotiator's Avatar


TheNegotiator
08.12.2012 , 04:18 PM | #19
Bioware did a poor just with loot itemization and variety Lost Island is just another example.

TheNegotiator's Avatar


TheNegotiator
08.12.2012 , 04:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Nolenthar View Post
It's nowadays possible to 2-man that one.

Yeah, I'm gonna go say it : L2P
Dreaming. Comps ain't gonna survive the droid's area damage and have zero chance against Savrak.