Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

snipers need serious help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
snipers need serious help

Siorac
08.12.2012 , 09:17 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Snipers are fine. Whoever suggested lethality... OP is obviously a newbie. Newbies are better off sticking with marksman. Lethality is more complicated than marksman... its just lack of the *** SUPER BURST power that every newbie is looking for.

Even if he learned to play lethality and can now move around and pew pew people he will complain how come he cant move around and use explosive probe + ambush + snipe spam.
Lethality/Dirty Fighting isn't inherently more complicated than Marksman/Sharpshooter imho. Well, I only ever played Dirty Fighting on my Gunslinger and I really don't find it very complex. Vital Shot, Hemorrhaging Blast, Shrap Bomb, Wounding Shots - everything else is basically filler, you just need to pay attention to your energy levels and use Aimed Shot, Sabotage Charge etc accordingly. Sharpshooter's energy management is even harder though, isn't it? I'm not sure about that.

warultima
08.12.2012 , 09:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
Lethality/Dirty Fighting isn't inherently more complicated than Marksman/Sharpshooter imho. Well, I only ever played Dirty Fighting on my Gunslinger and I really don't find it very complex. Vital Shot, Hemorrhaging Blast, Shrap Bomb, Wounding Shots - everything else is basically filler, you just need to pay attention to your energy levels and use Aimed Shot, Sabotage Charge etc accordingly. Sharpshooter's energy management is even harder though, isn't it? I'm not sure about that.
Energy regen is not that big of a problem since staying in cover gives you +1 per second at all time. Keep followthrough (trick shot) pretty much on CD and alternating in 1 auto attack per snipe/charged burst rotation you can go on forever. Most new guys are easily panicked into spamming sniper/charge burst and kills energy.

Another reason I think marksman is easier is because ballistic damper its beastly defensive everytime you go in cover. Its a 30% damage reduction to ALL damage for 3 charges once every 6 seconds. It's definitely more newbie friendly imo.

Most newbie sniper wont know what to do when they get force charged. And lethality is very susceptible to force charge and rely more on player skill in maneuvering their toon. Also lethality has a lot of dots, not many newbie would trade in their 5k ambush/aimed for dots.

IMO lethality is definitely more advanced sniper spec. If you ever do 10-49 PvP you will see about 90% of the sniper/slingers are marksman/sharpshooter.

TheronFett
08.12.2012 , 10:04 AM | #13
I agree, Snipers need serious help.

Being able to spam the same uninterruptable abilities at range in conjunction with a knockback+root that doesn't affect resolve is way underpowered. Those abilities should be able to go through walls and have their range increased to 50m.

Azareal
08.12.2012 , 11:08 AM | #14
Snipers are fine, nerf Sentinels and Pyros specs. kthx

Luciferhawke
08.12.2012 , 11:54 AM | #15
Things snipers need.
Fix bugs that dont let me get in cover. Love trying to get in cover and just keep rolling in place over and over until a jugg leaps on me.

Fix bugs/lag that cause the game to attack from my standing toolbar even though my cover toolbar is already showing. I have R bound to quckshot when standing and ambush when in cover. I go in cover..shows ambush..screen is up..but i still fire off a quickshot instead.

Luciferhawke
08.12.2012 , 12:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
I agree, Snipers need serious help.

Being able to spam the same uninterruptable abilities at range in conjunction with a knockback+root that doesn't affect resolve is way underpowered. Those abilities should be able to go through walls and have their range increased to 50m.

and after all that spam the target lost 25% of health bar that they self heal even though they arent even a healing class. Love this game

TheRealCandyMan
08.12.2012 , 12:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Labradoraki View Post
I mean, seriously... Snipers are really weak currently compared to other classes, I ve been playing my sniper for 2 years now so i am very expirienced, it realyl needs to be boosted and heres why

We cant kill anyone with half a braincell because they take advantage of objects, they can interrupt our skills simply by hiding behind something while leaving dots on us or they can just escape if they were far enough and we cant really move throught he entire enemy line to get him...

Cover has the huge disadvantage of not letting us move, so anyone can just try to run away from oru range and its over, if we move we lose our cover advantages and die relaly easy, and nto to say we lose our entrench abillity..

I propose that all sniper skills should go through objects but just do 66% of their total damage
L2P. My sniper is just fine.

PowerReaper
08.12.2012 , 12:11 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Labradoraki View Post
I mean, seriously... Snipers are really weak currently compared to other classes, I ve been playing my sniper for 2 years now so i am very expirienced, it realyl needs to be boosted and heres why

We cant kill anyone with half a braincell because they take advantage of objects, they can interrupt our skills simply by hiding behind something while leaving dots on us or they can just escape if they were far enough and we cant really move throught he entire enemy line to get him...

Cover has the huge disadvantage of not letting us move, so anyone can just try to run away from oru range and its over, if we move we lose our cover advantages and die relaly easy, and nto to say we lose our entrench abillity..

I propose that all sniper skills should go through objects but just do 66% of their total damage
BEST.THREAD.EVER
These threads get more hilarious every time, roflcopter. 2 years really? i am laughing so hard.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

Khanic
08.12.2012 , 12:30 PM | #19
Sure I'll give you a buff to sniper if my op can bypass the keyboard locking stage and go straight to the unsub/computer phase plox.

-Fal-
08.12.2012 , 12:34 PM | #20
This is a joke?
It's just an object, doesn't mean what you think.