Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

snipers need serious help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
snipers need serious help

Labradoraki
08.12.2012 , 08:03 AM | #1
I mean, seriously... Snipers are really weak currently compared to other classes, I ve been playing my sniper for 2 years now so i am very expirienced, it realyl needs to be boosted and heres why

We cant kill anyone with half a braincell because they take advantage of objects, they can interrupt our skills simply by hiding behind something while leaving dots on us or they can just escape if they were far enough and we cant really move throught he entire enemy line to get him...

Cover has the huge disadvantage of not letting us move, so anyone can just try to run away from oru range and its over, if we move we lose our cover advantages and die relaly easy, and nto to say we lose our entrench abillity..

I propose that all sniper skills should go through objects but just do 66% of their total damage

uncle_monty
08.12.2012 , 08:08 AM | #2
Two years, really. Game launched in December 2011?
"You now understand why an exotic weapon or unfamiliar style will be more difficult to defend against, but until you become an expert in a particular style, in the heat of combat your mind will still struggle to grasp it's limitations."
Dark Lord Kas'im - Darth Bane 1 Path of Destruction

Twor
08.12.2012 , 08:13 AM | #3
Your troll threads are not getting more funny.
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
BW motto- If it ain't broke, break it. If it is broke, take it away.

NoTomorrow
08.12.2012 , 08:23 AM | #4
We dont need anything. Bountyhunters could use an improved anti-stealth tools in this game as this in turn could make our life easier.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Jayshames
08.12.2012 , 08:24 AM | #5
Go lethality, let's you move.

Helistin
08.12.2012 , 08:31 AM | #6
Snipers are in a good place overall, not over the top or underpowered.
Immortal Juggernaut Med Operative Rage Marauder Marksman Sniper

Spacemanbobr
08.12.2012 , 08:52 AM | #7
Snipers seem fine, as long as you play it right, you'll probably be putting out the most damage in any match. Commandos and Mercs are the only class that probably needs something right now, and its not damage or survivability either, they just need more utility that they could bring to a group (like giving out group buffs, more CC or an interrupt).

Vespassian
08.12.2012 , 08:56 AM | #8
Troll thread. I completely destroy any class that steps near me in a Warzone. Pew Pew, rooting them then a another pew pew.
We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Jack Nicholson, the Bucket List

warultima
08.12.2012 , 08:56 AM | #9
Snipers are fine. Whoever suggested lethality... OP is obviously a newbie. Newbies are better off sticking with marksman. Lethality is more complicated than marksman... its just lack of the *** SUPER BURST power that every newbie is looking for.

Even if he learned to play lethality and can now move around and pew pew people he will complain how come he cant move around and use explosive probe + ambush + snipe spam.

dejavy
08.12.2012 , 09:08 AM | #10
OLOLOLOLOLO.....!!! Snipers/GS are the best rangers i've ever met in MMO. It's perfection itself. Play a commando and then try Gunslinger/sniper. Feel the difference. Gunslinge is god of WZ if you know where to cover and what target to choose. L2p bro, l2p.