Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

powertech dps

DarthSabreth
08.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
Technically, AP spec spams a move to stack up to five times and then nuke. Except that nuke is Aoe and channeled!

P.s. Sniper burst is in Lethality is basically like two equally geared pyrotechs fighting each other.
good point, but a snipers high dps abilities are #1 channeled #2 capable of being LOS'ed where as a powertech has spammable burst dps and cant be effectivley LOS'ed. snippers are in high demand in WZ,s / rateds because they can drop their fire aoe on a node that effertivley keeps players from accessing this node for the duration. its esspecially effective in cival war if the sniper is about to die pop that on the node and its guarded with out anyone there untill a team mate can get to that node to defend it.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

TheronFett
08.11.2012 , 01:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Vespassian View Post
PT/Vanguard needs their burst to cost more in their resource pool in my opinion... very spam-y high burst move, included with a class that can pull and slow.
PT/Vanguard has some of the highest resource cost of any AC. In fact, they're the only AC that -must- include the 0 cost auto attack as part of their rotation to keep heat/ammo under control.

Easpeak
08.11.2012 , 01:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
PT/Vanguard has some of the highest resource cost of any AC. In fact, they're the only AC that -must- include the 0 cost auto attack as part of their rotation to keep heat/ammo under control.
Commando

Kegparty
08.11.2012 , 01:56 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Vespassian View Post
PT/Vanguard needs their burst to cost more in their resource pool in my opinion... very spam-y high burst move, included with a class that can pull and slow.
Or the other class needs buffs.. be careful with the nurf hammer or we wont have a good chunk of the population to play with (example sorc nurf)

Brool
08.11.2012 , 02:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
good point, but a snipers high dps abilities are #1 channeled #2 capable of being LOS'ed where as a powertech has spammable burst dps and cant be effectivley LOS'ed. snippers are in high demand in WZ,s / rateds because they can drop their fire aoe on a node that effertivley keeps players from accessing this node for the duration. its esspecially effective in cival war if the sniper is about to die pop that on the node and its guarded with out anyone there untill a team mate can get to that node to defend it.
Corrections.

The engineer tree is where the 31 point talent AOE is at, and not all of the attacks are channeled. They are not as heavily affected by LOS as a leathality sniper.

When a eng sniper dies the AOE disappears as well.

Engineer snipers have pretty good burst potential as well, its not just leathality snipers with burst.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

DarthSabreth
08.11.2012 , 02:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Brool View Post
Corrections.

The engineer tree is where the 31 point talent AOE is at, and not all of the attacks are channeled. They are not as heavily affected by LOS as a leathality sniper.

When a eng sniper dies the AOE disappears as well.

Engineer snipers have pretty good burst potential as well, its not just leathality snipers with burst.
I dont have that many issues with sniper dps on me, if they start to dps me before i can react i am toast, i f i get to them and at range then i have a chance at defeating them.

that is not the case with a powertech however, you cant really run awayfrom them, if you stay put you are toast while they run circles around you setting you on fire and interupting you. i would gladly fight snipers over a powertech their dps can be off the charts if they are geared for it.

i still think it has something to do with the expertise on the gear not doing its job with their dps, again im not saying they need a nerf but they do an awfull lot of burst dps in a much shorter time than most other classes do and i think the pvp gear was never designed for that protection.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .