Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are Warzones the only time u pvp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Are Warzones the only time u pvp?

Oddller
08.11.2012 , 09:43 AM | #1
Love the current warzones but i would like to see other modes of pvp (if thats possible) to add to this game variety.
Are warzones the only option BW put in to play against the other side for rewards?

Is there other types of PVP that could work for this game?
What other PVP modes have you seen in the past?
Does PvP have to be Combat orientated?

any thoughts?

Vespassian
08.11.2012 , 09:51 AM | #2
I'm guessing your new.... There is a few other places... Just look it up to make it easier for yourself then scrolling through thread comments.
We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Jack Nicholson, the Bucket List

DarthSabreth
08.11.2012 , 10:22 AM | #3
technicly no illium was supposed to be a world pvp zone with pvp dailys thrown into the mix to encourage world pvp. however it just didnt work out that way and is currently scraped. at the moment if you want to world pvp simply flag yourself and quest and you will be promply ganked by the other faction.

in my opinion what they need is something like WOW's Wintersgrasp, a queable world pvp zone that you can fight in. if you win the zone you can farm high end mats there for crafting. also encorage people to fight by offering items to craft / buy with tokens that you get from the matches.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Alericus
08.11.2012 , 10:43 AM | #4
While I like the idea, it has its own issues .Another game I played they had such a zone what happened is it became the playground for the big guilds who controlled who could and couldnt go into the zone. They basically owned it and decided who was allowed and who wasnt allowed. Certainly a bad situation for small guilds and solo players.

Id like to see a ilum type zone again but they said they would rework it and then nothing. Currently as we go free to play and the dev team has been reduced I suspect this plan is dead since the real problem is how to prevent the above mentioned manipulation and kill trading which always ruins these concepts as soon as you introduce rewards.

For any of these zones to work, Bioware would need to police it to watch for the abuses and since they have no where the staff to do such a thing I suspect it will be a while before we see anything like world pvp again.
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

foxmob
08.11.2012 , 12:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
technicly no illium was supposed to be a world pvp zone with pvp dailys thrown into the mix to encourage world pvp. however it just didnt work out that way and is currently scraped. at the moment if you want to world pvp simply flag yourself and quest and you will be promply ganked by the other faction.

in my opinion what they need is something like WOW's Wintersgrasp, a queable world pvp zone that you can fight in. if you win the zone you can farm high end mats there for crafting. also encorage people to fight by offering items to craft / buy with tokens that you get from the matches.
the servers/code fails. of all the problems with ilum, the biggest was locking up when 20 or 30+ ppl actually showed up for a fight. and no, it's not my computer/gfx or internet connection. it's a server side issue.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.