Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The true solution to the quitter epidemic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The true solution to the quitter epidemic

Leiralei
08.07.2012 , 11:26 AM | #1
Fix class balance in utility and defense such as that people feel they can contribute and enjoy engaging gameplay even in a losing team.

There, done.
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.

Darth_Philar
08.07.2012 , 11:37 AM | #2
If you really want to stop people from quitting, you need to eliminate all rewards from Warzones.

Since they aren't going to do that, you will always have quitters, regardless of any countermeasures you put into the game.
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

Leiralei
08.11.2012 , 02:18 AM | #3
Non-troll thread has one response, lol.
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.

HaLeX
08.11.2012 , 02:29 AM | #4
There is really only one solution. Remove the leave warzone button. If they want to exit force them to reload the game, this alone is enough of a pain that these lazy players wont bother.

FYI: People leave for all kinds of reasons. Last morning I was playing a Void Star and 2 players left after we completely crushed the other team on attack. We still won, barely holding them at the last door with 6 players. But this kind of quitting is baffling.

cool-dude
08.11.2012 , 04:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HaLeX View Post
There is really only one solution. Remove the leave warzone button. If they want to exit force them to reload the game, this alone is enough of a pain that these lazy players wont bother.

FYI: People leave for all kinds of reasons. Last morning I was playing a Void Star and 2 players left after we completely crushed the other team on attack. We still won, barely holding them at the last door with 6 players. But this kind of quitting is baffling.
Ever dawn on you that some players quit because they have to go? Sometimes I quit because I have to, I change my mind, or my team isn't doing ****, and it ruins the fun for me. What would keep me from quitting due to my team,is allow me the option to kill my own teammates and help the other team even if I don't get any points for it. I want to kill my team for not doing anything.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

Jesin
08.11.2012 , 07:02 AM | #6
I still favor a scaling lockout It would suck for a DC, but if you put the first leave of the day at a 5 minute lockout, second at 15, 3rd 1 hour, and a 4th leave as a 24 hour ban, you are not going to hit the DCs that hard unless it is a VERY common thing for them to DC.... I have left maybe 4 WZs, but it is a constant source of frustration to me that I continually see people leaving at the first sign of an issue. Gets WAY old... And hello there Leira ;p
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Passion is a lie, there is only truth, truth is a lie, there is onl... Ah screw it, <launches a grenade> KABOOOM! Philosophize on that one...

Darbon
08.11.2012 , 07:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HaLeX View Post
There is really only one solution. Remove the leave warzone button. If they want to exit force them to reload the game, this alone is enough of a pain that these lazy players wont bother..
So you'd rather have people standing still doing nothing than another player taking their place after a while?

You need to address the problem at its roots. That begs the question: why are people leaving?

For different reasons. The people leaving becouse their kid is upset, their girlfriend wants to make out, or their cat is on fire, these people will leave the WZ regardless if the "exit WZ" button is removed or not. They will stand still doing nothing anyway.

The problem is the "ah **** this ****, we're losing and I don't care so I'll just quit" people. It's so annoying for the remaining players who try to win it and come back from a deficit, and it's annoying for the people having their WZ pop just to come in to a match with little to affect.
Françoise - Gunslinger - The Red Eclipse

SwordofSodan
08.11.2012 , 07:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesin View Post
I still favor a scaling lockout It would suck for a DC, but if you put the first leave of the day at a 5 minute lockout, second at 15, 3rd 1 hour, and a 4th leave as a 24 hour ban, you are not going to hit the DCs that hard unless it is a VERY common thing for them to DC.... I have left maybe 4 WZs, but it is a constant source of frustration to me that I continually see people leaving at the first sign of an issue. Gets WAY old... And hello there Leira ;p
Shortsighted people.
Likely scenarios would be: Player go's afk, just starts dancing on node or bunny hopping naked through warzone for example. Say what you want, this will gradually become more annoying then people just dropping out of a warzone. I can already see the whine threads rolling in. Another scenario would be that people gradually stop queueing all together.

Forcing people to do things that they don't want to do especially in a game thats supposed to be enjoyable is a bad idea. Another point worth mentioning is, there is no cross server pvp currently in SWtoR so player pool is kind of limited more so on each server. This will lead to annoyingly long solo queue times until eventually, (like I mentioned before) people stop queueing all together.
50 Juggernaut - 50 Marauder - 50 Powertech

darksidechemist
08.11.2012 , 08:03 AM | #9
Some of the quitting could be stopped by simply giving players a choice which wz we want to queue for instead of making us play wz we hate or have simply gotten tired of.