Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Carnage Marauders/Combat Sentinels Roots

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Carnage Marauders/Combat Sentinels Roots

unixbomber
08.10.2012 , 08:51 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Isislol View Post
This. As much as I hate being rooted by force charge/force leap both jug/marauders need the root to stay in melee range of their target. Either the root or they should have like 3 sec sprint after the charge so the target don't get away from them.
Or,... another option would be to seriously l2p. If you go the carnage / combat line you can technically have access to 2 slows, if you wanted to. In addition to your standard slow, you can go far up enough in the watch / annihilation tree to have a slow apply to your bleed. Charging your opponent isn't on some magical, difficult to judge its use cooldown. Leap to target, apply bleed and slow. Perhaps they're intelligent or have a competent healer and they cleanse it. Immediately apply your next slow. Perhaps they have two competent healers that are more concerned with cleansing your slows over healing through the highest single target burst spec from the class and now you're without a slow for a few seconds. Luckily this line also has the ability to increase your in-combat run speed higher than other lines and can essentially negate any slows put on you, if you wish to do so. That's too difficult? Two roots. Oh you're rooted yourself, yea? You can luckily also remove roots from yourself every 45 seconds. I've been playing a sentinel since everyone thought they sucked, the truth of the matter is most of the time, the players themselves are incredibly bad. You won't escape this type of sentinel or marauder, if they know what they are doing.

fungihoujo
08.10.2012 , 04:07 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
I'd use a knockback to interrupt a ravage that can hit me for 10k, lol. Seems like a nice trade-off. Have fun QQ'ing for nerfs of classes you don't know how to defend against. Not all classes are meant to be equal to other classes. Some classes are better against other classes. Marauders are good against healers. Marauders are terrible against darkness/madness assassins. Darkness/Madness assassins are good against other dps and tanks. Darkness/Madness assassins are terrible against healers. Its a chess game, learn to play it.
Yes, it is a chess game, you are right. Marauders are queens, and sorcerers are pawns.

Oh, no, wait a moment- that's not right. Because if sorcs were pawns they'd have the one useful ability of being able to turn into a marauder if they reached the end of the board.

Thanks for reinforcing everything I said.

Also, I thought I was supposed to KB or stun when they leap me, and when they slow me, and when they are on me pummeling me with damage while I'm slowed, and when they use UR when they're low health, and when they use CoP and are beating on me while I can't do anything or I'll prolong it, and when... etc...

On the advice of marauders who have all made convenient threads about how to beat ONE ability of a marauder and then said 'the game is like chess, just use your KB and you win!'.

You do realize chess has more than one move don't you? Oh, no, that's right you don't because you're still stuck on figuring out checkers. If you're going to be demeaning and insulting, at least have a clue what you are talking about.

fungihoujo
08.10.2012 , 04:10 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by unixbomber View Post
Or,... another option would be to seriously l2p. If you go the carnage / combat line you can technically have access to 2 slows, if you wanted to. In addition to your standard slow, you can go far up enough in the watch / annihilation tree to have a slow apply to your bleed. Charging your opponent isn't on some magical, difficult to judge its use cooldown. Leap to target, apply bleed and slow. Perhaps they're intelligent or have a competent healer and they cleanse it. Immediately apply your next slow. Perhaps they have two competent healers that are more concerned with cleansing your slows over healing through the highest single target burst spec from the class and now you're without a slow for a few seconds. Luckily this line also has the ability to increase your in-combat run speed higher than other lines and can essentially negate any slows put on you, if you wish to do so. That's too difficult? Two roots. Oh you're rooted yourself, yea? You can luckily also remove roots from yourself every 45 seconds. I've been playing a sentinel since everyone thought they sucked, the truth of the matter is most of the time, the players themselves are incredibly bad. You won't escape this type of sentinel or marauder, if they know what they are doing.
This sums it up pretty much perfectly- for all you marauders still having trouble with the class, you could learn something here about how to play.

Missandei
08.11.2012 , 01:20 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by itskurtyo View Post
What these people don't understand is that we need the roots or slow, or else we will just be able to get kited by even the most brain dead player.

A good player can get away from a sentinel if they wish to do so.
But why you have to be kited in the first place?
DPS are too high, Defense is too awesome. So all people MUST run away from you..
«Working as intended..»
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Ovan_Oh-One
08.11.2012 , 02:29 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
But why you have to be kited in the first place?
DPS are too high, Defense is too awesome. So all people MUST run away from you..
«Working as intended..»
W-...what? Melee DPS excel at melee DPS and it's an issue we have to be kited?

I'm confused.
Artist formerly known as Agyo.
Ketwol
Enra

Xerain
08.11.2012 , 02:40 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Ovan_Oh-One View Post
W-...what? Melee DPS excel at melee DPS and it's an issue we have to be kited?

I'm confused.
apparently playing a ranged class means you should be able to kill someone while they run from 30m to 4m at you. Oh yes you should be able to kill someone in 26m right? And if they don't they have a knock back to get that extra little damage out of it all.

I guess standing still and letting a melee beat your face is op'ed huh?

PowerReaper
08.11.2012 , 06:10 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
everyone finds something in Maras to complain about.
My 5 cents is a damage that bypass armor.
4-5K regular hits on a FULL WH geared TANK is a little over bit...
Oh my, a tank can't learn to kite a Marauder/Sentinel when they use Gore/Precision Slash for 4.5 Seconds. They can't learn to cc, they can't learn to root them, so it must be nerf'd! I really can't believe our roots are being complained about...you need to spec almost all the way into Carnage/Combat when most other classes don't even need to do that... *Facepalm* That rotation or chained abilities you made, i would be shocked if it actually worked. Half the time when i even try to do that they normally just stun me and gain some los.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord Èschaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel