Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Another go at NiM Denova...a challenge for the Community Team

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Another go at NiM Denova...a challenge for the Community Team

WillHolmes's Avatar


WillHolmes
08.10.2012 , 01:50 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Craxim View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I was already aware that the Denova and Hazmat gear was in the game coding, and had been datamined. But this doesn't mean give us an idea of when it'll be released, and it doesn't confirm that it still is coming, it's possible plans have changed. The Denova and Hazmat gear was put into the game by a team that is vastly different, it's possible it might not be in the plans anymore. No way to tell until we see it, or until we get some COMMUNICATION from this new and apparently improved Community Team. Anyone them reading this, I hope they give us something we want to hear.
Yea if they said something would be nice but the peices fit quite well gotta give it a little more possible then not but yea of course anything can change esspecialy with changes in staff.

BUT the staff changes werent actually layoffs it was EA cycling there contract workers, EA has an issue, rather then renewing the contract workers they let them expire then get a whole new set of people adn then the main staff wastes time training them in their systems rather then making content read this glassdoor stuff about BW (REMEMBER BW IS GONE EA KEPT THE NAME FOR MARKETING PURPOSES)

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Bio...ews-E22998.htm
Jedi Covenant

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
8/8 Imperial AC lvl 55

Craxim's Avatar


Craxim
08.10.2012 , 03:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by WillHolmes View Post
Yea if they said something would be nice but the peices fit quite well gotta give it a little more possible then not but yea of course anything can change esspecialy with changes in staff.

BUT the staff changes werent actually layoffs it was EA cycling there contract workers, EA has an issue, rather then renewing the contract workers they let them expire then get a whole new set of people adn then the main staff wastes time training them in their systems rather then making content read this glassdoor stuff about BW (REMEMBER BW IS GONE EA KEPT THE NAME FOR MARKETING PURPOSES)

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Bio...ews-E22998.htm
Yeah, it's a shame that in almost all aspects of the Entertainment industry or really any form of art, corporate greed always finds a way to ruin it. Every post I make will still ask the team for an answer, so come on team, answer us already! We want NiM!
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

alifaraaz's Avatar


alifaraaz
08.10.2012 , 03:26 PM | #23
Yeah I'm sure were all aware of the datamined gear by.now, but for anyone who didn't thanks for bringing it up. Naturally they are subject to potential change if plans have changed. Personally I think people banged on so much about server merges and lfg tool that Ops work likely got sidetracked. That and the fact that this f2p plan has likely been worked on since the sub drop to 1.3 mill, if not before then.

If they don't release something in Sept they're asking for a loss in subs really :P well atleast release something onto PTS so we can all play around with it, work the bugs out etc. But yeah fingers crosses for news in Gamescon.

I can't recall if I mentioned but the swtor head writer also suggested we should hear news about content (maybe not ops but content) in a tweet recently. I wouldn't be surprised if by hear new stuff, he meant at GamesCon too. Afterall that's how we first saw Terror trailer at E3.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Craxim's Avatar


Craxim
08.10.2012 , 03:35 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
Yeah I'm sure were all aware of the datamined gear by.now, but for anyone who didn't thanks for bringing it up. Naturally they are subject to potential change if plans have changed. Personally I think people banged on so much about server merges and lfg tool that Ops work likely got sidetracked. That and the fact that this f2p plan has likely been worked on since the sub drop to 1.3 mill, if not before then.

If they don't release something in Sept they're asking for a loss in subs really :P well atleast release something onto PTS so we can all play around with it, work the bugs out etc. But yeah fingers crosses for news in Gamescon.

I can't recall if I mentioned but the swtor head writer also suggested we should hear news about content (maybe not ops but content) in a tweet recently. I wouldn't be surprised if by hear new stuff, he meant at GamesCon too. Afterall that's how we first saw Terror trailer at E3.
Yeah, the fact that the WZ is going to be up and running to play and test makes me think that we'll see something worthwhile from GamesCom. Still wanting that communication we've been hearing so much about. Why not blow that dev tracker up with something people want to read?
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

BryTurner's Avatar


BryTurner
08.10.2012 , 04:07 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Craxim View Post
Yeah, the fact that the WZ is going to be up and running to play and test makes me think that we'll see something worthwhile from GamesCom. Still wanting that communication we've been hearing so much about. Why not blow that dev tracker up with something people want to read?
I agree with this, outside of PvP there's just not anything to do for progression focused raiding guilds, its caused a few of our guild members to leave the game as well. We need something to sink our teeth into sooner rather than later!
▂ ▃ ▅ Bryndan ▅ ▃ ▂
⋘PRIME DEFENSE⋙
The Tenacious ※ The Vigilant ※ The Prime

Craxim's Avatar


Craxim
08.10.2012 , 04:23 PM | #26
As for what the Methodical member said earlier about not just having raid content, but something to do while waiting for content, I agree with that and believe that we will have that soon. With another WZ on the way, probably a Season 1 of Ranked, the new planet, maybe a new level cap, a new companion, maybe a new World Event and possibly a new FP and even new Space Missions, I think that soon after we do get new raid content, the top end guild like ours that clear it fast will still have things to do to keep us entertained while we wait for the next thing to come.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

Nippon's Avatar


Nippon
08.10.2012 , 06:02 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
To protest a lack of end game content, you are going to play either WoW, which has had the same 7 bosses for 10 months (only two of which are actually new bosses, and even the environment of the raid is reused), or GW2 which had zero endgame.

Well played.
Yep its like quitting your football team and yelling " ok bye im off to play with the girls, screw you "

The-Vortex's Avatar


The-Vortex
08.10.2012 , 07:29 PM | #28
For me personally, and to some extent my guild, this entire situation has just destroyed any enthusiasm I once had for this game. I'm sick and tired of the lackluster endgame content, with mechanics generally being easily bypassed even on hard mode, the glacial pace of content production and the actual amount of content that is released once something of substance does come out (4 bosses... still can't believe they did this for an entire tier) and we're expected to believe that they're going to shove out even more content with a massively reduced development team. I loved this game and to some extent still do, but I'm slowly seeing my guild dissolve out of pure boredom with the current content, all 20 of us are full campaign or near enough and we've been running Denova for 3 nights a week for the past 4, closing on 5 months. This week for example out of our 20 raiders, 5 turned up.... 5! and the general attitude of those that did was "Do we have to?". Its a sorry state of affairs when a raiding guild doesn't actually want to raid any more.

Lets say for a minute that they actually announce 1.4 at gamescom next week, the content most likely won't hit the PTS until sometime in September following the various previews and hype building that they usually do with these patches. If indeed it does contain the new operation it will be on the PTS for at least a month, if not more like 1.2 was meaning that it will most likely be released sometime in October. There's also the possibility that they'll release it with little to no PTS testing resulting in the content being completely broken. I'm sorry but that's just not good enough. By that time we'll have been stuck with 4 bosses for 6 months with a damned free to play conversion on the horizon a month or so later. Then what if its just NM Denova? or if Terror is stupidly small like Denova before it, we'll just be repeating this whole process over again only with free to play to look forward to, but don't worry, we'll have new hats to keep ourselves occupied with!

I'd like to say I'll stick around for that long but I'm not going to kid myself any more.... I think I may end up re subbing to Rift. Say what you like about that game but at least it has an endgame with more than 4 bosses at a time.
End of Days - Republic - The Progenitor
Varias - 50 Gunslinger
Saris - 50 Jedi Guardian

Craxim's Avatar


Craxim
08.10.2012 , 07:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Vortex View Post
For me personally, and to some extent my guild, this entire situation has just destroyed any enthusiasm I once had for this game. I'm sick and tired of the lackluster endgame content, with mechanics generally being easily bypassed even on hard mode, the glacial pace of content production and the actual amount of content that is released once something of substance does come out (4 bosses... still can't believe they did this for an entire tier) and we're expected to believe that they're going to shove out even more content with a massively reduced development team. I loved this game and to some extent still do, but I'm slowly seeing my guild dissolve out of pure boredom with the current content, all 20 of us are full campaign or near enough and we've been running Denova for 3 nights a week for the past 4, closing on 5 months. This week for example out of our 20 raiders, 5 turned up.... 5! and the general attitude of those that did was "Do we have to?". Its a sorry state of affairs when a raiding guild doesn't actually want to raid any more.

Lets say for a minute that they actually announce 1.4 at gamescom next week, the content most likely won't hit the PTS until sometime in September following the various previews and hype building that they usually do with these patches. If indeed it does contain the new operation it will be on the PTS for at least a month, if not more like 1.2 was meaning that it will most likely be released sometime in October. There's also the possibility that they'll release it with little to no PTS testing resulting in the content being completely broken. I'm sorry but that's just not good enough. By that time we'll have been stuck with 4 bosses for 6 months with a damned free to play conversion on the horizon a month or so later. Then what if its just NM Denova? or if Terror is stupidly small like Denova before it, we'll just be repeating this whole process over again only with free to play to look forward to, but don't worry, we'll have new hats to keep ourselves occupied with!

I'd like to say I'll stick around for that long but I'm not going to kid myself any more.... I think I may end up re subbing to Rift. Say what you like about that game but at least it has an endgame with more than 4 bosses at a time.
We all know this is the state of the game, and you raise valid concerns, but this isn't a "trash HM Denova" thread. If you want to talk about that, I'm pretty sure there are a few other active threads talking about it. The point of this thread is to try to consolidate people's desire to see a release date or some sort of talk about NiM Denova. You can complain about the state of the content, sure, but at the launch of 1.2, the content was fine. HM Denova is a great level of difficulty, slightly harder than Normal mode on WoW, and really does require good execution as a whole, especially in 16 man. If NiM is the "Nightmare" it is supposed to be, it would be comparable with the Heroic raids of WoW. 4 bosses isn't a lot, yes, but we don't know and can't expect every raid ever in the future to be only 4 bosses. 1.4 might not be until September/October, but I personally am happy to work through NiM progression on a more challenging and less forgiving version of Denova while I wait for 1.4, if they would just give it to us. The development team isn't "massively reduced" and if you did some research you would understand that. This will be the only post I make regarding the state of HM Denova or the game, as I really don't want to turn this thread into a hatestorm of complaints about the lack of content, I want it to be about people showing their opinions on NiM Denova and its release date.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

Karasuko's Avatar


Karasuko
08.10.2012 , 09:16 PM | #30
Dear pve encounter development team,
Please hire me for a position in operation design as I have many neat ideas on content to keep this game moving along. Send private message or email (you have my email addy somewhere) to discuss further. I love this game and will work cheap!!!! I want this game to grow not stagnate.

My experience is 6 years of playing wow with a variety of guilds at varying skill levels.I am enthusastic,motivated and dedicated.

I currently have a dozen ideas for encounters that are very very starwarsy floating around in my head and could easily produce more fully fleshed encounters.

Cheers heaps and can't wait for your response.
Kara.

Some how I don't see a response in the near future.