Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One Boss Lockout Question

Gidrea
08.10.2012 , 11:35 AM | #1
I've searched and can't find an answer.

I currently have a lockout on one boss in EV. What happens if I try to go back in with a different group?

Does this mean I can't enter the Op?
Or I can enter but not fight that boss, leaving my group one person short for that fight?
Or can I fight and just not loot?

Does it make a difference if I'm the group leader or not?

Any info would be appreciated! Thank you.
Gidrea / Kätastrophee / Stärry / Randava / Lexä / Buttercup / Fraidy Cat - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Inzi
08.10.2012 , 11:41 AM | #2
Let's assume you're locked out of Annihilation Droid (the first boss) and you have a full group where everybody besides you is unsaved. If you are the instance owner (your name is the one up top on the bar thing), then everybody else will skip the first boss because you've already killed it and will be asked to accept the lock because your instance is further ahead than them. If it is NOT your instance, then you will be unable to enter the instance that has Annihilation Droid alive until it is killed.

If it's not the first boss, the instance is linear. So if you're saved to the 3rd boss, you will not be able to complete the 1st 2nd or 3rd this week again. Either your group will be advanced past the 3rd boss, or you will be unable to enter until the first 3 bosses are cleared.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

Xiij
08.10.2012 , 11:43 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
I've searched and can't find an answer.

I currently have a lockout on one boss in EV. What happens if I try to go back in with a different group?

Does this mean I can't enter the Op?
Or I can enter but not fight that boss, leaving my group one person short for that fight?
Or can I fight and just not loot?

Does it make a difference if I'm the group leader or not?

Any info would be appreciated! Thank you.
If you're locked out of a boss, you may continue the instance but you cannot do the boss you are locked out of. Meaning if you're in a group, they can do the boss that you're locked out of, but you wont be able to enter the instance until they are finished killing him. That being said, the group leader is the one who's lockout is used for the group. So if you've done the first boss in EV, and your group hasn't. If you make the group, the first boss will be dead, and they won't be able to do it unless they reform a group with the leader being someone who isn't locked out on that boss. I feel like I've kinda circumnavigated my words a bit...

Person A - locked out of first boss in EV
Person B - no locks

A joins B's group.
A can't enter instance until first boss is down.

B joins A's group.
B can't down first boss because he is already down in A's instance of EV.

Hope that is clear / helps.
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiij View Post
[W]e really shouldn't feed trolls. They are like stray cats. Once you feed them once they come back. When you continue to feed them, they grow in numbers.

Gidrea
08.10.2012 , 01:59 PM | #4
Thank you both, those are very helpful answers. Now I know what the options are to present to the guild.
Gidrea / Kätastrophee / Stärry / Randava / Lexä / Buttercup / Fraidy Cat - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Full Metal Jawa - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!