Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs/Mods please let us know if the secret space project is still in development

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Devs/Mods please let us know if the secret space project is still in development
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kirorx
08.10.2012 , 01:45 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda View Post
IF that was the case then wouldnt the new information be

We have put a hold on this so that we could push out new operations faster for you?
There is nothing to put on hold, space is working as intended.

Never have I read they were creating an enitre revamp to space. (only in player posts)

Illium is a bust, Open world pvp is non existent, still cant sit in chairs, there are no chat bubbles, no hide companion helmet options, We just got a LFG button, no paid character tranfers yet, heck it took months to implement the free transfers.

It is silly to think they have resources on some "super secret space project", if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck its a duck. We already have space, sorry if you dont like it but its what we have.

Space did not save SWG, it wont save SWTOR, F2P store will bring enough money in that revamping space would be a waste of resources.

Tuscad
08.10.2012 , 01:46 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
I think that option 3 is the true meaning of Soon!!().
Dear Lord, this is the biggest breakthrough that I have seen all day! Everyone listen to Urael, Urael has discovered the true meaning of Soon().
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Urael
08.10.2012 , 01:47 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
Dear Lord, this is the biggest breakthrough that I have seen all day! Everyone listen to Urael, Urael has discovered the true meaning of Soon().
That'll be tree fiddy. I accept Cartel Coins.

Emeda
08.10.2012 , 01:55 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post

Never have I read they were creating an enitre revamp to space. (only in player posts)
Try doing a seach for it and you will find it.

Illium is a bust, Open world pvp is non existent, still cant sit in chairs, there are no chat bubbles, no hide companion helmet options, We just got a LFG button, no paid character tranfers yet, heck it took months to implement the free transfers.

It is silly to think they have resources on some "super secret space project", if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck its a duck. We already have space, sorry if you dont like it but its what we have.

Space did not save SWG, it wont save SWTOR, F2P store will bring enough money in that revamping space would be a waste of resources.
Space inproved SWG. Nothing could save SWG after the CU and NGE so what exactly was your point?

You then say F2P will make them money so they dont need to waste money on anything after that. Your 1/2 right they wont waste money on anything thats not part of F2P but wrong in that F2P will be making them more money.
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

Tuscad
08.10.2012 , 02:10 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
That'll be tree fiddy. I accept Cartel Coins.
I have to save them to unlock the forums if I get banned.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Tommot
08.10.2012 , 02:14 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post

Why dont you try searching before you talk about how "silly" it is? The reason people refer to it as the "Super Secret Space Project" is because that's the exact terminology Bioware used.
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |

kirorx
08.10.2012 , 02:14 PM | #57
Space inproved SWG. Nothing could save SWG after the CU and NGE so what exactly was your point?
The point, that is wont help retain or increase subs even if there was a mass space game added. At this point it not about what is fun its about what will make money.

Dont get me wrong, i personally would love to see space implemented but this is just a rumor.

i read the article from December where they mentioned space but they also mentioned guild ships and Dec was not really a time of real promises.

Here a misleading video about the jedi knight, "i dont remember knocking one person in the sarlacc pit and certainly never got this armor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIhwEVuU7R8

Point is this is August, if you have not heard anything its because the are not doing it.

I mentioned chat bubbles, they said that would be implemented shortly, but here we are in reality...no chat bubbles.

HarleysRule
08.10.2012 , 02:17 PM | #58
wrong in that F2P will be making them more money.
AFAIK every single MMO that went freemium saw an increase in revenue.

Emeda
08.10.2012 , 02:24 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by HarleysRule View Post
AFAIK every single MMO that went freemium saw an increase in revenue.
An increase in revenue does not always mean a profit.

If that was the case no MMO would have ever shut down they would instead still be going as freemiums
If this game is so great then why do so many people that love the game spend all their time in the forums?

kirorx
08.10.2012 , 02:29 PM | #60
An increase in revenue does not always mean a profit.

If that was the case no MMO would have ever shut down they would instead still be going as freemiums
They will make money, mosty because of foolish people, like myself.

I pay now maybe 15 bucks a month. Great.

Now lets say server transfers are 20 dollars, well thats like 100 bucks the first day the store is open.

Lets say i have to buy HK, another 20 bucks, now throw in some legacy unlock like species options or something and all of a sudden I have paid for more than 2 subscriptions for a year.

I am guilty of buying those booster packs when SWG had those, i probally spent hundreds of dollars on those.

I did get to enjoy a cloud city house for like a month.

There are alot of people that will buy a few items a month and if we all spend more than 15 bucks then its like they doubled the sub numbers with out having to do much of anything.