Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patcher Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ryanbowl
08.09.2012 , 10:49 PM | #1
Alright i'm not pleased with this game and will be canceling my subscription if you can't help me. I went and tried to go on SWTOR but the launcher kept freezing and i tried every fix recommended but none worked.

So i uninstalled the game and than i installed it again. Now when its trying to download the patch i get this error

"Unable to write patch data due to insufficient disk space."

This is really irritating as i just had it installed a day ago and my computer has 145gb of free space.
If you could give me a fix that would be very appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryan

Beruthien
08.10.2012 , 01:03 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Ryanbowl,

Could you please post your full DxDiag and Launcher log so we would be in a better position to assist you? When posting the DxDiag and the log please paste it within the [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags.

Thank you.
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Ryanbowl
08.10.2012 , 12:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings Ryanbowl,

Could you please post your full DxDiag and Launcher log so we would be in a better position to assist you? When posting the DxDiag and the log please paste it within the [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags.

Thank you.

Hey! Thanks for your reply. They are posted below.
DXDiag
Spoiler

Ryanbowl
08.10.2012 , 12:53 PM | #4
Greetings Ryanbowl,

Thank you.
And heres the logs.
Launcher Logs

Spoiler

Beruthien
08.11.2012 , 12:35 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Ryanbowl,

There are a few things I would like to point out that are not probable causes for the error you currently receive, but will likely finder your game play in the future.
Unfortunately your processor does not meet the minimum system requirements for Star Wars: The Old Republic, you may be able to run the game, but not with good performance. Also your graphic card drivers seem to be out of date and should be updated.

Regarding the error you received as could you please try installing the game do a different location from the default location (in Program Files) for example in your user directory. Also please run chkdsk and Memtest86+ to rule out any issues with your hard drive or memory (please run the Memtest at least 6 times).

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

I hope this helps!

Ryanbowl
08.11.2012 , 11:26 AM | #6
Greetings Ryanbowl,

There are a few things I would like to point out that are not probable causes for the error you currently receive, but will likely finder your game play in the future.
Unfortunately your processor does not meet the minimum system requirements for Star Wars: The Old Republic, you may be able to run the game, but not with good performance. Also your graphic card drivers seem to be out of date and should be updated.

Regarding the error you received as could you please try installing the game do a different location from the default location (in Program Files) for example in your user directory. Also please run chkdsk and Memtest86+ to rule out any issues with your hard drive or memory (please run the Memtest at least 6 times).

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

I hope this helps!
Thanks so much Beruthien! Moving to my user directory has it downloading the patch again! I hope it can finish fast so i'm back in the game.
Again, Thanks for your time and support,
Ryanbowl

Beruthien
08.12.2012 , 12:00 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Ryanbowl,

Glad to hear that you were able to start patching again!

Please let us know if you encounter any issues during the process.

Thank you!