Miraluka masks, do they have clipping issues?

fyrephly

My Miralukan character can't display any headgear--but it wasn't the mask that was clipping--it was the high pony-tail sticking up through every piece of head gear initially. Apparently they just turned all the Miralukan head gear off instead of fixing it.

Yes and no.

I find clipping with headgear a non-issue . . . because most headgear doesn't display. xD Pre-1.2 there was some weird thing where the hair would be the thing clipping through headpieces, but only on Miraluka. That has been "fixed', I suppose, if that's what you'd call disabling headgear showing.

Hoods are a mixed bag. The closer fitting hoods, like the one on the Voss Mystic set, clip something awful with my Miraluka's mask. With other hoods, it can be hard to tell -- some have no clipping (I recall some of it getting fixed in 1.2), others do. Note that even if the hood appears to have no clipping in the preview window, the mask may clip horribly through the back of the hood when your character is moving.

Only a few helmet are shown on miraluka. Basically, just circlets. And not all of them.

The BW solution to bug : remove what cause the bug from the game. Because it's just easier than find a solution.

The Voss Social gear hood seems to be the only one that still works, there's a non-social item varient that is light armour, you may want to see if that'll do... it hugs quite tightly to the head/face, it even removes the evil ponytail. Looks so nice in the character select, something I'd have changed if I knew it clipped through hoods.

Anyway, yeah... only one I know that doesn't hide itself anymore.

The Voss Social gear hood seems to be the only one that still works, there's a non-social item varient that is light armour, you may want to see if that'll do... it hugs quite tightly to the head/face, it even removes the evil ponytail. Looks so nice in the character select, something I'd have changed if I knew it clipped through hoods.

Anyway, yeah... only one I know that doesn't hide itself anymore.

Maelstrom Prison drops a light armor set that looks like the Voss Mystic one (but with a darker color scheme). One of the best looking sets or Consulars, IMO.

Unfortunately, my Miraluka mask is the one with the large black & red "brow", and it clips pretty badly with the hood. :(

• 1 month later...