CE vs. Purchasing Cartel Coins

arunav

Was wondering what people thought about getting the collector's edition now for $30, basically $15 since it come with a month's worth of game time.

Without knowing how much cartel currency will cost to purchase, and not knowing what will be available, do you think it's worthwhile to get a collector's edition?

I don't see myself really getting much out of what comes with the box, why I did not get it in the first place, so it would be primarily for the extra cartel currency for $15.

I'm actually kind of irritated that people are getting such a bargain for the CE and still get the 1k cartel coins that the people who paid $150 get....oh well.

While I agree in principle, it is what it is, one CE key won't be differentiated from another.

It's a real shame the game did not maintain subscribers, and I think that's something we can all agree on.

All that being said, do people think a CE is worth the cartel coins, without knowing what will be in the shop and for how much? I'm hesitant to get one. On the other hand, it is available at a local store for $30.

I'm actually kind of irritated that people are getting such a bargain for the CE and still get the 1k cartel coins that the people who paid $150 get....oh well.

but you didn't pay 150 to get 1k cartel coins, you paid for the statue, the journal, the cd, and the game, all of which you got. now they have all these extra CE they need/want to get rid, hence the price drop to "anyone can afford" levels. the 1k cartel coins are them giving you more because you paid for a CE, it's a nice incentice for those last CE's to be bought up

While I agree in principle, it is what it is, one CE key won't be differentiated from another.

It's a real shame the game did not maintain subscribers, and I think that's something we can all agree on.

All that being said, do people think a CE is worth the cartel coins, without knowing what will be in the shop and for how much? I'm hesitant to get one. On the other hand, it is available at a local store for $30.

If you have $30 to throw down, throw 'em down. You'll be getting an exclusive droid, armour set and tauntaun, in addition to the coins and month of subscription. Who knows, if f2p turns out to be sucessful it might be worth something some day.

IMHO it is a pretty good deal, but if you have absolutely no interest in the in-game items, CE store access, security key, or the physical items, I am doubtful that the cartel coins alone will make it "worth it" for you. Edited by Gwena

If you ask me its worth the $30 for the CE because the statue itself is worth that in my opinion, plus you get the cartel coins, in-game vendor, and other nice things for just the low price of $30.

(And the CE gets somthing special at the launch of F2P according to Bioware)

It wasn`t worth THEN and it certainly isn`t worth now. Because 15 or 30$ is a bit too steep for 1000 CC. I suspect you will get about 3000 or 5000 with that money.

Then again.. I might be awfully wrong about the cost of CC...

It wasn`t worth THEN and it certainly isn`t worth now. Because 15 or 30$ is a bit too steep for 1000 CC. I suspect you will get about 3000 or 5000 with that money.

Then again.. I might be awfully wrong about the cost of CC...

I calculated a while back that 1000 coins was worth ~$25. That is an estimate, as we won't know for sure until they tell us what the actul sales prices of coins is. If coins turn out to be a lot cheaper then I estimated, then that $ estimate goes down. Worst case is probably ~ $10 equivalent value.

/Agreed

I know most stuff goes down but as low as 19.99 (Frys electronics) 130.00 off. From what i "remember" the CE was SOLD OUT before release so, I guess BW/EA had a stock pile to unload or more were made. Either way you cant tell me that Gamestop or Frys had these sitting around.

/Agreed

I know most stuff goes down but as low as 19.99 (Frys electronics) 130.00 off. From what i "remember" the CE was SOLD OUT before release so, I guess BW/EA had a stock pile to unload or more were made. Either way you cant tell me that Gamestop or Frys had these sitting around.

Mine was covered in a layer of dust when I bought it...

/Agreed

I remember people were scrambling to find CE's because they were "limited" and "exclusive"

Guess EA had more hoarded in a warehouse somewhere that they needed to dump.

I calculated a while back that 1000 coins was worth ~$25. That is an estimate, as we won't know for sure until they tell us what the actul sales prices of coins is. If coins turn out to be a lot cheaper then I estimated, then that $ estimate goes down. Worst case is probably ~ $10 equivalent value.

Just curious how exactly you "calculated" this when Bioware hasnt finalized anything yet.

if you get the CE for 30$ it is really only 15$ coz you get 1 month free game time with the upgrade, even if you had the dde.

DDE you also get a free month so its like $5 really in that case. You dont have to leave your house either.