Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problem with game

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aluvard
08.09.2012 , 12:48 PM | #1
Greetings

Yesterday I send a ticket about problem with big lags that appear after last patch.
Today I experienced same lags but after that screen went black and game suddenly quit to a desktop.
I don't get any error notification or sth else.

Aluvard
08.09.2012 , 04:34 PM | #2
Any chance for solution?

Bronholz
08.09.2012 , 04:40 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Aluvard,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

Please can you try running the Repair function from the launcher, this will check for an repair any corruptions in your game files. You can find this by logging into the launcher and clicking the cog icon.

Please also try going to the game folder located here:
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
Go into the folder labelled "swtor" and delete the DiskCacheArena file.

Please try the above to see if it has an effect on your performance.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Aluvard
08.09.2012 , 05:25 PM | #4
As You suggest I run Repair and remove that file.
Lags are bigger than earlier; now I have lag which jump from 70-90 ms into 600-1000 ms and suddenly goes down to previous state.
What I should to do now?

Bronholz
08.09.2012 , 05:46 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Aluvard,

Have you experienced any further crashes at all or was it only once that this occurred?

Below I have included some network troubleshooting steps, so please can you make sure you have tried the steps below.
Spoiler

Thanks.

Aluvard
08.09.2012 , 06:01 PM | #6
1. That crash was first and for now only. Lags now stabilize on 60-250 ms
2. Game is added into exceptions into firewall and Norton since december.
3. I normally using WiFi to play; changing into ethernet cable give me exactly same results (+ that was uncomfortable)

Aluvard
08.10.2012 , 03:23 PM | #7
I refresh my thread cause lags are going worse: travel by speeder lag or game freeze, travel by speeders from outpost - lag, start a fight - lag. In that situation lag starts to jump from 60 ms to 150-500 ms.
Internet connection works perfect, repair&removing that file do nothing, all drivers are up to date.

Bronholz
08.10.2012 , 03:59 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Aluvard,

To help us in tracking down the issue I'm going to get you to do a Pathping and Tracert. This will show your connection to our servers.

For the most accurate results, please try to run the tests while you are experiencing the issue.

Can you do the following please?

When you are logged into SWTOR, press the Alt+Tab keys together.
Spoiler

Post the information on the forums if you can and include in spoiler tags. Can you also please remove your IP address from all information you post on the forums.

Thanks for your patience.

Aluvard
08.10.2012 , 04:40 PM | #9
Ok, here You have results

Spoiler

Tirvaak
08.11.2012 , 07:58 AM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Aluvard,

Thank you for providing the tracert and pathping. The only thing I can really see are the occasional high ping times along the route from your ISP to our servers. You will notice it starts at hop 5, then again on hops 7, 8 and 9. Apart form hop 9 all of these IPs are part of your ISPs routing and while they are not much higher than the average it still could explain why you are encountering the lag spikes.

The higher ping time at hop 9 would be caused by delays along the route. I'm going to suggest to perform a flushdns to see if it makes any difference to your issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support