Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another go at NiM Denova...a challenge for the Community Team

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Another go at NiM Denova...a challenge for the Community Team

Craxim
08.09.2012 , 11:13 AM | #1
Let's try this again guys. Let's put this new "Community Team Communication" to the test. We all know that NiM Denova is supposedly "in the works", that you want to get it to us in the "near future", and we should it expect it "very soon".

I challenge the community team to say something on this subject, talk to us about the ETA of NiM Denova WITHOUT using one of the orange phrases. Tell us something NEW. We're tired of being fed the same bullcrap BW, at least change up the menu from time to time, we're still hungry for something real.

Comment here if you agree, show the team just how much you want them to communicate on this.
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

Fossman
08.09.2012 , 11:40 AM | #2
I dont even want NiM denova. Im sick of it. Unless they're adding new bosses to it id rather they just focus on making the new Operation half way decent.

Craxim
08.09.2012 , 11:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
I dont even want NiM denova. Im sick of it. Unless they're adding new bosses to it id rather they just focus on making the new Operation half way decent.
I agree, but if we have to get NiM Denova anyways, I want it now so I can get it over with and we can move on to the new Op as soon as possible. Also having what is supposed to be a real Nightmare of an Operation might foster competition in the raiding community, which I'd like to see alive again before the new Operation so that people care about the new one when it gets here.

pure_laced
08.09.2012 , 11:51 AM | #4
You are just asking for more info because I quit yesterday. I know it....thanks!

Serious note though: I will resub when there finally is end game content to do. Nightmare or TFB. But until that time, I will save my $15 bucks a month and play something else like WoW or GW2.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

alifaraaz
08.09.2012 , 12:14 PM | #5
As much as I'd love to hear something more specific about it - if they are to reveal any info regarding Nightmare EC or Terror, it will likely be revealed in the Gamescom:

"EA Press Conference: Fans and Press should expect to hear some exciting new details about the future of The Old Republic during the presentation on Tuesday, August 14.

Community Meet & Greet: If youíre in Cologne, why not come by for drinks and lively conversation with the development team? Apply for an invitation here! The Meet & Greet is scheduled for 8pm on Thursday, August 16 at a secret location. We look forward to seeing some of you there, but even if you canít make the show, we hope youíll be following closely online to hear about some of the new announcements and reveals we have planned."

So I can't see the community team telling us anything new, since if the Devs are ready to share anything, GamesCom is likely to be the place where they'll share that info.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Jazra
08.09.2012 , 12:31 PM | #6
I agree. C'mon devs! I was told back in April when I sat in front of a number of devs at PAX East that Nightmare Explosive Conflict would be coming soon after 1.2 and before 1.3. Well it's been almost two months after 1.3 and still nothing...

We know it's in the works. We know it's on the way. I want to hear something new.
Cali Killed Nox
World Progression Raiding

Thrills - Operative Healer
Website Stream

Icebergy
08.09.2012 , 12:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by pure_laced View Post
You are just asking for more info because I quit yesterday. I know it....thanks!

Serious note though: I will resub when there finally is end game content to do. Nightmare or TFB. But until that time, I will save my $15 bucks a month and play something else like WoW or GW2.
To protest a lack of end game content, you are going to play either WoW, which has had the same 7 bosses for 10 months (only two of which are actually new bosses, and even the environment of the raid is reused), or GW2 which had zero endgame.

Well played.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 2/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

Craxim
08.09.2012 , 12:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by alifaraaz View Post
As much as I'd love to hear something more specific about it - if they are to reveal any info regarding Nightmare EC or Terror, it will likely be revealed in the Gamescom:

"EA Press Conference: Fans and Press should expect to hear some exciting new details about the future of The Old Republic during the presentation on Tuesday, August 14.

Community Meet & Greet: If youíre in Cologne, why not come by for drinks and lively conversation with the development team? Apply for an invitation here! The Meet & Greet is scheduled for 8pm on Thursday, August 16 at a secret location. We look forward to seeing some of you there, but even if you canít make the show, we hope youíll be following closely online to hear about some of the new announcements and reveals we have planned."

So I can't see the community team telling us anything new, since if the Devs are ready to share anything, GamesCom is likely to be the place where they'll share that info.
But they might hint on this thread that we should pay attention to GamesCom, which would be something a little more concrete than "soon". I've read too many times that they're going to increase their communication, yet this is the one subject they need to increase communication on more than anything.

Kihra
08.09.2012 , 01:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
To protest a lack of end game content, you are going to play either WoW, which has had the same 7 bosses for 10 months (only two of which are actually new bosses, and even the environment of the raid is reused)
Going back to WoW at this point means preparing for the launch of Mists, so it's reasonable to see people heading back there given the timeframe of that release.

Basically WoW is six weeks away from unleashing Mists of Pandaria, which has a staggering amount of stuff to do. There are 14 raid bosses and 2 world bosses. 5-man dungeons have achievements to work on as well as challenge modes. They've added mini-games in the form of pet battles and farming. There are reps to work on with a bunch of different dailies. New battlegrounds, etc, etc,

I know Bioware has enough to worry about already, but they really need to work not only on getting more Operations content, but they also need to give players more stuff to do when they aren't raiding. Our guild is essentially a wasteland on off nights, because there is nothing for anyone to do in game when not raiding.

They need achievements for Flashpoints to give us something fun to do and breathe new life into running them. They need mini games like pazaak or swoop racing or rancor fighting or something! They need to introduce stuff to collect, more daily hubs, maybe interesting reps to grind, etc. Basically we just need more to do.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Kihra - Kinetic Shadow

pure_laced
08.09.2012 , 01:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
To protest a lack of end game content, you are going to play either WoW, which has had the same 7 bosses for 10 months (only two of which are actually new bosses, and even the environment of the raid is reused), or GW2 which had zero endgame.

Well played.
Because of SWTOR beta, early release, etc Dragon Soul Heroic is new content to me because I quit WoW entirely for this. Another expansion will be released with tons of new content in 1 month's time for WoW. New levels, race, class, dungeons, raids. From my understanding there is 15 or so bosses in release for end game.

GW2 will be something fun and supposedly the pvp is really good. All I am saying is the community/dev team lacked severely in communication for the last 3 months surrounding NiM and TfB and we still do not have any estimated time of release and nothing on the PTS.

I am not alone, just go ask the several other guilds that quit as a whole and are moving on to other games, or older games. SWTOR had potential. Lots of it. The storylines were great, but once you hit 50 it became a stalemate within little to do in recent months except level alts over and over. Servers died, they merged servers. Now Denova lags incredibly that you need to force yourself into new instances just to get a reprieve from the lag on certain fights that easily cause wipes.

Guilds are crumbling, even with the influx of populations initially with the merges. It is because people are unsubbing at a drastic rate. The game itself is GOOD. But the lack of content and communication is killing it for alot of people and it is unfortunate.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter