Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Firebrand & Stormcaller: Who do you put on the ground?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Firebrand & Stormcaller: Who do you put on the ground?

Seront's Avatar


Seront
06.13.2012 , 08:51 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Qonor View Post
Thanks. How does this strat change for hard mode? Still the Firebrand healer?
Still Firebrand healer (me) when we do it too. We cleared Toth and Zorn the first week 1.2 hit the live servers, but we were stuck on the tanks until just a week ago. Turned out it really was just a lack of dps (we're a fairly casual guild). We kept hittng a second double destruction. As a scoundrel, I do ~200dps averaged over the fight with just vital shot and white damage in between heals. It doesn't sound like a lot but I worked it out and it's about 10 seconds shaved off the fight, and if dps is struggling, every little bit counts.

Codek's Avatar


Codek
06.13.2012 , 09:00 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Seront View Post
Still Firebrand healer (me) when we do it too. We cleared Toth and Zorn the first week 1.2 hit the live servers, but we were stuck on the tanks until just a week ago. Turned out it really was just a lack of dps (we're a fairly casual guild). We kept hittng a second double destruction. As a scoundrel, I do ~200dps averaged over the fight with just vital shot and white damage in between heals. It doesn't sound like a lot but I worked it out and it's about 10 seconds shaved off the fight, and if dps is struggling, every little bit counts.
^^^This

By having the single target healer DPS during the first phase and burst heal tanks when needed. It can give that little bit of extra damage needed to beat the second DD orbs. If that happens then healing through the defensive phase is a joke and everyone can come out of it topped off allowing the same healer to DPS again. This basically creates a snowball effect that can make the fight incredibly easy when shooting for the first time kill.
~Codek

Seront's Avatar


Seront
06.13.2012 , 09:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
^^^This

By having the single target healer DPS during the first phase and burst heal tanks when needed. It can give that little bit of extra damage needed to beat the second DD orbs. If that happens then healing through the defensive phase is a joke and everyone can come out of it topped off allowing the same healer to DPS again. This basically creates a snowball effect that can make the fight incredibly easy when shooting for the first time kill.
Yeah.. Once we weren't hitting the second DD the fight became shockingly easy.

Qonor's Avatar


Qonor
08.08.2012 , 12:11 PM | #14
Again, thanks for the input on this. While we haven't done it on hard mode yet, it's significantly easier with the Firebrand healer on the ground.
Marqus Deception Assassin
Resurgent Empire Guild
Jedi Covenant PvE East Server

Drunkshade's Avatar


Drunkshade
08.08.2012 , 05:06 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Qonor View Post
Thanks. How does this strat change for hard mode? Still the Firebrand healer?
Hardmode animated Strat Video

http://www.chosen-elite.com/strategies

Fossman's Avatar


Fossman
08.08.2012 , 05:52 PM | #16
Usually have myself (arsenal merc) on the ground between FB and SC. Still put out decent DPS despite the movement. Once you have the timing down on the pillars/debuff its pretty easy.

Lightning_'s Avatar


Lightning_
08.09.2012 , 12:44 AM | #17
As Gunslinger Dirty Fighting DPS I have no problems staying on the ground. DPS loss is minimal, and I can still be #1 by total damage. Although I have to say that all of our rDPS can comfortably do it as well, as can Scoundrel healer. That's Story Mode though, dunno about HM.

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
08.09.2012 , 05:56 AM | #18
Doesn't matter as long as they are ranged.

In HM it doesn't matter as long as they are ranged and they have a cleanse to unlock the missile target from themselves.

Kaonis's Avatar


Kaonis
08.09.2012 , 09:26 AM | #19
Presently we've used a Merc, we've only had one night as a guild in there so it might change in the future, but our guys seemed to be fine on DPS'ing the boss. We only had to have myself (DPS Jugg) hop over, toss on about 4-5 secs of DPS to even out the bosses then hop back, and things went just fine for us.